FTB Ultimate: Question about item menu

Darkranger85

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys,

I just booted up FTB ultimate for the first time and it looks great!

However, I noticed that when I press E to bring up my inventory, there seems to be an item menu kind of like creative mode that I can just select any items I want.

I don't want that. How do I get rid of it?

Thanks!

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Open your inventory, go to options, and change Cheat mode to Recipe mode. This is NEI, it shows you every item/block, and how to make it.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah... If you turn off NEI FTB is probably going to be very difficult to learn. Some items/ blocks can have multiple crafts.
On my Singleplayer world I"m always accidentally spawning 64 of something after forgetting to switch cheat mode off from my creative world.
But as easy as you spawned it in you can delete it just as fast by dragging the spawned items over the block interface.

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
Do you want to completely get rid of it or just the Creative mode of the mod? The mod can show the recipes for the items that you click on. If you want to get rid of it entirely you can press the 'o' button and that will hide the mod from your inventory screen. If you want to keep the recipe option enabled, but remove the creative part. Open your inventory and in the bottom left part of the screen is an Options button click on it. For 1.4.7 and 1.5.2 you want to click on the top most button in the right column, labeled Cheat, and click on it once. Now it should say Recipe, if it does not click on it until it does. Now click done at the bottom of the screen. From there on out you cannot give yourself the item you can only look up the recipe.