FTB Release!

Status
Not open for further replies.

iceDave

Jul 29, 2019
You forgot the launcher! Seriously, the FTB launcher looks a lot more...well, professional than Technic's. All in all, I'm enjoying FTB a ton more than Technic, only the best mods, without the (IMO) superfluous mods like MAtmos. Runs better, behaves more, and the only thing I can honestly say that I'm missing with this pack is RedPower and EE. Never realized how much I'd come to rely on that wondrous red alloy wire til I had to go back to standard dust, repeaters, and torches, lol.

(Also, Ender Chests are the handiest things I've ever used in the history of ever.)

That's all true. I used RedPower a bit before but not much because I didn't know much about redstone and stuff. Now i know much more about building stuff with redstone and i really look forward to get redpower again because i know the multiwire and the vertical wire ability...FTB is great and i think i will not go back to Bukkit and i will never play tekkit. I Played it one and there a to many mods and not a theme for the mods, thats what i think, its just heaps of mod thrown together. LONG life FTB :) horay...

Laguy

Jul 29, 2019
Well now that RP2 is out for 1.4.6 and the possibility of Elo releasing a 1.4.5 version (per her most recent tweet) I guess it will be interesting to see how things play out over the next few days. Guess we will just have to wait a little more to see what happens.

thaile4ever

Jul 29, 2019
Slowpoke announce yesterday that there's going to be an updated pack coming out Saturday that he's going to be live streaming.

Dreossk

Jul 29, 2019
Is it true that the guy from Thaumcraft is absent and it won't update for a few weeks? How can FTB be updated?

Bobbels

Jul 29, 2019
thaumcraft runs on 1.4.5 so it might not be needed to update at all.
ftb "standard" pack doesn't even include thaumcraft anyway.
from what i gather, only ultimate and magic pack will have it. and direwolf20 pack probably.

Dreossk

Jul 29, 2019
It doesn't need to be update to 1.4.6 for Saturday? How can it work then? As for the rest, like most people, I'm only interested in the ultimate pack and the rest is of no importance.

Laguy

Jul 29, 2019
Slowpoke announce yesterday that there's going to be an updated pack coming out Saturday that he's going to be live streaming.

That is true, however if you listen to the video he doesn't say which pack(s) will be updated. I think everyone just assumes he meant the Feed The Beast Pack A which has most of the mods but I really don't think that was the commitment he was making. That said, I do think it is possible he might release a 1.4.5 version of that pack since I think most of the mods in that pack have a 1.4.5 version. Particularly since Elo has said she has a 1.4.5 version but hasn't released it yet. Or maybe he will put out the previously discussed DW20 pack. Guess we will all just have to wait another day to find out.

Update: From the looks of things I think the release on Saturday is going to be on 1.4.6. There are really only a couple of mods (Railcraft and Mystcraft) not on 1.4.6 and I suspect those will have versions out before the day is over.

Barkaway

Jul 29, 2019
So, you're saying that Elo couldn't have been modding to the 1.4.6 previews? Couldn't that be a reason why we haven't gotten it yet?
No she was modding for 1.4.4/1.4.5.. 1.4.5 is basically a bug fixed update to 1.4.5 and so will 1.4.6 be, with a few changes but alot of bugs fixed..
That means that its easier to change the mods than for excample from 1.2.5 to 1.3

Laguy

Jul 29, 2019
Slowpoke just said in his livestream it will be 24-48 hours before they announce a release and what will be in the packs.

zhiv

Jul 29, 2019
Seems to me that we should just be lucky that they are offering a modpack that's developer supported and approved. Otherwise you'd have to do the modding yourself, and do an unofficial modpack for your server users. So if Slowpoke wants to say that the sky is purple and the air you breathe will cost you a million bucks per breath, than so be it. But until an "Official Announcement" is made on the main site, we'll just have to live with hearsay and half-truths. Agreed?

Personally, I can't wait for the modpack update. I really want to use RP2 for my insanely complicated nuke reactor and item sorting. But I'm also thankful that Slowpoke and his cohorts are willing to make a modpack for us to use and enjoy that will be updated and closer to the actual Minecraft release versions than the Tekkit/Technic packs which are still stuck at 1.2.5.

Dreossk

Jul 29, 2019
It was an official announcement on the main site but they removed it after the designated date. I like this tekkit successor and I can't wait to play it too but I wish they'd stop saying it's coming out when it's not, which they did like 3 or 4 times already.

Recon

Jul 29, 2019
I just spent some time with google looking up the latest versions of the mods and if they're released for 1.4.6 yet. Most of them are, and most of the ones which are not, probably would work with 1.4.6 anyway.

Here's the list I've got so far. All mods claim to be ready for 1.4.6 unless otherwise stated.

ChickenCodeCore 0.7.0.0
ChickenChunks 1.2.1.0
NEI 1.4.4.0
Forge IRC 0.1.14
Optifine Standard HD D7 (for MC 1.4.5)
Optifine Ultra HD A2
Rei's Minimap 3.2.06

Buildcraft 3.3.0
Computercraft 1.48
Equivalent Exchange 3 pre1d (for MC 1.4.5)
Forestry 1.6.4.1
Industrialcraft 2 1.112.170
Mystcraft 0.9.4.05 (for MC 1.4.4)
Railcraft 6.12.0.0
Redpower 2 PR6
Thaumcraft 3 3.0.1c
Twilight Forest 1.14.0

EnderStorage 1.3.1.0
ExtraBiomesXL 3.7.0a
Factorization 0.7.10
Forestry: Extra Bees 1.4.9.3
IC2 Advanced Machines 4.7a
IC2 Gravitation Suite 1.6
IC2 Nuclear Control 1.4.5
Inventory Tweaks (for MC 1.4.5)
Iron Chests 4.5.1.199
MFFS 2.2.8.2.x
Omnitools 2.2.3
Portal Gun (for MC 1.4.4)
Secret Rooms 4.1.1.158
Soul Shards 1.14
Steve's Carts 2 2.0.0.a40
Thermal Expansion 2.1.6
Wireless Redstone CBE 1.3.1.5 (for MC 1.4.5)
Compact Solar Panels 3.1.3.18 (for MC 1.4.5)

Still hoping for Krapht to update Logistics Pipes. News is extremely sporadic and difficult to tell what's happening there.

Sirbab

Jul 29, 2019
sorry about that I have been looking at it for the entire day waiting for it to be finished. Just thought I would make an account to post it on here.
Hahaha, No harm done :) and that's quite the enthusiasm, what pack do you play?

Triquetra0

Jul 29, 2019
I play "Feed The Beast Beta Pack A" because I play on a server which so far can only support that pack. I am waiting for the update so we can play on the new pack for our server.[DOUBLEPOST=1356239601][/DOUBLEPOST]I do know the owner of the server and it is 24/7 so once the new pack is out we will be starting a new map. If you wanted to join I could see if you could. After that I would give you the IP.

Status
Not open for further replies.