FTB Unleashed Sticky Resin Farm?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Bloodmorphed

Jul 29, 2019
I know you can do it with some sort of multifarm, I would like to know how to do it. Please and thank you :p.

Note: I do not want it to chop down the tree, just take the resin out!

Bloodmorphed

Jul 29, 2019
I don't need the saplings. I have plenty of trees.

EDIT: And google didn't tell me crap. At least nothing I could understand. Nor did I find and tutorial videos. I wouldn't have asked here if I had found it on google.

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
I don't need the saplings. I have plenty of trees.

EDIT: And google didn't tell me crap. At least nothing I could understand. Nor did I find and tutorial videos. I wouldn't have asked here if I had found it on google.
have you even tried to google for "forestry"?

TheUnholyTaco

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, here it goes:

First, you need a Circuit Board (preferably Intricate). If you wish to do a Rubber Farm, you're going to need to make Rubberized Electron Tubes in the Thermionic Fabricator. Take a Soldering Iron, right click, and use the arrows in the Soldering Iron GUI to change the top from Electrical Engine to Manual Farms. Slap in 1-4 Rubberized Electron Tubes to change the respective NSEW to Rubber Farms. Slap that baby in your Multi-Farm and let the rubber fly.

BTW, all this could be found here:
http://ftbwiki.org/MultiFarms

Have fun.

Dackstrus

Jul 29, 2019
You can also use a portal gun (or similar) to pick up the resin-producing logs and stack them against walls in a shed somewhere.

I wonder what happens if you do this and place them in a multifarm.... I've usually done the first bit myself, but the two together could do neat things..

Bickers

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder what happens if you do this and place them in a multifarm.... I've usually done the first bit myself, but the two together could do neat things..
it will havest the rubber like normal it still works even if you pack the farm solid with rubber wood blocks it produces a massive amount of resin

raven0ak

Jul 29, 2019
I just use myself old style set: 32x32 area ... trees are paced 2 blocks between each, all leaves are removed ...add lights or something to prevent mobs(especially creepers) ...add some place to charge up and be happy grinding day in day out there, resin spots hardly run out since those keep spawning rough same rate as you run farm once trough

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Agreed. I can think of at least 3 ways to automate sticky resin off the top of my head:

Forestry Rubber Tree Farm using IC2 rubber trees
MFR Harvester using MFR rubber trees
Turn bee propolis into sticky resin

There is also a bee, I believe, that specifically produces sticky resin and/or rubber. I forget.

But you should read up on these and try the mods first as RandomMoped said.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Agreed. I can think of at least 3 ways to automate sticky resin off the top of my head:

Forestry Rubber Tree Farm using IC2 rubber trees
MFR Harvester using MFR rubber trees
Turn bee propolis into sticky resin

There is also a bee, I believe, that specifically produces sticky resin and/or rubber. I forget.

But you should read up on these and try the mods first as RandomMoped said.

You can also use an MFR harvester on stickyreed as proposed above.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I've already made up my mind. I want a sticky resin farm. Not too sure why people are having a hard time understanding that. o_O

Because you've been offered options on how to do it but ignore anything that's new to you or wasn't already in your plan set. It is of poor judgement to set a goal and put blinders on for all but one solution. It is in your best interest to learn the new things and approaches to the problem that have been offered.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Chop down the trees, send the saplings you need to replant back into the farm, and send the rest, including the logs, into an Extractor.

Reactions: angelnc