FTB Release!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreossk

Jul 29, 2019
What is in that pack A? The website contains zero information about it and it seems they yet again talked for nothing this week and it's the only pack they'll release before Christmas if everything goes perfectly well.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
What is in that pack A? The website contains zero information about it and it seems they yet again talked for nothing this week and it's the only pack they'll release before Christmas if everything goes perfectly well.
Open your launcher and look at the list.
The beta pack has already been released, and many of us have been using it for weeks.

Alucard Nightroad

Jul 29, 2019
The Launcher tells you what is in the pack, and the beta A pack won't be updated at all. It is a beta pack slow has said this multiple times. There will be three packs released in the next 48 hours. Tech World, Magic World, Ultimate, Minecrack, and Direwolf20. No we don't have a list of what mods will be in what but those will be the packs released before Christmas.

Triquetra0

Jul 29, 2019
It is also the only one you can download as a server so that is why I chose to play it. If there was more diversity in what could be used as a server I would choose that. so far it is 1.4.2. I am waiting for the update to 1.4.6 for servers so that me and my friends can play on it. Good Work people in FTB development I can't wait for the next update.

Dreossk

Jul 29, 2019
Open your launcher and look at the list.
I don't have it. I don't see a point without Red Power, I don't want to waste time to ultimately have to restart the world. Anyway it seems that pack will not represent the new one.

There will be three packs released in the next 48 hours. Tech World, Magic World, Ultimate, Minecrack, and Direwolf20.
Where did they say that? As of today 2h ago, the news is that if everything goes well they will release one pack (no information on the content) at Christmas and by seeing how many times they announced a release when it was not true because of various problems I don't think "everything will go well". The last news on the website is from the 19 and twitter is full of links to some obscure german advertising website.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
I don't have it. I don't see a point without Red Power, I don't want to waste time to ultimately have to restart the world. Anyway it seems that pack will not represent the new one.
So is that why you're so grouchy with all of your posts? Holding out entirely until the ultimate pack is put together and released?
That seems like no fun at all, to each their own I guess. I've found the challenge of no RedPower and no EE to be quite refreshing. Each mod adds a different element to the game, and without the major ones I've been use to, it's almost like a brand new game.

As for the twitter part of things, I don't know what you're on about. https://twitter.com/FTB_Team
is the correct place to be getting FTB related information.

Dreossk

Jul 29, 2019
On this very forum, they said to go to SlowPoke's twitter, which is the one I'm talking about since it's the only one with news today. The only currently relevant thing on the FTB twitter is the google doc about the mods but it has no timestamp so we can't know if it's trustworthy.

jcol87

Jul 29, 2019

Downloading the launcher has nothing to do with starting a world or anything. It contains a list of all the packs currently available and updates them pretty much automatically.

Shadowquinn

Jul 29, 2019
Just wait till ID Resolve is done for 1.4.6 and make your own. I don't see why they just don't put the all the mods that ARE ready to go in to 1 pack and say here you go. That pack would be damn close to the beta pack we have been playing with (which is a good pack). Only ones from the beta pack that are not done are Mystcraft and NEI. Those don't need world gens, so adding them would be easy to add when they are ready.

I would like to get my hands on there rework of the ORE config.

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
Making a pack with such complex recipes without NEI is suicidal, as both the new and the older players would have to check wikis for every single recipe they need to do, and that is a pain to do.

Going to wikis and forums to understand how a machine works ans such can be good, but for recipes, it just makes people do only what they already know how to make.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
On this very forum, they said to go to SlowPoke's twitter, which is the one I'm talking about since it's the only one with news today. The only currently relevant thing on the FTB twitter is the google doc about the mods but it has no timestamp so we can't know if it's trustworthy.
You won't be happy with anything will you?
I'm sorry if you find what I'm about to say offensive, but someone has got to tell you this, publicly.
Be happy with what's available. It's been stated multiple times that this site, the twitter, the launcher/packs are a work in progress. They are not complete, they are not perfect. If all you plan on doing is complain that it isn't up to your standards, don't use it.
Or better yet, make your own, to your exact specifications.

The people who work on this site, on the launcher, on the modpacks, and on the mods have real jobs, real families and real lives. Other things get in the way of them giving you an absolutely perfect product. So wait like to rest of us, complaining isn't getting you anywhere.

I'll remind you and everyone, this is a free product, and a free service being brought to you.

And that google document? Yeah, that was created, and being edited by the people running this website. So I would say it's as credible and trustworthy as you can get.

Dreossk

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not saying the source is not trustworthy, I'm saying there is no timestamp of progress so we don't know if it's accurate. If you tell me they are updating it as soon as things get fixed, it's fine then, but it should be stated on the document to prevent situations like this and make everyone save their time. Pointing out the problems is important if it makes things change for the best.

Shadowquinn

Jul 29, 2019
Everything that is in beta plus RP2,Traincraft,Misc Perh, and a few others. Before you ask no he did not mention what is in dires otr the ulti pack

Status
Not open for further replies.