FTB Utilities, how to increase allowed claimed chunks

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
A

Aretzgaming

Hi, sorry if this is in the wrong place.

Im trying to increase the number of allowed claimed chunks on my beyond server, but I cant seem to find any documentation anywhere on how to do this. Any help at all would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Inenting

Oct 21, 2013
Amsterdam
Yea i'm searching for this too, it doesn't seem to be in the config under /local/ftbu/config.json.
Can someone please tell us where it is?

Darciniel

Jul 29, 2019
It took me a bit of digging to figure this out. So what you have to do is go to /local/ftbu/ranks.json. Once there you'll be presented with a config file that looks like this:

{
"default_ranks": {
"player": "player",
"op": "op"
},
"ranks": {
"player": {
"parent": "builtin_player",
"permissions": [],
"config": {}
},
"op": {
"parent": "builtin_op",
"syntax": "<&2$name&r> ",
}
}
}

Inside of the config curly brackets for player (or any other rank you've created for that matter) type in the following:

"ftbu.claims.max_chunks": <amount>,
"ftbu.chunkloader.max_chunks": <amount>

It should look like this:

{
},
"config": {
"ftbu.claims.max_chunks": 1000,
"ftbu.chunkloader.max_chunks": 1000
}
},
}
}
}

Note that this number can be changed to anything up to a maximum of 30000. Also make sure ranks are enabled on your server for this to work properly (I believe they are enabled by default). Sorry for the wall of text but I hope this helps!

D

Daywalker

On singleplayer I added to op instead of player and it worked.

lonerince

Jul 29, 2019
I've tried this method, but the rank.json file keeps reverting back to what it was before i added the changes

Kel_Co

Jul 29, 2019
I've tried this method, but the rank.json file keeps reverting back to what it was before i added the changes

Make sure to exit the game completely before changing the file. If not, the file will revert to its original state when it was launched.

Reactions: ICountFrom0
T

Tripwire_117

Has anyone been able to figure out the flags for this? Im using Luckperms, for some reason it doesn't take. Any insight in this would be appreciated, IveI searched everywhere to find an example. Not really sure how ftbu ranks work nor how to assign them.

I

ItzShenanigens

Guys i cant get this to work its driving me nuts can anyone walk me though it ?

P

Pevara

This one has been bugging me for a while and I finally got it to work, so I thought I would share. I came across this example ranks.json file on my search, and noticed it uses "ftbutilities.whatever" in stead of "ftbu.whatever" for the config node names. So I used the information above and changed the ftbu and now it works. Here are the exact steps I took:
  1. Shut down your server
  2. Edit the /local/ftbutilities/ranks.json file
  3. Add the following inside the ranks.[rank of choice].permissions node (you can change the numbers obviously):
    "ftbutilities.chunkloader.max_chunks": 250,
    "ftbutilities.claims.max_chunks": 1000

4. Boot the server
  5. Claim all the things!
For reference, I'm using version 5.0.2.10 of FTB Utilities (inside All the Mods 5.9.4b, Minecraft 1.12.2) and this is how my ranks.json currently looks:
{
},

"permissions": {

"ftbutilities.chunkloader.max_chunks": 250,
"ftbutilities.homes.max": 10,
"ftbutilities.claims.max_chunks": 1000
}
},

"permissions": {}
}
}
}

Last edited:

AirOnSkin

Feb 22, 2018
As an additional info: The file needs to be valid json. If it's not it will also revert. It's good practice to validate the file using an online checking tool like https://jsonlint.com/
I recently spoke to the mod author about the same issue and was instructed to put the configuration inside the config block of the desired player. My working config looks like this:
Code:
{
    },
            "config": {
                "ftbutilities.chunkloader.max_chunks": 1024,
                "ftbutilities.claims.max_chunks": 1024
            }
        },
        }
    }
}

Chaoschaot234

May 30, 2015
Hey together,

have the same problem that FTBU isn't longer like in 1.7.10 where you used /edit_config ftbu to edit all the claims and no, I don't go out there and use a stupied permission system which is useless!
I want exactly and nothing more as the old 1.7.10 behavior to edit the claimes/loads, as long as this isn't changeable, I'll report this as bug!

