FTB Utilities Chunk Claiming/Loading

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
D

Daihok

Hello everyone Im trying to find in the config where you can change how many chunks can be claimed/loaded in FTB Utilities. Any help on how to change this would be Fantastic.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
From what I have gathered, that functionality got rolled into the ranks .json file. I would begin my search there.

D

Daihok

From what I have gathered, that functionality got rolled into the ranks .json file. I would begin my search there.
Ok found the ranks file but its pretty much blank so have to set up the config myself I guess? Would you have any exampls that i could copy/paste? Kinda new to that so really have no clue. I couldnt find an example online anywhere to even know where to start.

D

Daihok

Still trying to find help with this if anyone has any clue.

Rishenda

Jul 29, 2019
I remember reading something about this, but for the live of me I can't remember where. I did a search on this forum, it also could have been on the FTB Reddit. Maybe a search there could give you your answer.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Below is what I've been using for the ranks.json file.
Code:
  "default_ranks": {
    "player": "player",
    "op": "op"
  },
  "ranks": {
    "player": {
      "parent": "builtin_player",
      "permissions": [],
      "config": {
        "ftbu.chunkloader.max_chunks": 25,
        "ftbu.chunkloader.offline_timer": -1.0,
        "ftbu.claims.max_chunks": 500
      }
    },
    "op": {
      "parent": "builtin_op",
      "syntax": "<&2$name&r> ",
        "ftbu.chunkloader.max_chunks": 50,
        "ftbu.claims.max_chunks": 1000
      }
    }
  }
}

D

Daihok

Below is what I've been using for the ranks.json file.
Code:
  "default_ranks": {
    "player": "player",
    "op": "op"
  },
  "ranks": {
    "player": {
      "parent": "builtin_player",
        "ftbu.chunkloader.max_chunks": 25,
        "ftbu.claims.max_chunks": 500
      }
    },
    "op": {
      "parent": "builtin_op",
      "syntax": "<&2$name&r> ",
        "ftbu.chunkloader.max_chunks": 50,
        "ftbu.claims.max_chunks": 1000
      }
    }
  }
}
OMG thank you so much i have been looking for this for weeks. You my friend are amazing thank you.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
In all honesty. I HATE FTBU's chunk loading system. Never seems to work for me and it doesn't reload chunks at server restart either. I personally prefer chicken chunks. Simple, effective and it does reload chunks at server restart.

D

Daihok

In all honesty. I HATE FTBU's chunk loading system. Never seems to work for me and it doesn't reload chunks at server restart either. I personally prefer chicken chunks. Simple, effective and it does reload chunks at server restart.
Hmm yea i couldnt get the values to change does that go in the ranks files or the player ranks file?

desht

Jan 30, 2013
UK
Yeah, I'm with you there. FTBU chunkloading works OK to keep your base running when you're away from it, but I've never gotten it to properly chunkload my base when I'm not online. It sort of partially works, which is actually worse than not loading chunks at all. E.g. I logged in to find a pile of 8000 (not exaggerating) charcoal in front of my endoflames and an empty mana pool (and a server pegged at 100% CPU). Same simple setup with Chicken Chunks works just fine.