FTB Unleashed L.S.O.D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ithambar

Jul 29, 2019
Hey fellow FTB players,

I am not sure, if this is the right place for it, but I have been trying to fix this the whole day and am kinda tired.

I am experiencing the socalled Lag Spikes of Death (L.S.O.D.) when playing any of my Unleashed worlds. It only happens with Unleashed, not with Vanilly MC nor any other FTB modpack.
I tried about anything suggested on the internet from Optifone up to a virtual partition on my RAM, but nothing worked.

Does anybody have any single clue what I could be doing?

I really want to play FTB again...

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Please read below. Please be sure to read all of the info available in the 2 articles.
Please follow these steps exactly: http://desk.feed-the-beast.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/9/0/basic-troubleshooting
This is to rule out any issues with your setup. Please also read the extra info at the bottom of the guide, and apply all applicable suggestions.

Please post your complete client-side (launcher) console log in debug-mode to pastebin.com and link your paste URL here.
To find your logs and prevent them from expiring: http://desk.feed-the-beast.com/inde...29/1/what-log-do-you-need-where-can-i-find-it
Do that, and then provide the console log via a pastebin link

GuildMaster

Jul 29, 2019
1. It's not autosaving:
Saving and pausing game...
It's autosaving when you press ESC.
2. Have you tried going to Optifine > and setting FPS Limit to Vsync (drag that slider to the left) and using Fast Advanced OpenGL?
Another thing: what are your system specs? Even if Unleashed worked without lag for some time, your specs could still help ;) .
Something I also recommend is to regularly defragment your Hard Drive. Read this Microsoft article on how to do it.

Ithambar

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, no, changing those settings did not work...

Anyway, here are my specs:

Windows 7 Home Premium Edition (64-bit) Service Pack 1 (Build 7601)
8087 MB RAM
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz
Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000 | NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M

At least I hope these are all the important values...

And yes, I should defrag my Hard Drive, didn´t do that for some time...

GuildMaster

Jul 29, 2019
Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000 | NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M
Well, since you got both Intel integrated graphics and Nvidia discrete graphics, that could explain the whole problem.
Nvidia uses the Nvidia Optimus Technology to change between your Nvidia graphics card and the Intel graphics card. It doesn't detect Minecraft as a program that needs a powerful GPU.
In other words, DirectX games that don't use Java (pretty much any other game: Battlefield. Batman: Arkham City. The Elder Scrolls. Pretty much anything) will use the powerful Nvidia GPU. Minecraft, on the other hand, it's not deemed as a demanding game.
Tl;Dr; Go to the Nvidia Control Panel. Then click on the drop-down and select "High Performance Nvidia Graphics"
Pictures to explain:
tDgvV6c.png

FAXdkk6.png

Ithambar

Jul 29, 2019
Many, many thanks. I actually managed to get FTB to run again. I am so happy you all tried your best to help me.

Thanks!

Ithambar

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I tried everything suggested here, and in the end Guild Master´s last post did it. I told my pc to use the high graphic drivers in general and espacially for all Minecraft related stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.