[FTB's Magic World][Whitelist][24/7] Humble beginnings

• Announcement

Hello, we know that many of you have been asking for the server section to be split into sections so that servers are easier to find so that is exactly what we have done! We are also working on a server listing site to make the listing even better but this is still some time off and so for now this will be used. Current server owners will need to PM Rob if they want to keep their post with the following form completed:

Link to forum post:
    Pack:
    Server type (Whitelist/Greylist/Open):

Hope you like the new layout and if you have any more suggestions please post them in the web feedback forum.

The FTB Team
    P.S Go easy on my inbox :)

Fablenable

Jul 29, 2019
Server IP: mc.sedrion.eu (77.111.251.246)
Slots: 10 (Can be raised if needed be)
Geographical Location: France
Language used: English
Teamspeak: Will not happen
Difficulty: Hard Survival (Forestry set to HARD)
Rules: Use common sense. If you think you might be doing something wrong, you probably are.
Beta: Server will most likely have atleast one restart at some point.
Disabled/Changed mods: See below for details

Today I have decided to start exploring the Magic World modpack. And I wish that you will join me.

The server is located in France, I have had it running Bukkit with 25 concurrent players from all over the world before, without any major problems. I was also administrating a server that had 50 full slots most of the time at the same place, it ran smoothly. I am happy with their services, so now I will try running this modpack. A few weeks with the FTB have not yet proven me wrong.

I am looking for people that have little to no experience with the Thaumcraft/Twilight mods, to even the playfield out. But still I'd like to see experienced minecraftplayers. The goal is to build a small community with good friends and nice atmosphere and we will decide together the future of the server and the world we create.

Server mod changes/removal
For now I have made some adjustments to my liking of the mods, but I am open to any suggestions.

I have removed the Enderstorage mod.
I have removed the Obsidiplates mod.
I have removed the ForgeIRC mod.

I have removed the World Anchors from Railcraft.
I have removed Architect table, Quarries, Blueprint Library, Builder, Drill, Mining well from Buildcraft.
I have removed Meteors from Mystcraft instabilities.

Difficulty levels
Forestry is set to HARD
Server is set to HARD
Creeper will not destroy blocks, for now.

Server settings
Players will have ONE home which can be accessed with /sethome and /home
Players will be able to protect blocks/regions ( still working this out ).

All of the above may change at any time. Especially World Anchors. The BC changes will most likely stay tho, unless I get a really good reason. But really, I do not find quarries etc fitting in a "magic/adventure" setting. If it were not for the pipes, I would have thrown it out completly. ;)

So, if you are able to behave like an adult and play the game as it should be. Then by all means, drop a line telling about yourself. And I will add you to the whitelist.

Not even I have logged into this map that is generated now. So it is a fresh start. And I have not played Thaumcraft at all. So hurry up, I am excited.

PS. Do not count of any intervention by admin(s), no spawning items, no teleportations etc. Use what you got. And do count on atleast one restart of the map, sooner or later. When we get going, and have learned what we want. And have balanced out the mods.

Dversluis

Jul 29, 2019
Hey,
(IGN: dversluis)
I am a 23y'o Aussie, i would love to get white listed to come play on the server, I am experienced in these mods but not an expert. I have played these only sp so i would love the chance to play some MP.

memangamma

Jul 29, 2019
My IGN is memangamma
I've been tinkering with Thaumcraft 3 on a ssp world for a bit and I understand the basic concepts of Thaumcraft 3. I haven't touched Twilight Forest that much when I've been playing FTB so that will be interesting.

Actloud

Jul 29, 2019
IGN: Actloud
Looking to join this server :) Seems like it will be great fun!
18 year old Canadian1

Kris1432

Jul 29, 2019
IGN - Kris1432
i'm 18 and from the UK
sounds like a decent server, would like to join and be part of the community :)

HeffronCM

Jul 29, 2019
I'm interested. Minecraft name is HeffronCM.

With the Magic World modset, you're going to end up with more of a Steampunk feel than Tolkeinesque fantasy. Too much of Railcraft, Steve's Carts, Forestry, Buildcraft, and Thermal Expansion can be seen as the Industrial Revolution at work. I would recommend a shift in perspective instead of trying to edit out the offending aspects. Rather than viewing all of these as modern electrical innovations, see them as the final extensions of a society that built itself on the magical properties of Redstone. At the core of all of these devices is the quasi-mystical ore that provides power and motion to so many magitechnological marvels.

At least, that's what I tell myself when I want to build anything automated in a 'magic' instead of 'technological' Minecraft world.

Fablenable

Jul 29, 2019
I'm interested. Minecraft name is HeffronCM.

With the Magic World modset, you're going to end up with more of a Steampunk feel than Tolkeinesque fantasy. Too much of Railcraft, Steve's Carts, Forestry, Buildcraft, and Thermal Expansion can be seen as the Industrial Revolution at work. I would recommend a shift in perspective instead of trying to edit out the offending aspects. Rather than viewing all of these as modern electrical innovations, see them as the final extensions of a society that built itself on the magical properties of Redstone. At the core of all of these devices is the quasi-mystical ore that provides power and motion to so many magitechnological marvels.

At least, that's what I tell myself when I want to build anything automated in a 'magic' instead of 'technological' Minecraft world.

Added you to the list. Well I have no problem with automation or industrial feel. What I don't think fit is the constant AFK mining and eventually unlimited amount of resources the quarries bring in. I like the fact that people acctually have to go caving and hunt monsters etc. But I am open to suggestions and we migt change it. Lets see what happens.

JeMo

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds like a very good idear to limit the auto mining, its make the game into creative in a matter of 6-8 hours.
Personally i have very little exp in thaumcraft 3.

Im currently looking for a stable server to play on when my time premits it, real life is such a hassle :D

Ingamename is JeMo

HeffronCM

Jul 29, 2019
Added you to the list. Well I have no problem with automation or industrial feel. What I don't think fit is the constant AFK mining and eventually unlimited amount of resources the quarries bring in. I like the fact that people actually have to go caving and hunt monsters etc. But I am open to suggestions and we might change it. Lets see what happens.

Ahah! I understand. If your objection is AFK mining, you should also remove the Chunk Loader from Steve's Carts.

Reactions: Fablenable

Fablenable

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds like a very good idear to limit the auto mining, its make the game into creative in a matter of 6-8 hours.
Personally i have very little exp in thaumcraft 3.

Im currently looking for a stable server to play on when my time premits it, real life is such a hassle :D

Ingamename is JeMo

You sir, are on the list.

JeMo

Jul 29, 2019
I just tried to logind, and the server response that im not white listed.

Mabye it doesnt like the game name with the large M?

branco07

Jul 29, 2019
IGN - branco07
I am 17 years old from the Netherlands :D
Sounds like a fun server would like to take a part of this great community.

Fablenable

Jul 29, 2019
I just tried to logind, and the server response that im not white listed.

Mabye it doesnt like the game name with the large M?

Changed capitalization. Try again please.[DOUBLEPOST=1355070249][/DOUBLEPOST]
IGN - branco07
I am 17 years old from the Netherlands :D
Sounds like a fun server would like to take a part of this great community.

Added you to the list.