FTB News - May 8th, 2015

B

Big Bad

Ahem! Sorry for the wait.

CURSE VOICE FOR OSX:

This week saw the release of the early Apha version of Curse Voice for OSX. This public build contains the core Voice functionality such as messaging and VoIP communication, with the Minecraft plugin to be released at a later date.

You can download Voice from the Curse Voice forums located here. As this is an early Alpha, please also be sure to report any bugs or issues you find through the appropriate venue.​

PACK UPDATES:

Last week’s builds for Infinity and Direwolf20 1.7.10 have been cleared and moved to Recommended. On the FTB Launcher, you can grab versions 1.5.1 for Infinity and 1.3.1 for Direwolf20 1.7.10 under the Recommended tab. The pack updates are also available on Curse Voice.

Trident will be getting the update treatment this Monday.​

THIRD PARTY PACKS:

We’re pleased to announce that Hubris, a magic-themed HQM modpack from DrasticDemise, is now on our Launcher under the 3rd Party Packs tab. The pack features expansive dungeons, scaling difficulty, and over 270 different quests.

You can read more about DrasticDemise’s pack on his forum thread.​

JAMPACKED II:

Hey, Jammers! We’ll be releasing a second news post this weekend with submission and judging details. Be sure to keep your eyes open for important information!​

NEXT WEEK’S NEWS:

Much like this week, next week’s news will be slightly delayed.​

Last edited by a moderator:

Aegaea

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any word on when we will be getting the new moderators? When I have to wait nearly a week for my post to be validated by one of them, I think it's a sign that we're in dire need of some more :p

B

Big Bad

Is there any word on when we will be getting the new moderators? When I have to wait nearly a week for my post to be validated by one of them, I think it's a sign that we're in dire need of some more :p

We're really close to getting them settled in and announced. We're simultaneously going over rule changes + training which has taken some extra time to do personal commitments from a whole slew of the core team.

Aegaea

Jul 29, 2019
We're really close to getting them settled in and announced. We're simultaneously going over rule changes + training which has taken some extra time to do personal commitments from a whole slew of the core team.
That's brilliant to hear! I'm sure the community as a whole will be delighted when they are announced.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
When will the cursevoice service be available for GNU/Linux users?

They haven't yet decided if there are enough users of that OS to support it, although it might be possible to modify the Mac client (OSX is based on BSD Unix) to Linux (which is based on AT&T Unix)

Assuming you could get Source Code, of course.