FTB NotJustAnotherSkyblock[v0.2]

h41fgod

Jul 29, 2019
News: Will be adding goals all day Friday!
So, I was looking for a Skyblock map that was using mods and allowed for absolutely 0 mining. Oh, and I wanted it to be HARD. There weren't any.

There is now.
NotJustAnotherSkyblock does those 3 things. The one I am uploading works with Direwolf20. It probably works with other modpacks, but when I transfered from my own mods to direwolf20, the copper turned into automatic crafting tables. I dont think any of the mods in there breaks the map. It is designed without a few mods in mind. A few might break it completely. It is still very much work in progress, but I thought I would share.

I only made one way to win. I made endless ways to fail. If you do the wrong thing, you will get stuck.

Rules:
1. NO MINING
2. Dont go to properly rendered nether.
3. No Mystcraft and no Twilight Forest.

Screenshots:
g9sn3Os,kqmK3Rt
g9sn3Os,kqmK3Rt
g9sn3Os.png

Home Sweet Home
kqmK3Rt.png

Silly desert

Mods used and considered nonbreaking:
Buildcraft
Computercraft
EE3
Forestry
IC2
Redpower
Thaumcraft
(Chemcraft?)

Goals (in progress):
  1. Craft iron stuff
  2. Go to the nether
  3. Craft diamond stuff
  4. Craft an enchanting table
  5. I like squids, make a pool large enough to fish and get squids
  6. Craft a portal gun (v0.2)
  7. Build a mass fabricator to get to endgame. (not available in v0.1? Add one (1) piece of lapis lazuli to enable or go to rendered nether and get it)
Endgame goals:
  1. Automate everything
  2. Build farms for all farmables.
  3. Make a bucket of paint of every color. (RP 2)
  4. Quantum Suits (IC 2)
  5. Go to properly rendered nether (Dont mine, or do, you should be able to make everything anyway)

Provided as is, feedback and desperate pleas for help appreciated. Please include what you used your given items on (spoilered for the benefit of others please) in any feedback, this will help immensely. I am currently working very actively on this.

Version 0.2 is out!
Download NotJustAnotherSkyblockv0.2-Direwolf20.rar
Changelog:
  • Added wither skeletons
  • Added a lapis lazuli so you can enter endgame.
  • Added 7 redstone
  • There is an end portal now. Dont use it.
This thread is a work in progress. Also, there is a Help section. Which I have not posted. Because I am mean. That will serve as the help section.

Reactions: Moezso

Dagarath

Jul 29, 2019
I really like this, I have failed a few times...that seems totally unheard of for a Skyblock map. Honestly, this is the first skyblock I am really interested in. I am considering doing an LP, as I have always wanted to do a minecraft LP, however nothing has really interested nor challenged me to this degree within minecraft.

Thank you for this, I can finally enjoy a skyblock map.

h41fgod

Jul 29, 2019
That is exactly what I wanted to hear. There will be a v0.2 out in a day or so, with a couple of new features, like an ender portal and a choice for the endgame (there might be, but I am afraid I did not have include enough resources for choice). Oh, and the post will be updated with a few goals.

h41fgod

Jul 29, 2019
Its just a few blocks floating in space, but there will be screenshots, maybe tomorrow. Working on a functional end... Since there is no spawned end portal, there is no spawned end. Which is bad (you are just stuck and have to die to get back).

Moezso

Jul 29, 2019
I really like this, I have failed a few times...that seems totally unheard of for a Skyblock map. Honestly, this is the first skyblock I am really interested in. I am considering doing an LP, as I have always wanted to do a minecraft LP, however nothing has really interested nor challenged me to this degree within minecraft.

Thank you for this, I can finally enjoy a skyblock map.
I would watch it, I like the map but I'm a FTB noob (a week or 2 playing) and not sure what to do next so a LP would be awesome. My progress so far is in the spoiler.
I've found the obsidian island(not sure what's in the chest since I don't have diamonds and don't wanna lose the obsidian)and the dirt/waterfall island. Oh and ofc the desert island and chest full of pocket crafting tables way under the spawn.
Any hints would be great, I'm not worried about spoilers, I call them hints when I'm stuck ;)

h41fgod

Jul 29, 2019
I would watch it, I like the map but I'm a FTB noob (a week or 2 playing) and not sure what to do next so a LP would be awesome. My progress so far is in the spoiler.
I've found the obsidian island(not sure what's in the chest since I don't have diamonds and don't wanna lose the obsidian)and the dirt/waterfall island. Oh and ofc the desert island and chest full of pocket crafting tables way under the spawn.
Any hints would be great, I'm not worried about spoilers, I call them hints when I'm stuck ;)
Urr, those are not supposed to be pocket crafting tables, they should be nikolite. Also, you need to reshape those blocks into a portal, it is doable with one or two redstone, check redpower. You need iron.

