FTB Server Hosts

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Bracye

Jul 29, 2019
Who is the companies that has one click installs for the FTB servers? I know Creeperhost. Think Slowpoke mentioned another one or two.

Bracye

Jul 29, 2019
Found Multiplay. They have servers in South Africa, where we are. Can someone suggest the amount of ram for the Magic World server? We only going to be 4 players. So I guess dont need a lot of memory.

Noj87

Jul 29, 2019
I've been using Nitrous Networks for a couple of months for a Tekkit server (recently moving to FTB) and the server is perfect for me and a couple of friends, and it is very cheap. Support is extremely good too.

MadDogTen

Jul 29, 2019
Found Multiplay. They have servers in South Africa, where we are. Can someone suggest the amount of ram for the Magic World server? We only going to be 4 players. So I guess dont need a lot of memory.
Depends on what all you will be doing, But I would say 1 Gig should work fine (I Normally play on a 3 Person Server, and that's with IC2 and its mods installed, a few quarry's running with a sorting system and whatnot, and 1 gig is fine, so base it off that.).

Noj87

Jul 29, 2019
Depends on what all you will be doing, But I would say 1 Gig should work fine (I Normally play on a 3 Person Server, and that's with IC2 and its mods installed, a few quarry's running with a sorting system and whatnot, and 1 gig is fine, so base it off that.).

I play with 2 other people on a server with 512MB RAM and this works fine for us (except needing the odd restart every now and then to clear up MystCraft worlds). Maybe if Multiplay let you upgrade easily it would be best to start off low and upgrade if you have problems

Bracye

Jul 29, 2019
For now we just running the Magic World. When RP gets added to the mod packs we moving over to that pack. But its gonna be quarry's and tech stuff crazy. And we will never be more than 4/5 people. Like the friends idea more than having bunch of people fiddling around where they shouldnt.

Bracye

Jul 29, 2019
So went with Multiplay as the men wanted the server asap :) So far so good. Just missing the Magic World Mod now. The biggest bonus is the fact that we can connect to an South African server. No lag at all.

Skirty_007

Jul 29, 2019
We use Multiplay for ours, but we didn't use the "FTB" option, we just use a vanilla install and stick the mods in ourselves. We have the 1 Gig option (and it's also a 4 person server, although there are currently only 2 of us playing there). Sometimes if there's a lot going on the server restarts itself, it was fine until we started using FTB (we did have a 1.2.5 tekkit install a while back with forestry added that worked without the restarts). I reckon it needs more RAM really, but we are currently happy with the way it is right now, will pay more if we start getting problems.

Bracye

Jul 29, 2019
Skirty can you please tell me how to put the mods in. I tried it last night and I broke the server lol. I downloaded the Magic World Server files and dumped them in the vanilla install mods folder. Didnt work. Like I said the server hated me. So far the 1Gig is working great. But we will definitly upgrade when the more advance machines is being built.

Skirty_007

Jul 29, 2019
Skirty can you please tell me how to put the mods in. I tried it last night and I broke the server lol. I downloaded the Magic World Server files and dumped them in the vanilla install mods folder. Didnt work. Like I said the server hated me. So far the 1Gig is working great. But we will definitly upgrade when the more advance machines is being built.

Not sure why I missed this reply. Hope you have it fixed by now! If not, stop the server, upload the jar to the place they have their jar, delete their jar, and rename yours to the same as theirs was (otherwise their scripts won't be able to call it). Upload your mods to the "mods" folder and your configs to the "config" folder, start your server, and off you go!