Ftb Ultimate pack

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Creeper Be Creepin

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, I was wondering if anyone reading this thread knew the differences and the similarities of the Ftb Ultimate pack vs the Direwolf20 pack? And if anyone knows the release date/estimated release date of Redpower 2 that would be highly appreciated. Thankyou

Mikey_R

Jul 29, 2019
The Ultimate pack will have almost every mod in it, DW20's pack will be the one he uses for his single player lets plays.

As for Redpower, it'll be out when it's out. No ETA has been given and don't expect to get one.

Reactions: Confidential1207

raiju

Jul 29, 2019
I'm curious how 'almost every mod' is defined?

Pure speculation, but I imagine it will be every possible mod that Slowpoke / his team deem acceptable in the pack. If they can't make a mod work or they don't like it or feel it's unbalanced they might remove it from the final project.. maybe. Other than that it's going to be almost every mod/every mod you see throughout Feed The Beast, simply put.

StarLiner

Jul 29, 2019
Pure speculation, but I imagine it will be every possible mod that Slowpoke / his team deem acceptable in the pack. If they can't make a mod work or they don't like it or feel it's unbalanced they might remove it from the final project.. maybe. Other than that it's going to be almost every mod/every mod you see throughout Feed The Beast, simply put.

I know that Balkon gave permission for his weapons mod, but slowpoke never responded to his message. So I'm hesitant to say every mod they can get their hands on.

*excited*

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
You can't throw every mod that exists and Slowpoke has permission for into 1 pack, it will never be sustainable on a server level. Hell server's are struggling now with the current beta A pack, granted that's mainly due to outdated buggy mods, but still too many and it wont be playable.

Reactions: Confidential1207