ftb ultimate

duke-drake88

Jul 29, 2019
ok so im getting lag when i play any of the ftb mod packs and ultimate gives the least lag, so i wanna try and cut out some of the less needed mods from the modpack hoping to increase performance.

what mods dont give much to the mod pack or decrease performance.
so far im removing
gregtech (hear it decreases gathering speed)
twilight forest (why would i want another warp lol)
portalgun (you crash my comp so why keep you)

im also adding
optifine

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Why is everybody complaining about those crystals once again?? oh yea and yea if your doing RP2 wrong then yea it's will but do it right and it's should be better than some other automation systems.

giesergast

Jul 29, 2019
Why is everybody complaining about those crystals once again?? oh yea and yea if your doing RP2 wrong then yea it's will but do it right and it's should be better than some other automation systems.

why cuase it lags

and yeah oke thats true

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
One issues is liquids & seeing as its too easy to make huge yx tanks!, another is over use of timers & relays.

Otterman89

Jul 29, 2019
I had the same problem with FTB Ultimate. I kept getting a lot of lag, even on lower MC settings. Somehow, all viruses and such got removed from my PC and was restored back to when I bought it and Minecraft FTB Ultimate barely lags anymore except for the Mini Jungle biome where it lags me greatly, but I still keep my settings lower. I just bought a new graphics card so that should take care of the rest of my lag, even on full settings. My current card is an Nvidia GeForce 210 and bought an Nvidia GeForce 630 in which I need to install. So maybe instead of getting rid of mods you might want to use in the future, try a better graphics card. :)

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
I had the same problem with FTB Ultimate. I kept getting a lot of lag, even on lower MC settings. Somehow, all viruses and such got removed from my PC and was restored back to when I bought it and Minecraft FTB Ultimate barely lags anymore except for the Mini Jungle biome where it lags me greatly, but I still keep my settings lower. I just bought a new graphics card so that should take care of the rest of my lag, even on full settings. My current card is an Nvidia GeForce 210 and bought an Nvidia GeForce 630 in which I need to install. So maybe instead of getting rid of mods you might want to use in the future, try a better graphics card. :)

yep valid point MC + mods are very very cpu & graphics hungry, btw when you first make a world all the chunks need to gen so even with a good rig it will lag a little, but with an older PC you may get major lag on creation, 40-60 second it can be I hear, the second time its not near as bad as the spawn zone has been generated, but as you move out you will be generating new chunks so go slow if older box, same goes for entering the nether or Twilight Forrest the first time.

duke-drake88

Jul 29, 2019
im running a brand new comp with a nvidia geforce gt 620 graphics card.

would the monitor only using one cable of the 2 it came with have anything to do with it?

renn_123

Jul 29, 2019
Of all the programming languages notch could have used he picked java. There are good reasons for this, but performance is not one of them. Add to that all the reverse-engineering required to get mods into Minecraft and there is bound to be some FPS issues.

Otterman89

Jul 29, 2019
yep valid point MC + mods are very very cpu & graphics hungry, btw when you first make a world all the chunks need to gen so even with a good rig it will lag a little, but with an older PC you may get major lag on creation, 40-60 second it can be I hear, the second time its not near as bad as the spawn zone has been generated, but as you move out you will be generating new chunks so go slow if older box, same goes for entering the nether or Twilight Forrest the first time.

I got my Nvidia GeForce GT 630 graphics card installed yesterday evening. On my old Ge Force 210, I had to run on low settings, not min settings, but low and still get plenty of lag and the mini-jungle biome was the only biome for huge lag. With my new graphics card, on MAX settings, my performance in FTB Ultimate rose significantly. On the old card with low settings, I get up to 30 fps if I stand still a couple of minutes but usually between 15 and 25 over half the times between 10 and 15 dipping below 10. On my new card, on MAX settings I average between 35 and 45 but I do get spikes up to 80 fps in the redwood forest which has a TON of blocks for the huge trees and hills and on occasion spike up to around 100+. :)

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
Otterman do a test I know that forge devs have worked some magic that increase frame rates a lot try one of the new 152 packs & after the firsts 5 minutes see what you FR is, I know that mine went from 100-120 to 144-165ish, you need to check that you have the latest drivers for you card or cards as well as this can be an issue too.