FTB Utilities Chunk loader

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tigerlore

Jul 29, 2019
Searching high and low and I can't find how to chunk load with FTB Utilities. Does claiming chunks load them also?

Is it even a thing? I know it was promised, and a lot of people seem to think it exists, but how to do it?

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
1. Claim a chunck.
2. Shift Right Control left Click to chunck load it. (will apear red insteed of green)
3. Keep in mind you cant chunck load the "Spawn Area" with that.
4. FTB Utilities need to have a certain version for this. Can´t remember which one, change logs would tell.

Last edited:

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
The above is the answer, but I'll post this here for reference as well. I've noticed a few oddities with the FTBUtils chunkloading (others have mentioned similar things).

In my case, my farm system stopped working when I left the area. What's annoying is, I can't diagnose which mechanic isn't working without being there. My system is using Rotarycraft Fans to harvest a field, allowing me to harvest without having to replant. At the end of the field, drops are carried to a Hopper via a stream of water. The Hopper feeds into an EnderChest which is emptied at by warehouse.

From my experience thus far, I suspect the issue is the drops entering the Hopper from the water while I'm away. As soon as I come back into range to load the chunks, the Hopper is flooded with drops. My next test is to use a different item collection system (OpenBlocks Vacuum Hopper), then test other theories less sound until I can make it work.

As I stated above, others have had issues with chunks only being semi-loaded, but I've not seen any definitive data on what does/doesn't work or why. My first thought was that they used a loading similar to Spawn Chunk loading, which doesn't allow for crop growth unless a player is present, which is a theory I've not completely ruled out. More testing is needed.

Reactions: lordstarfox

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
1. Claim a chunck.
2. Shift Right Click to chunck load it. (will apear red insteed of green)
4. FTB Utilities need to have a certain version for this. Can´t remember which one, change logs would tell.

Uh is there an interface I need to bring up for that?

Running Infinity 2.3.5 and I'm new to this FTB Utlilities thing.

In fact I ended up enabling Chicken Chunks again since I couldn't figure out chunk loading.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
  • Press "E"
  • Click the Map symbol on the left side, ( next to the boots slot)
  • Left click on the map to Claim a Chunck (it should turn green)
  • Now Control Left Click the same chunck to Chunck Load it. (turns red)
  • *you can right click it again to unclaim a chunck
  • *There is a limit of Chuncks a player can claim/load (maybe editable in config file I guess)

Reactions: Shevron

ObservantCape79

Jul 29, 2019
1. Claim a chunck.
2. Shift Right Control left Click to chunck load it. (will apear red insteed of green)
This didn't work for me it just unclaims the chunk

llloyd

Jul 29, 2019
I've noticed the same issue (areas semi chunk loaded so not really working well) with my Rallcraft Loaders / Unloaders. Is there any other method of Chunk Loading in 1.10.2 besides the Extra Utilities 2 "Let's try to trick a villager into selling their soul" method?

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
I've noticed the same issue (areas semi chunk loaded so not really working well) with my Rallcraft Loaders / Unloaders. Is there any other method of Chunk Loading in 1.10.2 besides the Extra Utilities 2 "Let's try to trick a villager into selling their soul" method?

The Vanilla way was to automate dropping something through a Nether Portal every four minutes or so (collection on the other side is optional, but recommended). This forces the chunks on either side of the portal to stay loaded.

For 1.10, RailCraft is still a WIP, so not all features will be 100%. FTBUTILS chunkloading has been working in my world thus far without glaring issues, although my current setup doesn't resemble my 1.7 setup (which I had issues with)in any way. I'm not sure which side the issue was occurring, but I have yet to see it in 1.10.

matetoes

Jan 4, 2020
This is a really old thread but somehow it finds its way to the top of Google. For new visitors who want to avoid the hours of hair pulling that I went through, add:

ftbutilities.claims.max_chunks: 500
ftbutilities.chunkloader.max_chunks: 500

to both the OP and regular player section of ranks.txt

Primal Wind

Jul 29, 2019
Going to necro this thread since it keeps jumping to the top and remains relevant.

None of these suggestions here worked for me. The only thing that worked was holding left shift and DOUBLE-CLICKING.

Status
Not open for further replies.