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
I don't go out there and use a stupied permission system which is useless!
Permission system is a good thing as a server owner it gives you more possibilities to control things.

I want exactly and nothing more as the old 1.7.10 behavior to edit the claimes/loads, as long as this isn't changeable, I'll report this as bug!
Perhaps you should write your own mod that does what you want then? Reporting this as a bug just because you're not satisfied with how the mod is progressing is just silly.

A side note on this, if there's anyone else stumbling on this thread:
As an additional info: The file needs to be valid json.
In the latest verions this has changed and is no longer json-formated files.

Chaoschaot234

May 30, 2015
Perhaps you should write your own mod that does what you want then? Reporting this as a bug just because you're not satisfied with how the mod is progressing is just silly.
Or kicking such mods out of the packs ... well, what I did was reactivating the chunkloaders from other mods (killed the lines in the specified ZS-Script), which weren't craftable because the FTB Team is forcing the player to use this new stupied FTBUtilites progression.

If we are in need of permission, then go out an use mods to have an eco server but this is not, what we want! And as long as FTB R is and will never become, an Eco pack, there is nothing legit to force users to use a not needed permission system. My opinion and my point of few, which will not change!

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Or kicking such mods out of the packs ... well, what I did was reactivating the chunkloaders from other mods (killed the lines in the specified ZS-Script), which weren't craftable because the FTB Team is forcing the player to use this new stupied FTBUtilites progression.

If we are in need of permission, then go out an use mods to have an eco server but this is not, what we want! And as long as FTB R is and will never become, an Eco pack, there is nothing legit to force users to use a not needed permission system. My opinion and my point of few, which will not change!

That's not to "force" people to use FTP Utilities, it's to prevent the inconsiderate players on a server from leaving everything loaded and running when they log off, contributing to the server's inevitable lag-death.

If you are playing a solo game it doesn't matter since the server is stopped the picosecond you log off.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Exitusworld

Jul 29, 2019
Always struggle to get this working in single player, all the links through mod are to pages that dont exist yet, or just broken. Someone helped me out with latest 1.12 version so forwarding it as it worked.

%MINECRAFTINSTANCE%\local\ftbutilities\ranks.txt (not json) could be json file but wasnt for me.
(EDIT Values to w/e you wish.)

[player is default_player_rank]
ftbutilities.chunkloader.max_chunks: 1000
ftbutilities.claims.max_chunks: 2000

[admin is default_op_rank]
ftbutilities.chat.name.color: "dark_green"

Reactions: Cloud_Constructor
W

WiffleBen

Has anyone been able to figure out the flags for this? Im using Luckperms, for some reason it doesn't take. Any insight in this would be appreciated, IveI searched everywhere to find an example. Not really sure how ftbu ranks work nor how to assign them.
me too man...me to

C

Cloud_Constructor

Always struggle to get this working in single player, all the links through mod are to pages that dont exist yet, or just broken. Someone helped me out with latest 1.12 version so forwarding it as it worked.

%MINECRAFTINSTANCE%\local\ftbutilities\ranks.txt (not json) could be json file but wasnt for me.
(EDIT Values to w/e you wish.)

[player is default_player_rank]
ftbutilities.claims.max_chunks: 2000

[admin is default_op_rank]
ftbutilities.chat.name.color: "dark_green"

I can confirm this. I'm in a single player game playing the latest version of Enigmatica 2 Expert and therefore assume the latest version of of ftbutils. There are also links within the ftb Utilities Mod page that shows you examples of commands. And like the quote says, you must do this within the "local" file of your game/ mod pack. For example, mine is in
Documents/Curse/minecraft/instances/engimatics2expert/local/ftbutilities....
Within this folder is more info. An html linking to a full page of commands and everything.

But as the quote, links in folder and on mod page says you must edit the ranks.txt file and not the Jsn or whatever that file type is.

Also to fully edit the small .txt file you need a source code editor like Notepad++, which is free, that I use. Will upload a pic of my file.
Screenshot_20190104-155852_Gallery.jpg