FTB Unleashed Mob Spawner

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Tavid

Jul 29, 2019
Im looking to get away from the old Vanilla with something more quick and easier, set-up but I couldn't find one in the guides or on YT, so if someone might have tripped upon a video or guide I missed it would appreciated, remember if your just offering a explination Im a FTB noob. ty.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Search up the items soul shards and autospawners.

I'd suggest hitting a wiki before ingame.

namae

Jul 29, 2019
You can also use force wrench to relocate vanilla spawners, which is probably easier than making tech spawners.

Harryarne

Jul 29, 2019
Do you know if the relocated vanilla-spawner would work when you are not close to it? I've been trying both, and only the drops from the created spawner seems to get added to the system when I'm not logged on (got a world anchor on it).

Sorry in advance for it being a bit offtopic, but that force-wrench thing, if it behaves the same way is really VERY good.

Kitchen_Fire

Jul 29, 2019
It will not. But they are good as start-resource for essence for using MFR Mob Spawner
You still need to be within 16 blocks of the vanilla spawners for them to work. If you have dartcraft installed, using vanilla spawners early game can be very useful because you can get spoils bags. You can also set up automated AFK systems that kill the mobs and pick up the spoils bags.

If you are wanted high levels of production you will need go with a soulshard or an autospawner.

Tavid

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the input guys, so far Im not sure still how to make a mob spawner

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
Do you mean something that spawns mobs, or something that kills spawned mobs for you while collecting their loot (a mob farm)?

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Few ways to make mob spawners to say.

1. Vanilla way of making dark rooms and water channels.
2. With DartCraft's Force Wrench, with Shift+Right Click you can pick up vanilla mob spawners. (You can pick up spawners with a PortaSpawner(really expensive), Gravity Gun and/or Portal Gun too, but Force Wrench is cheaper and in my opinion, much more reliable too.)
3. Soul Shards mod. Shove a tier 5 shard into a Soul Cage.
4. With MineFactory Reloaded, make a reliable mob essence farm then use the Auto-Spawner.

The above mentioned methods are for FTB Unleashed. Not sure if if I'm missing anything else, so hopefully someone else can help fill in the blanks.

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
Few ways to make mob spawners to say.

1. Vanilla way of making dark rooms and water channels.
2. With DartCraft's Force Wrench, with Shift+Right Click you can pick up vanilla mob spawners. (You can pick up spawners with a PortaSpawner(really expensive), Gravity Gun and/or Portal Gun too, but Force Wrench is cheaper and in my opinion, much more reliable too.)
3. Soul Shards mod. Shove a tier 5 shard into a Soul Cage.
4. With MineFactory Reloaded, make a reliable mob essence farm then use the Auto-Spawner.

The above mentioned methods are for FTB Unleashed. Not sure if if I'm missing anything else, so hopefully someone else can help fill in the blanks.

Extra Utilities' Cursed Earth spawner would also be an option.

Reactions: PierceSG