FTB Town Hall - June 26th

B

Big Bad

Greetings, all!

Feed The Beast will be hosting a Town Hall-styled meeting this Friday, June 26th at 3PM EST (8PM BST, 12PM PDT). The meeting will be broadcasted over on our Official Twitch Page. Our goal is to conduct these meetings regularly to both present news as well as provide a venue in which we can answer and address any questions or concerns the community may have.

While we've got a few announcements, secret reveals, and tidbits of our own to share, we would like most of our docket decided by our userbase. To make sure that your question gets answered over the air, we'll be gathering questions posted in this topic ahead of time. We'll be doing our best to answer as many questions as possible.

For this Town Hall, the currently confirmed participants are:

- slowpoke101: FTB Founder
[ Twitter | Twitch | YouTube ]
- captainnana: System Administrator
[ Twitter ]
- tfox83: Pack Development Lead
- Gideon Seymour: Modpack Developer
- BigBadChris: Marketing & Visual Development
[ Twitter | Website ]
And maybe a special guest or two!
The stream is expected to last roughly two and a half hours. For those unable to attend, a recording of the stream will be uploaded to our YouTube shortly after.

Thank you, and we're looking forward to seeing you this Friday!

- The Feed The Beast Team

Last edited by a moderator:

pAznik

Jul 29, 2019
OK my question for FTB team.
Can we expect ''kitchensink'' pack with quests, sometime in the future?

ps: Actually I've got an answer in the past from some members of PhoenixTeam but it was more in the style like, NO HQM is more then kitchensink pack, NO too much mods in those packs...
I don't know but i think that this can be done if you know how to make a pack. Of course if you don't over-complicate at start, like making questline for every mod, or even making story. Quests could be added like a mod of the month, in small portions. For me that would be perfect pack, because i love quests but i also love kitchensink pack and i don't like to jump between packs, when i create a world i stick with it for months. As far as kitchensink packs goes, i like them because if I decide to play with same mod it's high chance that terrain and materials are already generated.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
There's a way to handle kitchensink packs with HQM--just don't go deep into the mods. Use it as a teaching tool to get people interested, but let them experiment after a certain point.

My QQ to the peeps: "Why are you still so awesome?" That should clear the air for better questions. :)

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: 1SDAN

SnowShock35

FTB Pack Developer
Feb 27, 2014
United Kingdom
snowshock35.com
Greetings, all!

Feed The Beast will be hosting a Town Hall-styled meeting this Friday, June 26th at 3PM EST (8PM BST, 12PM PDT). The meeting will be broadcasted over on our Official Twitch Page. Our goal is to conduct these meetings regularly to both present news as well as provide a venue in which we can answer and address any questions or concerns the community may have.

While we've got a few announcements, secret reveals, and tidbits of our own to share, we would like most of our docket decided by our userbase. To make sure that your question gets answered over the air, we'll be gathering questions posted in this topic ahead of time. We'll be doing our best to answer as many questions as possible.

For this Town Hall, the currently confirmed participants are:

- slowpoke101: FTB Founder
- captainnana: System Administrator
[ Twitter ]
- tfox83: Pack Development Lead
- Gideon Seymour: Modpack Developer
- BigBadChris: Marketing & Visual Development
[ Twitter | Website ]
And maybe a special guest or two!
The stream is expected to last roughly two and a half hours. For those unable to attend, a recording of the stream will be uploaded to our YouTube shortly after.

Thank you, and we're looking forward to seeing you this Friday!

- The Feed The Beast Team
The one just before my birthday. This snowman has added it to his calendar ;p