Future of Mindcrack with modded minecraft?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

BadKnightLv01

Jul 29, 2019
With so many mods being updated to 1.5.2 and 1.6, there's a ton of new mod packs out and endless new content out there.
I for one really enjoyed seeing the Mindcrack guys taking on the mods, but ever since the Mindcrack pack in 1.4.7 died nobody plays anymore and I haven't seen any hints that they're planning on revamping their modpack for 1.5. Any ideas on what the future of Mindcrack FTB looks like?
They're already late to the party with these 1.5.2 modpacks, but better late than never in my opinion.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Watch their vids. Their current plans revolve around building frame machines the destroy everything. And generikb going Thaumcraft & bee crazy to destroy Zisteau. I expect them to use red power for a bit then destroy the map before they get a new modpack.

They haven't discussed anything so expect flame wars over mod selection.

Reactions: Mashy14

Albeleo

Jul 29, 2019
I know both Generic B and B00 have talked about a map reset bring the plan at this point. I would expect that it will coincide with FTB for 1.6. There's no real point to them updating to1.5 since they just reset their vanilla map and I'm fairly sure the 1.5 -> 1.6 update would require another reset.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Albeleo

Jul 29, 2019
What I've heard it doesn't look like 1.5-1.6 will require a reset.

There's apparently a major Forge update, something to do with liquids/fluids that may force a reset. Plus, if they want Xycraft for some reason it's not going to be updated for 1.5, only 1.6.

Either way, with the new vanilla map reset and everyone playing over there...I just don't see a reason why they'd update FTB right now when they could just wait a few months for 1.6.

Riuga

Jul 29, 2019
There's apparently a major Forge update, something to do with liquids/fluids that may force a reset. Plus, if they want Xycraft for some reason it's not going to be updated for 1.5, only 1.6.

Either way, with the new vanilla map reset and everyone playing over there...I just don't see a reason why they'd update FTB right now when they could just wait a few months for 1.6.

Liquids will disappear. But that's not a major problem.