Funny or wild goals to obtain?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
I was looking for ideas on wild or funny goals to set in minecraft, got any to share?

My recent idea was to cover a whole desert in dirt then grow grass and trees to have a nice wooded biome to build in but never have it rain. :) Or cover a wooded biome in sand and end up with a desert where it does rain.

A few others: I wanted to try and run a base entirely on one type of fuel, like biofuel or something like that. I always end up with multiple power sources, after I graduated from solar powered cheesiness. Id really like to make a windmill power grid using RP2 windmills attached directly to the MJ engine in RP2, but im never sure if going extreme with those sort of things will cause lag. (would 25-50 windmills cause lag?)

Or run a whole base using blaze rods, using soul shards.

On a more malicious level... ive always thought it would be fun (eh?) to set up a Filler around a persons base, and just fill the area in with reinforced stone or obsidian. nothing would be destroyed, but they would have no way to automate the removal of the obsidian, so they would have to mine it all by hand.

most of my ideas revolve around single fuel sources or wild designs. Right now im building a vertical tower of MFSUs and magmatic engines, with the MFSUs stacked and surrounded by RP block lamps, so that as the MFSUs run out of juice, they turn off the lights around them, to create a huge visual power meter. Setting it up to fire up magmatic engines and IC2 generatos as backup automatically, as the MFSUs run out of power.

I think its easy to get into a rut though, so I was wondering if others would like to share their ideas.

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
I try and collect a portable tank of every single liquid in the game.

Interestingly (or not) I was just thinking I would try to do the same thing. Can you put any liquid in a tank? Like in FTB ultimate there is Acid and other liquids that I have not run into before.

edit: except I was thinkin of a 12 x 12 xycraft tank of each liquid. :)

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
Any liquid you can pipe should be able to go in the tank. You'll have extra fun collecting liquids in Ultimate since GregTech adds so many. Try clicking on the Recipes button in the Liquid Transposer GUI.

Another goal I set for myself in 1.5.2 is to start a zoo and collect every mob in the game by trapping them in Jailer Safari Nets. I try and make little habitats for them and then drop them inside.

w29UxLc.png

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
Did you have a backup of the worldsave folder? I read about people losing worldds, but with a backup things should be ok, right?

jpbirdsgong

Jul 29, 2019
My goal on my new Unleashed server is to craft the most compressed cobblestone block from the Extra Utilities mod. It think it's octuple-compressed cobblestone? Requires upwards of 42 million cobble. I will probably end up building a cobble factory.

Albeleo

Jul 29, 2019
Single fuel source wasn't that hard in Ultimate. Steve's Carts tree farm -> biomass -> biofuel -> liquid fueled boilers -> power converters to whatever kind of power you need.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Jakeb

Jul 29, 2019
Building a house/base out of that octuple compressed cobblestone would be fun. Building a massive room filled with max size tanks of every liquid would be a fun goal to accomplish, especially with all the bizzare liquids that mfr has.
It's not really funny or wild, but my goal in my unleashed world/server is going to be to power everything off of an mfr tree farm, and later breed myself an uber tree (trees?) to farm with a nice little galgadorian minecart.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Collect 1 of every bee species in Extra Bees, Magic Bees and Forestry, or breed all the different trees available in Forestry and Extra Trees.

2122000nrm

Jul 29, 2019
Get quantum in three hours on the direwolf20 pack, solo. Or, make a team of like 20 people to try and get 1 quantum suit on Mindcrack pack in 5 hours
Better yet, use no ore duplicating machines/picks (including fortune)

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
Get a TiC/DC axe with maximum speed, and start chopping down trees. Continue until every tree on the continent you spawned on is chopped down. Continue to flatten the entire continent to Y level 64. Replace all the dirt/stone with grass/sand (depending on biome) and you have a nice little flat island to do anything with. It also looks nice.

Afterwards you can use wooden planks as your fuel source for everything.

Reactions: rymmie1981

SonOfABirch

Jul 29, 2019
I was looking for ideas on wild or funny goals to set in minecraft, got any to share?

My recent idea was to cover a whole desert in dirt then grow grass and trees to have a nice wooded biome to build in but never have it rain. :) Or cover a wooded biome in sand and end up with a desert where it does rain.

Wand of equal trade makes this task easy

Reactions: Museli and zorn

Harros

Jul 29, 2019
Cake production using bees only, you can use farmed and bovine for milk and wheat valiant for sugar and leporine for the eggs.

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if it is a goal but I have a special Ender Chest getting resupplied by Advanced Clay Golems. And what is it resupplied with you ask? Well, everything you can trade to villagers. Then I just go around trading with natural villagers. I'm still missing some items you can trade but it's pretty good already. For written books have to keep ink sacs and feathers in addition to the books because you have to do those manually anyway and they don't stack.

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
One goal I have is to oneday Bridge over an ocean. I would say "turn the whole ocean to stone" but that is a tad too ambitious, even with automation.