FTB Unleashed Sticky Resin Farm?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Zarkov

Mar 22, 2013
I would recommend MFR planter and harvester. No need for any fertilizer, you'll get *plenty* of resin without it. Then you can just void the excess saplings and send logs / resin to an extractor. Might want to overclock it a bit :)

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
I would suggest MFR rubber aswell, can be used for ic2 stuff and is so easy to get with a MFR farm

Zarkov

Mar 22, 2013
If it hasn't been clear, MFR planter and harvester works well with IC2 rubber trees as well. :)

steve g

Jul 29, 2019
2013-10-19_011421.png

2013-10-19_011433.png

2013-10-19_011444.png

2013-10-19_011438.png

the cow pit has a sewer collecting poo from the cows. it gets sent up to a composter that turns the used food into industrial fertilizer, which is sent to a cyclic assembler and converted to forestry fertilizer, and fed directly into a mfr fertilizer. a mfr planter under the dirt blocks keeps replanting the rubber trees, and a mfr harvester is there to chop up the trees. output from harvester goes to a diamond pipe that sends saplings down a pipe that goes to the planter, a pipe going up gets the sticky resin and another pipe handles the wood, which gets sent to 3 sawmills. they chew up the wood and send sticky resin back out to the diamond chest, and planks get void piped out the bottom. simple setup and already got 6 stacks of sticky resin after running a few minutes. eventually planter will overflow from saplings, you can split off a void pipe to relieve the excess, or send the extra saplings to an extractor to get rubber from the saplings.

and those are ic2 saplings ;)

couldnt help it, had to improve the farm:
2013-10-19_065145.png

2013-10-19_065159.png

2013-10-19_065208.png

now its self sustaining! planks go through a cyclic assembler, converting them to sticks that get fed to 12 generators. EU gets converted to MJ to keep the redstone energy cell powering the mfr gear and sawmills topped off. added another sawmill (3 was not keeping up) and using a router to balance the load between the mills. added a router to bleed off surplus saplings from the planter, have it feeding an extractor converting the saplings to rubber. and not even touching the resin thats coming out of the harvester or sawmills. removed the industrial fertilizer->forestry fertilizer conversion...i used that setup to feed a forestry multifarm before, kinda stuck with me in this design

joshA1313

Jul 29, 2019
I've already made up my mind. I want a sticky resin farm. Not too sure why people are having a hard time understanding that. o_O
heres a video might help swap out the sappling for the type you want ,
i know for sure the will work on unleashed and ultimate 1.4.5-1.5.4

RamblinWreckGT

Jul 29, 2019
You can also use a portal gun (or similar) to pick up the resin-producing logs and stack them against walls in a shed somewhere.
.....I was too busy crapping my pants for the past few days over the discovery I can move chests with a portal gun without having to empty them first to even think of this application for them. You have made my (manual) rubber farms so much better!

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
Wasn't my idea, to be honest: Someone else posted a screenshot of his "resin chamber" around here months ago.

It opens the mind up to a number of possibilities, however. Whether it's fast travel, killing mobs or making unique builds, it's worth considering whether your portal gun can have a hand in the matter.