Fun things in TiC!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

TheAbstractHippo

Jul 29, 2019
I've seen some really... interesting things in the newest version of TiC. For example, Pig Iron! It's been in the dev version for a while, but that doesn't matter. ^^ Pig Iron has something called the "Tasty" modifier. I don't know what it does yet, so does anyone have any info on that trait?

It acts as a regular TiC material, so if you want you can make a, um... giant meat hammer. :D

2013-11-29_16.52.01.png

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
I've seen some really... interesting things in the newest version of TiC. For example, Pig Iron! It's been in the dev version for a while, but that doesn't matter. ^^ Pig Iron has something called the "Tasty" modifier. I don't know what it does yet, so does anyone have any info on that trait?

It acts as a regular TiC material, so if you want you can make a, um... giant meat hammer. :D

I don't need another meat hammer ;)

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
Even more hilarious is ExtraTiC, which adds Metallurgy and other metal support. One metal, Platinum (or Shiny) has a base mining speed of 24 but only mines up to redstone. However, using Tier 2 tools you can bypass this, getting things like a hammer with max mining level, 5 modifiers and 20 base speed. Oh yeah, and on hammers the RF power module adds a GIANT DRILL to the front of the hammer.

Basically, after customization I ended up with a 35 speed Electric Drillhammer that can mine anything. And I haven't even added a nether star lol.

kaiomann

Jul 29, 2019
I found a bug which makes it able to dupe xp. And I'm trying not to use it to often... Is there a way to turn xp into stuff? Like power?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
[INFO] [STDOUT] [TConstruct] Natura, what are we going to do tomorrow night?
[INFO] [STDOUT] [Natura] TConstruct, we're going to take over the world!

Reactions: rhn and kaiomann

TheAbstractHippo

Jul 29, 2019
Even more hilarious is ExtraTiC, which adds Metallurgy and other metal support. One metal, Platinum (or Shiny) has a base mining speed of 24 but only mines up to redstone. However, using Tier 2 tools you can bypass this, getting things like a hammer with max mining level, 5 modifiers and 20 base speed. Oh yeah, and on hammers the RF power module adds a GIANT DRILL to the front of the hammer.

Basically, after customization I ended up with a 35 speed Electric Drillhammer that can mine anything. And I haven't even added a nether star lol.

At what point does a TiC tool insta-mine cobble?

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
At what point does a TiC tool insta-mine cobble?
After a certain level you can't really tell an increase in speed. At least I can't. After having an adamantine hammer with 2 platinum plates and w slots of redstone it was like creative mode block breaking almost

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
After a certain level you can't really tell an increase in speed. At least I can't. After having an adamantine hammer with 2 platinum plates and w slots of redstone it was like creative mode block breaking almost
Yep, Adamantine Hammer with a Paper Rod and 2 Plat Plates is probably the best possible combo. It's likely the single best mining tool in the game, outpacing everything short of the Digital Miner.

After about 30 it's basically creative mode. Still not as crazy has the Red Morning Star, but we can only hope that the Tier 3 TiC tools will offer that.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Yep, Adamantine Hammer with a Paper Rod and 2 Plat Plates is probably the best possible combo. It's likely the single best mining tool in the game, outpacing everything short of the Digital Miner.

Dartcraft Force Drill laughs. Speed 5 + Efficiency 5 + Haste 4/5(Whatever the rod buff thing is) is faster than creative mode.

For TiC that combo might be the best though.