Fun 'jobs' in ultimate?

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Zowkaii

Jul 29, 2019
On my private server (3 people) we like to have unique jobs. For example, I am a Mystcraft/explorer guy, my cousin #1 is a thaumcraft wizard, and my #2 cousin is an engineer/miner. We can use each other's stuff with permission, but if you go and say, do lots of research when #1 is offline, he WILL be mad when he gets on. So, do you guys have any fun ideas for jobs? I want to do more than just mystcraft, can you think of any? Ideas are appreciated!

(sorry if in wrong place)

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
beast slayer - someone who takes care of making mob traps for collection loot and experience and for taking care of the hard-to-fight mobs, giving him a powersuit is preferrable
computer engineer - someone who writes computercraft codes and sets up systems using computers/turtles, ofcourse he/she does need to have experience with lua
home decorator - someone who builds buildings and dresses them up from inside and outside, it's quite difficult to make nice looking things and still have them useful
explorer - someone who goes across the world and looks for useful things and collects certain items, better give that person a portalgun
farmer - someone who is in charge of crops and possibly animals, MFR could be useful for this, or forestry

Insufferable Prick

Jul 29, 2019
Infrastructure Guy: The person who is in charge of power generation and distribution.

Industrial Mining Guy: The person in charge of Quarries and material transport from the Quarries.

Sorting Engineer: The person in charge of some kind of master sorting system.

Dr_appleman

Jul 29, 2019
Engineer - makes machines that make life so much easier.

Monster hunter - goes out and hunts monsters for loot or souls.

Blacksmith - makes sure that everyone has the best gear possible.

bee/tree breeder - some one who breeds trees and bees.

Edit: just a simple error on my part.

mathjazz

Jul 29, 2019
Public transportation - I like building railroads to link all of the places of interest.

Lucylilium

Jul 29, 2019
Heres what i have written up for my server. Feel free to get ideas from it. ^_^

Final Job Title : Architect
Tiers : DIY ( do it yourself) -->Handy Man --> Carpenter
Final Job Title : The Wise
Tiers: Apprentice -->Summoner--> Warlock --> The Wise
Final Job Title :StateFarm
Tiers: Flower Picker-->Gardener-->Farmer--> StateFarm
Final Job title : Apiarist
Tiers : BeeLover -->BeeCollector--> BeeKeeper--> Apiarist
Final Job title: Engineer
Tiers: Tinkerer-->Electritain-->Technician--> Engineer
Final Job Title: Conductor

Tiers: Passenger--> Train Fanatic--> SteamPunk--> Conductor

Not sure how you'd guys would have it sorted out for 3 people, but the list i have has fun titles for the jobs.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Get yourself this job: Factory guy. You can build you & your cousins farms w/MFR and Forestry, and you can pump your items through some processing plants to get you and your cousins some nice, tasty, factory-standard food with (hopefully) no bug parts or illegal chemicals in it.