Moezso

Jul 29, 2019
Urr, those are not supposed to be pocket crafting tables, they should be nikolite. Also, you need to reshape those blocks into a portal, it is doable with one or two redstone, check redpower. You need iron.
OH! You dirty devil you.
The deception with the iron (I was assuming you weren't going to give me any, since the sign said as much:p) had me looking for a way to make it from something else, rather than be looking for the iron block way up in the air at the junction of the obsidian island and waterfall island. The minimap gave it away when I tried to wipe it off my monitor and realized it was a blip on the radar.
Anyhow, nice trick, lovin the map, it's not super clear what you're supposed to do next, and the resources are hidden well, both of which pose a thinking challenge. Well made.

h41fgod

Jul 29, 2019
OH! You dirty devil you.
The deception with the iron (I was assuming you weren't going to give me any, since the sign said as much:p) had me looking for a way to make it from something else, rather than be looking for the iron block way up in the air at the junction of the obsidian island and waterfall island. The minimap gave it away when I tried to wipe it off my monitor and realized it was a blip on the radar.
Anyhow, nice trick, lovin the map, it's not super clear what you're supposed to do next, and the resources are hidden well, both of which pose a thinking challenge. Well made.
Zombies, but good job finding that :D

Moezso

Jul 29, 2019
Zombies, but good job finding that :D
Need to make a place for mobs to spawn anyway, for Minium shards. Then once I figure out how to rearrange that obsidian, gold from the nether(pigman farm), Minium Stone. Then I got it made in the shade. ;)

powerjasper

Jul 29, 2019
first of all i love the map too bad for the bug of the portablecrafting table's i have only one question how can i get the netherportal cuz i don't have any diamond .

Moezso

Jul 29, 2019
first of all i love the map too bad for the bug of the portablecrafting table's i have only one question how can i get the netherportal cuz i don't have any diamond .
Heh, I'm working on figuring that out too. I think the pocket crafting tables is a item ID conflict or something, they are supposed to be Nikolite. I just used NEI to replace the tables with Nikolite.
I'm thinking a block-breaker from redpower 2, since we have the iron and redstone to craft one.

Stabpoke

Jul 29, 2019
I've been wanting a FTB skyblock for a long time, so, ALL THE YES!
A few of my friends and I started a series of it: Ep.1 Of mine here:
Anyway, so far it is so good, and I would like to add a suggestion or two:
Add hives. idc if you have them floating or not, but bee hives would be an excellent addition. And it will help with the lack of shards I believe.
Maybe in the twilight forest instead of leaving a block and small islands, maybe leave like one whole chunk, sitting there, and perhaps some of the floating towers. Idk, just a few suggestions.
Keep up the good work, and I look forward to continuing playing the map.

h41fgod

Jul 29, 2019
Need to go in literally seconds, but that is great! Mind if I feature the video in the OP? And bees, yes, there should be a way to get bees once you lift restrictions on going to other dimensions in endgame in 0.2. Definetly adding bees for 0.3.

Stabpoke

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, only if you really want to!
I recently got addicted to bees on regular ftb and I was a tad sad, but I plan on hopping dimensions after we complete the objectives.

powerjasper

Jul 29, 2019
so yeah i'm enyoing the map atm but i think it is still a bit limited in wath you can do it would be nice if there was some kind of bee island i would love that and if you get far with bees you can get epic kinds of bees to get stuff like copper diamond and that sort of stuff

h41fgod

Jul 29, 2019
so yeah i'm enyoing the map atm but i think it is still a bit limited in wath you can do it would be nice if there was some kind of bee island i would love that and if you get far with bees you can get epic kinds of bees to get stuff like copper diamond and that sort of stuff
You are extremely limited in when you can do it, not what. At least, that is what I am trying to do. And I had not looked at bees since they were implemented, that is awesome, and I will include bees somewhere. It might even be a viable alternative techpath to some of the current choices you have to make.