Problem FTB Ultimate stuttering

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
X

Xepahr

So i am currently playing FTB Ultimate with some friends on a Nitrado Server for a while now. And since recently i have these really weird stutters which appear around every 3 to 4 seconds. I tried nearly everything. allocating more RAM in the launcher, tried specific Java arguments and installed optimization Mods (Optifine). I even have these stutters in the Main Menu and they are really annoying ingame. I am grateful for every possible answer :(

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
Are you the only one having these issues on that server - (also make sure that your friends are on the same location as you are when you have the issues)?

If you're the only one, try restarting your computer and do not start anything else than the game, and try again - do you still have the issues?

Reactions: Xepahr
X

Xepahr

Are you the only one having these issues on that server - (also make sure that your friends are on the same location as you are when you have the issues)?

If you're the only one, try restarting your computer and do not start anything else than the game, and try again - do you still have the issues?
Yes, i was the only one on the Server with these problems.
But so far it seems that it's working again. I still have major problems with lag, but it's far more playable right now. tbh i did not even think about restarting it. Thanks.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
It's always advisable to reboot a Windows machine every so often. Doubly so if it's been running Minecraft continuously :D

Reddis

Jul 29, 2019
I'd bet money that java is eating up the memory in your pc. I play extremely large packs like Stoneblock and All the Mods and every few hours I notice freeze/stutter. If you are on win10, do a ctrl / alt / del and pull up the task manager. I will bet that you see a system application called Super Fetch with a number very close to the amount of ram you have allocated to MC. Super Fetch remembers things you do so you can do it faster next time. The problem is these newer MC modpacks are getting worse and worse at garbage collection, which fills up your system memory. The only way to fix it (that I know of) is to completely close minecraft and reopen it.