FTB Unleashed Discussion & Mod Suggestions

BitNinja

Jul 29, 2019
What mods should be added to FTB Unleashed?[DOUBLEPOST=1374806322][/DOUBLEPOST]I think FTB could use some fun mods like flans weapons vehicles, the hat mod, a furniture mod would be okay

eric167

Jul 29, 2019
non-hard mode GT.
we get the machines w/o insane recipie changes.
this is what i liked about the FTBBetapackA. GT was there, stupidly hard recipies no.

im sure SOME people like having to get a steel nugget to get to the nether, but i dont.

camobunny101

Jul 29, 2019
i think they should add gregtech to it cause i liked it when ftb beta 1.5.2 had it but now this one doesent cause it had all my favrouite thinks and i tried to add it manualy and it crashed D:

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
Just as a note, I'm not going to button this thread up at this time because the discussion's fairly innocuous, but I'm going to notate that this is only a hypothetical discussion and nobody's required to pay attention to it. Also, if it devolves into a "my favorite mod is better than your favorite mod" flamewar, heads will be banged together.

If you want to suggest specific mods to add to FTB's mod repetoire, visit this thread.
If you want to discuss mods that may go well with Unleashed if you install them yourself, visit this thread.

Thanks. =)

Reactions: Pokefenn

LordBufu

Jul 29, 2019
I am really at a cross road here, i like the new idea behind both "new" modpacks.
I how ever dont like how iether of the 2 packs goes around the starting part of the game, witch for me is kind of spoiling the fun for both of them.

I don't want to discuss mods specifically (or modpacks for that matter), but i do like to say im rather disappointed in the direction things are going atm, for me it feels like your being forced into someone its point of view on how minecraft should have been. And in terms of server management you are not really able to change it unless you want to replicated the setting to all your active players true config files.

Id like to see a easier way of doing that, if even possible at all, client reading server config files to get the data for example would seem like a perfectly normal and obtainable goal for this. But then again i have no clue on what is or is not possible with in the modding perspective in terms of FTB. How ever that being sad as i also mentioned in the big whine topic about the last few events going down, atm not having it is only making things more complicated for both the pack creators as the server owners due to the lack of being able to change things without having to replicated things to your active players.

Sorry if its not more constructive on the modpack itself, but that is just the way i feel about things atm, and i feel talking about a modpack content atm isn't relevant cause i wont be able to manage the config files in a easy matter, meaning i wont be able to make the changes i would like to see making it rather dull to discuss the content if i dont like the way the content currently works together.

BitNinja

Jul 29, 2019
Alchemy Would Be Awesome But Once you Get Energy Collectors And The Energy Condenser The Game Is WAY To Easy

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
I don't understand the need for Unleashed or Unhinged for that matter. It just seems to me like what Ultimate should be, but with more or less included.
I suppose if I had to give a reason for it's existence, it would be to separate the gregtechers from the not-so-gregtechers and segregate the servers to accommodate both families.

Regardless, it just seems as if all FTB's packs seem very similar to each other, give or take minor alterations. I was lead to believe we were given the modpack editing support to include or disable what we didn't want.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Id like to see a easier way of doing that, if even possible at all, client reading server config files to get the data for example would seem like a perfectly normal and obtainable goal for this. But then again i have no clue on what is or is not possible with in the modding perspective in terms of FTB. How ever that being sad as i also mentioned in the big whine topic about the last few events going down, atm not having it is only making things more complicated for both the pack creators as the server owners due to the lack of being able to change things without having to replicated things to your active players.

This is not possible because of the way minecraft loads. All mods and their configs are loaded before you even reach the title screen. You can use a launcher like multimc to keep multiple instances of the same pack with different configs, but that's about it.

Lathanael

Jul 29, 2019
This is not possible because of the way minecraft loads. All mods and their configs are loaded before you even reach the title screen. You can use a launcher like multimc to keep multiple instances of the same pack with different configs, but that's about it.

Oh it totally would be possible with a custom launcher and might even be possible with a coremod hooking into the load process of minecraft.