FTB Newsletter May 2016

Feed the Beast

Jul 29, 2019
FTB MODPACK NEWS

rpKrbUg.png

FTB Inventions

Testing and Development is nearly complete.

FTB Inventions: With most of our other 1.7.10 content, balance and extended progression are focus points when designing unique packs. However, these core concepts have been thrown out the window with FTB Inventions. This modpack is designed for the creatively styled builder, designer and ultimate factory builder. For the first time ever, resource gathering is eased by Equivalent Exchange, and the main focal point is building and large technology based mods. Want to make a spawn city come to life with friends or an over complicated factory mass producing most items in the pack? If so, then FTB Inventions is for you! --Inventors, dust off your wrenches and prepare to dive into a world where the sky is the limit
!

Once final stability testing is complete, this pack will be available on Curse and the FTB Launcher.

In the next few weeks, we shall begin the development of modded 1.9 packs, beginning with FTB Unstable 1.9 that will be available to the public. This will also be available on Curse or the FTB Launcher.

Visit www.feed-the-beast.com for all pack downloads and information.

FTB TEAM NEWS

It is our great pleasure to welcome Darkosto to our mod pack development team.

Darkosto is currently a full time streamer on Twitch (twitch.tv/Darkosto). Much of the stream is devoted to modpack development, giving viewers insight into the process of creating packs from inception to completion, and focusing on viewer interaction and input. Darkosto's modpacks are based upon unique concepts to give players a fresh experience in the Minecraft world. From adding realism with block physics to adding enemies with intelligent A.I., his packs promise a fresh perspective on the game. Dark enjoys playing hardcore style packs and adds a similar tone to many of the packs he develops.

Modpack Author and Developer of:
*Journey to the Core
*The Aftermath
*Revenge of the C-Team
*Dark Grid

Twitter: @DarkostoTV

COMMUNITY NEWS

FTB now has a Curse Server for our community. Come join in on the conversation.

https://curse.com/invite/qeyhP75FYEWkihyI1hgXUQ

FTB Live on Twitch!
Come join us for a live Townhall meeting on the 20th of May, where we will discuss the current development of FTB Packs.
Make sure to follow www.twitch.tv/officialfeedthebeast to find out when the channel goes live and follow @FTB_Team on twitter for all FTB updates.

PAX EAST

PAX East was incredible this year, and thanks to all of those who attended the panels in person and live on Twitch.
For those that have may have missed the panel, we had the pleasure of having both the panels on Twitch VODs for your viewing pleasure.

Making the Most of the Mods in Minecraft

https://www.twitch.tv/pax3/v/62344497

Modpacks in Minecraft

https://www.twitch.tv/pax2/v/62658150

MODPACK OF THE MONTH

InfiTech 2​

The Infitech brand is proud to bring you InfiTech 2, a highly customized, specialized and streamlined modpack for the dedicated and challenge-oriented Minecraft players.

InfiTech 2 centres primarily on Gregtech and Thaumcraft, with a vast number of tweaks and adjustments to recipes to alleviate exploits and create a truly balanced "GregTech" experience.

Assemble vast hoards of resources as you build factories and complicated infrastructure projects. Explore the solar system to attain rare resources as your technological advancements progress. Achieve the unbelievable and create Stargates linking your empire together.

All possibilities are within your grasp. Are you the sort of player who can overcome the challenges?

CONTENT CREATOR SPOTLIGHT

This month's feature broadcaster is Flamegoat. A member of the FTB Stream Team and a Forgecrafter, he puts on a very entertaining show on Twitch. Check out his VoD from the most recent Forgecraft server reset.

Like to register as an official FTB Content creator?
Fill out this form and let us know!
Click Here to Submit an Application

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
What are the advantages of FTB Inventions over another kitchen sink played in creative mode? Does it bring anything new to the table that would assist builders? Aside from Equivelant Exchange, how does Inventions separate itself from Infinity? Would it be possible to implement Inventions as a part of Infinity Evolved, as another game mode activated with a command (like expert mode)?

Last edited:

No one

Jul 29, 2019
Cool, can't wait to take a look at the new modpack and all the amazing factories and bases people will build in it :D

cpfuzzy

Feb 19, 2013
Wow, this is amazing someone prepare a whitelisted server and PM me I want to join and do this ASAP.

Also, is their a release date? since it looks to almost be done?

bigyihsuan

Jul 29, 2019
What are the advantages of FTB Inventions over another kitchen sink played in creative mode? Does it bring anything new to the table that would assist builders? Aside from Equivelant Exchange, how does Inventions separate itself from Infinity? Would it be possible to implement Inventions as a part of Infinity Evolved, as another game mode activated with a command (like expert mode)?
Kyryllk has compared Inventions to the modding scene inn 1.4.7. Do you remember the time where EE2 Power Flowers and Quantum Armor were commonplace? Do you remember when Buildcraft and RP2 were the mainstays of item transport?

I feel like that's what Inventions wants to be. A massive nostalgia trip back to when MJ and EU were the only power systems, EE2 was a mainstay in every pack, massive rail networks with Railcraft, frame machines, and other, old-timey things in the modding scene.

