FTB Unleashed Enderman Farm

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Tyguy20

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so I am having troubles with an Enderman farm. I need the Enderman to die then have the mob drops brought to a certain location. I can not use Transposers because the are simply not in Unleashed so please do not suggest that. I tried conveyor belts, but conveyor belts apparently counter fall damage. Water won't work because they won't take any fall damage so that prevents them dieing from water before they TP away. So how can I transport the mob drops to the location I want?

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so I am having troubles with an Enderman farm. I need the Enderman to die then have the mob drops brought to a certain location. I can not use Transposers because the are simply not in Unleashed so please do not suggest that. I tried conveyor belts, but conveyor belts apparently counter fall damage. Water won't work because they won't take any fall damage so that prevents them dieing from water before they TP away. So how can I transport the mob drops to the location I want?
Have the Endermen fall on obsidian pipes. They'll automagically pick up the drops.

Tyguy20

Jul 29, 2019
Have the Endermen fall on obsidian pipes. They'll automagically pick up the drops.
Obsidian Pipes will get a bit messy when they are cluttered in a 9x9 area. It will take forever for the items to navigate to the output.

Last edited:

Tyguy20

Jul 29, 2019
Hoppers.

Floor of hoppers. Endermen fall on hoppers. Endermen die from fall damage. Drops fall into hoppers and are then distributed normally from there. Done.
I thought about hoppers but they are a bit expensive if your using a lot. Here's the math. My floor is a 9x9 area so I would need 81 hoppers. Each of these 81 hoppers requires 5 iron ingots and 1 chest. 81 blocks times 5 iron ingots equals 405 iron ingots. If you divide 405 by 64 (a stack) the quotient is about 6 stacks of iron ingots. That's a lot! Then we have the chests. 81 chests each need 8 wood so we would do 81 chests times 8 wood. This will get us 648 wooden planks or 10 stacks (This is not to bad though.) The wood is not bad, but the iron is a bit much.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
TT thaumostatic magnetizer+Hungry chest

TC Wooden golem

MFR grinders

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
I thought about hoppers but they are a bit expensive if your using a lot. Here's the math. My floor is a 9x9 area so I would need 81 hoppers. Each of these 81 hoppers requires 5 iron ingots and 1 chest. 81 blocks times 5 iron ingots equals 405 iron ingots. If you divide 405 by 64 (a stack) the quotient is about 6 stacks of iron ingots. That's a lot! Then we have the chests. 81 chests each need 8 wood so we would do 81 chests times 8 wood. This will get us 648 wooden planks or 10 stacks (This is not to bad though.) The wood is not bad, but the iron is a bit much.
So use pistons to squish down the final drop. In a typical EnderEnder, pistons + pressure plates are used to push endermen off the ledge. You can use this to push endermen into a smaller drop tunnel, something like a 3 x 3 should be more than sufficient. There's zero need for having a 9 x 9 kill area.

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
btw, you only need 1 chest. Just have your hoppers feed into each other until they reach an output point.

Siro

Jul 29, 2019

I've actually done larger such systems in Vanilla where hoppers are really your only choice for Endermen.

Anyway, for a modded solution, try conveyor belts.

iNd3x

Jul 29, 2019
obsidian pipes are more than usable too, just add iron pipes beneath, and wrench them to force all the items to go in a certain direction.
for example make all items go from the right side, to the left, and let the last row gather all the drops leading into a chest -kinda wierd to explain, hope you get it!

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Is it not still possible to attach an engine to an obsidian pipe to increase its range?
Yes it is, but AFAIK range will not really exceed more than 1-1.5 blocks radius. Easiest would also be to use autarchic gates.
Instead I prefer to use the Thaumostatic Magnetizer from Thaumic Tinkerer. It will pull items in a 8(I think) block radius. Just have it pull them item towards an obsidian pipe or hungry chest or the like. This way you can cover quite large areas with a simple compact setup.

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
Yes it is, but AFAIK range will not really exceed more than 1-1.5 blocks radius. Easiest would also be to use autarchic gates.
Instead I prefer to use the Thaumostatic Magnetizer from Thaumic Tinkerer. It will pull items in a 8(I think) block radius. Just have it pull them item towards an obsidian pipe or hungry chest or the like. This way you can cover quite large areas with a simple compact setup.
With a combustion engine powering the pipe, it has a range of 4 blocks. Placed in the center of the floor, it covers a 9x9 area. Also it sucks up stacks at a time, but I'm not sure how useful that is.

Fe2O3

Jul 29, 2019
Why does the killing area need to be 9x9 ... I assume you kill them wiith fall damage? Why not make it 2x2?

If you have MFR -> just conveyor them into a one of those mob killing machines.

Reactions: PierceSG

Siro

Jul 29, 2019
Why does the killing area need to be 9x9 ... I assume you kill them wiith fall damage? Why not make it 2x2?

If you have MFR -> just conveyor them into a one of those mob killing machines.

Shuffling mobs into a more enclosed space can cost vertical space which he might not have. But yeah, conveyors are cheap and easy either from MFR or ExtraUtils. Or he could carpet the floor in Item Collectors (MFR, the vanilla recipe for which is quite cheap for 8 of them) and have them output into iron pipes or me interfaces or whatever he's storing things in. The more mods one has, the more options one has for doing things.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Shuffling mobs into a more enclosed space can cost vertical space which he might not have.
Not exactly, he could have made a 9x9 room around the spawner (I'm assuming it is a spawner) with the middle 3x3 going down a 40 block shaft. Inside the rest of the room are conveyor belts going towards the shaft and the ground level could now be 9 hoppers instead of 81.

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Tapatalk