FTB Ultimate - Grass doesn't spread

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

DanielKoh

Jul 29, 2019
Title FTB Ultimate - Grass doesn't spread

Launcher Type Server

Modpack FTB Ultimate

Modpack version 1.1.2

Have you modified the pack? Yes

Link to log file

Details of the issue - No log file because there are no errors -

By modifying the pack i mean that i removed the gravigun mod and added MCPC+ for plugin support, this happend before with gravigun mod on, when i first started the server, the grass was spreading, now it stopped, is there any way that a config can cause this and can be fixed? My players keep complaining and I don't know how to fix it. I had world anchors / chunkloaders + glowstone and torches next to dirt and grass blocks, even afk'ed for 1 night and it still didn't spread.

SephirothWS

Jul 29, 2019
Remove MCPC+ and revert back to vanilla Forge, see if that fixes the issue. If it does, then its a MCPC+ problem.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Is the dirt that your grass won't spread to actual, normal dirt, or does it have a different data value?

There is a different kind of dirt that shows up on occasion (I'm not entirely clear on why) that just doesn't grow grass. Try digging up the borked dirt, placing it back, and see if that fixes it.

DanielKoh

Jul 29, 2019
Is the dirt that your grass won't spread to actual, normal dirt, or does it have a different data value?

There is a different kind of dirt that shows up on occasion (I'm not entirely clear on why) that just doesn't grow grass. Try digging up the borked dirt, placing it back, and see if that fixes it.
Its the actual dirt.

Quetzi

Jack of All Trades
Retired Staff
Aug 20, 2012
quetzi.tv
One problem that MCPC+ had for a long time was that Tile Entities weren't removed properly, this could be an example of that happening. If that was the case the Tile Entities would persist when you changed from MCPC+ back to Forge. One way to check this is to look at those dirt blocks in mcedit and make sure they don't have a Tile Entity attached to them. You are discovering why we have never supported the use of MCPC+ or Cauldron/Thermos or any of the various forks. Things break in unpredictable ways.

DanielKoh

Jul 29, 2019
One problem that MCPC+ had for a long time was that Tile Entities weren't removed properly, this could be an example of that happening. If that was the case the Tile Entities would persist when you changed from MCPC+ back to Forge. One way to check this is to look at those dirt blocks in mcedit and make sure they don't have a Tile Entity attached to them. You are discovering why we have never supported the use of MCPC+ or Cauldron/Thermos or any of the various forks. Things break in unpredictable ways.
I did what you suggested, they don't have anything attached to them.