Proxy_Player

Jul 29, 2019
Big Factories?
*sniff* *sniff*
I Smell the newest Version of Immersive Engineering, Mekanism, AOBD...
and Magneticraft... i guess.

why does noone ever use Magneticraft? :/

CaptPanda

Nov 20, 2012
Britland
Sorry, where's the modlist for inventions? the link doesn't provide it.

Also EE3 or ProjectE? last I recall EE3 died a heavy WIP.

Finally, both IC2 and Techreborn are on 1.9, and as Techreborn is inspired by 1.4.7 gregtech, Why not make this a 1.9 pack? IC2 has its own item routing system now, and if that doesn't work for you, you could always use the old water on ice trick.

Also @Proxy_Player's right. No-one uses Magneticraft even though it has one of the most awesome item transport mechanics in a mod. dat factorio man

Reactions: RedBoss

Fortanono

Aug 25, 2015
Another newsletter, another month where Boundless Expanse isn't listed. :p

Sorry, was just a joke. Anyways, something I have noticed with your mod list (from FTB One streamers) is that the Quarry is gated, but Engineer's Toolbox is in the pack and the Husher isn't gated. Will anything be done about that? Because I feel that if you have enough time and patience to set up the Husher, you shouldn't need to get Titanium for it.

Finally, speaking of Engineer's Toolbox, does Chisel Limestone generate or does ET Limestone generate? Cause ET Limestone is a key resource, and I don't want to have to use auto-chisels to get it.

Proxy_Player

Jul 29, 2019
No-one uses Magneticraft even though it has one of the most awesome item transport mechanics in a mod. dat factorio man
Yea, the Belt works better than IE's one. and the Inserters are just Awesome.
Oil is a bit hard to get in this Mod (which can be forced to use with Minetweakers), the x5 Ore Processing (AOBD Compatible) and the Multiblocks are very cool too for a WIP mod.
only downsides:
i couldn't get the mod's Ores to Spawn.
and i'm wondering when we can Research Trains, Logistics 2, Automation 2, Automated Construction, ... (you get the point, i want a Elite Smelting Factory with Productivity Modules xD)
put it in a Spoiler, cuz it's "long"
eitherway, when there's a Pack for Big Factories and Autmation, certain mods just MUST be in it.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Kyryllk has compared Inventions to the modding scene inn 1.4.7. Do you remember the time where EE2 Power Flowers and Quantum Armor were commonplace? Do you remember when Buildcraft and RP2 were the mainstays of item transport?

I feel like that's what Inventions wants to be. A massive nostalgia trip back to when MJ and EU were the only power systems, EE2 was a mainstay in every pack, massive rail networks with Railcraft, frame machines, and other, old-timey things in the modding scene.
Based off of what I've seen in the videos, aside from EE3 and some tweaks to the Quarry recipe and Applied Energistics, it's basically Infinity. No emphasis on rail networks or frame machines - it's Infinity with easier access to items. If anything, it's more like Big Dig than Ultimate. Keep in mind that FTB has already tried to reboot Ultimate (the 1.4.7 pack) with Resurrection, a modpack so forgotten that it isn't even mentioned on the main FTB website. From what I can tell, this is more of a pack designed so that builders can have an easier time building with access to unlimited items, hence why I asked those questions. None of which you really answered tho :p.

If actually interested in rebooting Ultimate again though, I recommend looking at TechReborn, which brings back the IC2 and Gregtech we remember from those times.

Reactions: RedBoss

Baconus_Yum

Jul 29, 2019
Do you know what, then almost never have mekanism in their packs. I wonder why, it is a really good mod.

Fortanono

Aug 25, 2015
Just a heads up: Advanced Alloy turbines and turbine blades are not craftable with IC2 Classic, likely due to the item IDs or something. You should probably fix that.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I don't get it.
Is it supposed to be a building focused pack, to replace going creative(hence EE)?
Or is it supposed to be a survival building focused pack that is supposed to encourage you to be the "ultimate factory builder"(then why EE..)?

And from personal experience when spending a lot of time building in survival, resources are almost never a problem. Even the slowest, most inefficient resource gathering device(quarry, MFR laser drill, orechid, sludge boiler, whatever) will have you bursting with materials. Due to this I have started going for packs with higher difficulties(recipes etc.) and scaled back considerably on my resource gathering efforts.

Could have seen several cool things that could have been done instead to make a building pack better:
  • Easier and earlier access to "building friendly" tools(quests introducing them?),
  • Quests introducing people to the different building materials of various mods(Chisel, Ztones etc. are obvious, but so many other mods adds a few blocks here and there).
  • Giving certain really useful items out as rewards for something special: reward stuff like the Super Builders wand, BC builder etc. for finishing quests.
  • Pam's Clay spawn. Just add it in every pack..

Last edited:

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Fox talks to TheonlyBentley about this pack in his E:0 if you would like a little more info you should check his video on Youtube.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
for me the questions have been going around are Why are we skipping 1.8? rofl