FTB server on a mac (1.12)

E

emxx

Is that somebody that know how to start a ftb 1.12 server on a mac?
I have not find any guide or tutorial.

S

SNAFU

I'm experiencing a similar issue. I'm new to MAC and that is what the server is trying to run on. I used the wikihow page and made some minor adjustments as needed. When I open the server start file it tells me "Error: could not create the Java Virtual Machine"

It is a fresh operating system on an older machine. It DOES have the latest 64bit java installed. EULA has been edited. "ServerStart.sh" was changed for memory allocation and then name changed to "ServerStart.command"

I have zero issue RUNNING a vanilla server. I did unpack the FTB*.*.jar and attempted to run the server but it still failed.

I'm also running into outside connection issues that my buddy and I have been attempting to correct. Port IS forwarded but unable to access the server locally and externally.

I'm overwhelmed/frustrated/stressed b/c I've spent close to six hours trying to get this to work while learning a different operating system.

TIA

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
latest 64bit java installed
if that is java 9, then that is probably the problem. If you are unsure run
Code:
java -version
in the console. For me that returns
Code:
openjdk version "1.8.0_151"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_151-8u151-b12-1~deb9u1-b12)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.151-b12, mixed mode)
Yours will probably look a bit different, as I'm using openJDK as opposed to the java from oracle
. "ServerStart.sh" was changed for memory allocation and then name changed to "ServerStart.command"
If the pack came with a ServerInstall.sh file or something along those lines, did you run that first?
I think you can also run the .sh files directly with no need to change them to .command first. However I've never used a mac so I may be wrong on that part.
I did unpack the FTB*.*.jar and attempted to run the server but it still failed.
Yea... you shouldn't do that. It needs to stay a .jar to work
I'm also running into outside connection issues that my buddy and I have been attempting to correct. Port IS forwarded but unable to access the server locally and externally.
Is this the vanilla server or did you get the FTB one working?
Can you connect to it on the same machine using
Code:
localhost
[?CODE]
as the ip?

S

SNAFU

made those adjustments and was able to get the startserver file to run using java 1.8
I was also able to join the game from a different machine. however i was quickly kicked from the game. on three other attempts this continued.
not sure what that is about. however, it took far less time to get the server running on my windows os than it did the mac so i'm looking at cost to rebuild an old desktop to handle a small 2-5player server

S

SNAFU

thank you for your help. i was able to get the server to run, partially. then my wife suggested we do a dual OS install and put windows on the machine. twenty minutes after the OS was installed I had the game running and a player joining me.

The only issue I have at the moment is being able to adjust the gamemode from inside the game. This is the first time I have had the issue. The other player has the same issue. Below is the content from the file. When I am in game and use /gamemode <1> <0> it tells me I do not have permission. Thoughts?

#Minecraft server properties
#Sun Dec 31 11:00:11 CST 2017
generator-settings=
op-permission-level=4
allow-nether=true
level-name=world
enable-query=false
allow-flight=false
announce-player-achievements=true
server-port=25565
level-type=DEFAULT
enable-rcon=false
force-gamemode=false
level-seed=
server-ip=
max-build-height=256
spawn-npcs=true
white-list=false
spawn-animals=true
snooper-enabled=true
hardcore=false
online-mode=true
resource-pack=
pvp=true
difficulty=1
enable-command-block=false
player-idle-timeout=0
gamemode=0
max-players=20
spawn-monsters=true
view-distance=10
generate-structures=true
motd=A Minecraft Server

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
its because you are not an op
Simply make yourself an op using the /op command.
This needs to be done using the server console.