FTB vs Magic World pack comparison

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

alfblack

Jul 29, 2019
Greetings!

I setup a family server running FTB for me and my kids (and some of their friends). I saw this Magic world pack and wondered how they differed. The are almost the same but some diffrence. So I made a spreadsheet to find out. And you can check this sheet out to save you the work yourself. Enjoy!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aj3BwCzHaW2AdDhxV0J2NV9sTGlKSjN1bHRvQ0dRQWc

Currently still sticking to FTB pack (hoping thaumcraft 3, EE, Redpower2, etc will finally be added in the very very near future). But am really drooling to play Thaumcraft ASAP. *sigh*

Azurl

Jul 29, 2019
You will most probably be able to add thaumcraft 3, soulshards and equivalent exchange manually once the FTB A pack is updated to 1.4.5

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
We'll be getting the DireWolf20 pack with all of those in once all of the mods update, so there might be no need.

So I've heard at least, still not sure if it's a rumor or not, there's a similar one going around about an FTB ultimate pack.

Either way, I honestly think we'll get one eventually, because of the public demand if nothing else.

PixieNinja

Jul 29, 2019
We'll be getting the DireWolf20 pack with all of those in once all of the mods update, so there might be no need.

So I've heard at least, still not sure if it's a rumor or not, there's a similar one going around about an FTB ultimate pack.

No rumour, Slowpoke101 announced it in his last livestream on Twitch - we'll be seeing several other packs added to the launcher;

Tech World
Lite Pack
Ultimate Pack
Direwolf20

If you're a fan of Direwolf20's series too, you'll also be able to download the map from his series every 10 episodes right from the launcher.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
No rumour, Slowpoke101 announced it in his last livestream on Twitch - we'll be seeing several other packs added to the launcher;

Tech World
Lite Pack
Ultimate Pack
Direwolf20

If you're a fan of Direwolf20's series too, you'll also be able to download the map from his series every 10 episodes right from the launcher.
Nice, I really wish this sort of info got onto the front page, and ftb twitter. Thanks for spreading the word.

And no, I'm not :D I never watch lp's mostly cause I want to come up with everything on me own. I'm sure as hell downloading the pack when it's out though.

Azurl

Jul 29, 2019
I hope I won't have to tweak the configs too much when I switch from the FTBBetaA pack to the ultimate pack, or direwolf20 pack while keeping my server world

Lathanael

Jul 29, 2019
I hope I won't have to tweak the configs too much when I switch from the FTBBetaA pack to the ultimate pack, or direwolf20 pack while keeping my server world

You won't (hopefully and most probably). We are trying to keep the configs and IDs similar. It might break in the future if to many mods are in each pack so that we need the id ranges from mods which are not included. But i do not see how we can use up 4096 block IDs soon.

Azurl

Jul 29, 2019
You won't (hopefully and most probably). We are trying to keep the configs and IDs similar. It might break in the future if to many mods are in each pack so that we need the id ranges from mods which are not included. But i do not see how we can use up 4096 block IDs soon.
Awesome :) and thank you for your hard work!

Greyed

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the spreadsheet. It looks like, aside from IC2 and portal gun, I pretty much crafted my own magic pack before they released it. Good to know since I like to base my worlds of FTB with my own mod choices tossed in. :)