Solved FTB Unleashed - Yes another RAM issue.

Zafir

Jul 29, 2019
FIXED
Yoo! So I fixed the problem with this!. Just watch this video!
it was amazing. and now I have no more problems. Also if you have a 64bit machine make sure you don't have java 32 bit installed.

So.. I want to allocate more ram to the server but when I try to make it bigger then default I have big issues.

The default is:
java -Xms512M -Xmx1G -jar ftbserver.jar

I changed it too:
java -Xms3G -Xmx6G -jar ftbserver.jar

From the default I have no issues but I would like to give my server more ram so I changed it. Now it pops up with the following errors and won't start the server.

Error occurred during initialization of VM
Could not reserve enough space for object heap
Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.
Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.

Wondering if anyone knows how to fix this problem. FYI I have 16gbs of ram installed into my computer so ram is not an issue or so I think...

Zafir

Jul 29, 2019
Alright I've change it and it still doesn't work. Help

Error message this time:
Invalid maximum heap size: -Xmx6G
The specified size exceeds the maximum representable size.
Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will now exit.

So I changed it to "java -Xms512M -Xmx3G -jar ftbserver.jar" because I thought I was assigning it to much memory which shouldn't be the case because I have 16gbs of ram. Anyways it still doesn't work and has the same error message as before:

Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

Jared39

Jul 29, 2019
So.. I want to allocate more ram to the server but when I try to make it bigger then default I have big issues.

The default is:
java -Xms512M -Xmx1G -jar ftbserver.jar

I changed it too:
java -Xms3G -Xmx6G -jar ftbserver.jar

From the default I have no issues but I would like to give my server more ram so I changed it. Now it pops up with the following errors and won't start the server.

Wondering if anyone knows how to fix this problem. FYI I have 16gbs of ram installed into my computer so ram is not an issue or so I think...

Use the following startup script:
Code:
java -server -Xms14G -Xmx14G -XX:PermSize=128M -XX:-OmitStackTraceInFastThrow -XX:UseSSE=4 -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseCMSCompactAtFullCollection -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:+AggressiveOpts -jar ftbserver.jar nogui
-Xms14G -Xmx14G
It works better to have both of them the same.

Zafir

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have 64-bit Java? If not be sure to get it from http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp and click the Windows Offline (64 bit) link
Yes I do.

Use the following startup script:
Code:
java -server -Xms14G -Xmx14G -XX:PermSize=128M -XX:-OmitStackTraceInFastThrow -XX:UseSSE=4 -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseCMSCompactAtFullCollection -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:+AggressiveOpts -jar ftbserver.jar nogui

It works better to have both of them the same.
I've tried this and it pops up with the error:
Error: missing 'server' JVM at 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\server\jvm.dll'.
Please install or use the JRE or JDK that contains these missing components.
I've installed JDK and it still pops up with the same error message.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
I can see now that you have both a 32 and 64 bit java installed. Uninstall the 32bit.

cjm721

Jul 29, 2019
Or just directly link to the 64 bit one with something like this:

"C:/Program FIles\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe" JVM arguments ftbserver.jar

Jared39

Jul 29, 2019
Yes I do.

I've tried this and it pops up with the error:
Error: missing 'server' JVM at 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\server\jvm.dll'.
Please install or use the JRE or JDK that contains these missing components.
I've installed JDK and it still pops up with the same error message.
Ok, take out the -server argument and if that still doesn't work use the direct path stated by cjm. Also, if you are going to use the direct path you will need to find what directory has your java folder inside it. It is usually in either Program files or Program files (x86). Here is the script without the -server and with the path. vv
Code:
C:/Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe -Xms14G -Xmx14G -XX:PermSize=128M -XX:-OmitStackTraceInFastThrow -XX:UseSSE=4 -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseCMSCompactAtFullCollection -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:+AggressiveOpts -jar ftbserver.jar nogui

Zafir

Jul 29, 2019
I can see now that you have both a 32 and 64 bit java installed. Uninstall the 32bit.

Alright I uninstalled it maybe that was the issue.

Ok, take out the -server argument and if that still doesn't work use the direct path stated by cjm. Also, if you are going to use the direct path you will need to find what directory has your java folder inside it. It is usually in either Program files or Program files (x86). Here is the script without the -server and with the path. vv
Code:
C:/Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe -Xms14G -Xmx14G -XX:PermSize=128M -XX:-OmitStackTraceInFastThrow -XX:UseSSE=4 -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseCMSCompactAtFullCollection -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:+AggressiveOpts -jar ftbserver.jar nogui

I toke it out but it came up with an error but I don't remember what the error is because after uninstalling java 32bit it started to work. Well not until I changed the code a bit to this:
Code:
"C:/Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe" -Xms14G -Xmx14G -XX:PermSize=128M -XX:-OmitStackTraceInFastThrow -XX:UseSSE=4 -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseCMSCompactAtFullCollection -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:+AggressiveOpts -jar ftbserver.jar nogui

So I was like sweet maybe the older .bat file would also work because I think that having 32bit Java still installed was the issue now it comes up with this error:
'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
I'm going to give my computer a reboot maybe that could be the source of at problem but overall using the code above my server works, I don't know why but it works.

Edit: So I fixed the problem. I think my computer doesn't know where java is because from the default run file and the error message above I've changed the .bat file from this:
java -Xms4G -Xmx4G -jar ftbserver.jar
to this:
"C:/Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe" -Xms4G -Xmx4G -jar ftbserver.jar
and it works just fine. However I would like to know why I have to replace "java" with "C:/Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe"

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Windows is stupid?

You uninstalled the version of java windows was defaulting to. In order to make windows default to the 64bit, just reinstall it.

Jared39

Jul 29, 2019
Alright I uninstalled it maybe that was the issue.

I toke it out but it came up with an error but I don't remember what the error is because after uninstalling java 32bit it started to work. Well not until I changed the code a bit to this:
Code:
"C:/Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe" -Xms14G -Xmx14G -XX:PermSize=128M -XX:-OmitStackTraceInFastThrow -XX:UseSSE=4 -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseCMSCompactAtFullCollection -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:+AggressiveOpts -jar ftbserver.jar nogui

So I was like sweet maybe the older .bat file would also work because I think that having 32bit Java still installed was the issue now it comes up with this error:
'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
I'm going to give my computer a reboot maybe that could be the source of at problem but overall using the code above my server works, I don't know why but it works.

Edit: So I fixed the problem. I think my computer doesn't know where java is because from the default run file and the error message above I've changed the .bat file from this:
java -Xms4G -Xmx4G -jar ftbserver.jar
to this:
"C:/Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe" -Xms4G -Xmx4G -jar ftbserver.jar
and it works just fine. However I would like to know why I have to replace "java" with "C:/Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe"
You still should use the other arguments stated above as they give you better performance.

Zafir

Jul 29, 2019
Yoo! So I fixed the problem with this!. Just watch this video!
it was amazing. and now I have no more problems. Also if you have a 64bit machine make sure you don't have java 32 bit installed.