FTB News - March 27th, 2015

d3w10n

Oct 9, 2014
OMFG new energy conduicts and ducts, Solar panels now output properly, mine factory farms are now easier to manage, there is a nice set of furniture... I love this pack :D

BTW anyone know how to enable glider from extra utilities from FTBL2? kinda miss a semi-fast travel option, even tho it used to brake my server if I travel too much (guess that's why its been removed).

RainbowCupcake

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe with the new packs released I can finally convince my brother to try mods again. I personally can't wait for Horizons 1.7.10, I always love discovering new mods. :)

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Resurrection is sort of frozen right now. Due to the overhaul of GregTech, we would need to remake the pack from the ground-up, and we don't have the time nor much of a reason to do so.

As for Dark Trilogy - I am now maintaining it. I'll have an update ready sometime in the next few weeks.

Thank you for the update on the status of Resurrection. That gives me a few directions I want to explore, but know this: I still would like to see a functional pack with GregTech in it, so when you do finally get around to overhauling Resurrection, be sure to announce it.

I thought it might have been possible to simply have fixed the minor issue with GregTech ores being breakable with a wooden pickaxe, and whatever other bugs you guys had fixes for but it would appear not to be the case. Pack maintenance and creation must be very complicated for you guys, hope you get it all together properly for the next time you update Resurrection! ;)

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
& don't forget all the Jam Packed 2 entrants, judging from the bits & bobs of info I scraped up, some are going to be right up there with the big boys, I for one wish all the entrants good luck & a big thank you for all the work you guys are doing, 3rd party mod pack makers are the unsung heroes of FTB.

Reactions: Padfoote

HangingLotus

Jul 29, 2019
I think i found a problem with the curse launcher. Upon updating the dw20 pack it was downgraded from 1.1.1 to 1.1.0 instead of updating to 1.2.1. deleting and reinstalling the pack fixes the error.

Endless Bladez

Jul 29, 2019
Here we go again! Bit a slow week in terms of news, eh? Rest assured, we’re all still running around hectically prepping new content for you guys. We’ve just got a lot of things running in the background that we can’t announce juuuuuust yet.

...Can I announce that? Does that count? Did I accidently just make an announcement by announcing that we’ve got secret future announcements? Uhhhh….

PACK UPDATES

This week saw the update of four FTB packs: Infinity 1.3.4, Lite3 1.1.0, Mage Quest 1.1.1, and Direwolf20 1.7 1.2.1. All four updates are currently available as non-recommended downloads on the FTB Launcher as well as Curse Voice.

Assuming no critical bugs are found, these four packs will be pushed to recommended builds later next week.​

FUTURE PACKS

Couple updates on this front.​

First off, Trident has entered closed beta testing. Updates and initial test runs have gone smoothly and the pack is on schedule for a mid-April release. Be on the the lookout for more news over the coming weeks.

Secondly, we’re now working out the release schedule for our previously announced packs Departed and Relentless. We’re hoping for a steady stream of releases over the coming months.

Oh, and speaking of releases, we’ve got another pack announcement to make. A sequel to one of our surprise-hit packs has just recently been cleared for development. That’s right - Horizons2 - 1.7.10 is now in active development. Again, be on the lookout for more information in the coming weeks.​

And that's that! See you all next week!

are any of the new packs going to have ars magica 2

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
are any of the new packs going to have ars magica 2

Ars Magica 2 lost support before the current DW20 pack was released and was cited as the reason it's not included...

Having said that I saw a tweet last week indicating that a new maintainer had been found. It may be a while but there's hope.

Feed the beast 122

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm so I think "ftb trident" might to have flans mods/content packs in it. Looks like fun also anyone know if AG skies 2 and MF3 will ever come to the ftb launcher? (reason I run packs better on my computer if they come from the ftb launcher better than curse voice)

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Hmm so I think "ftb trident" might to have flans mods/content packs in it. Looks like fun also anyone know if AG skies 2 and MF3 will ever come to the ftb launcher? (reason I run packs better on my computer if they come from the ftb launcher better than curse voice)

It depends on how long the FtB launcher remains a viable option... Remember, FtB will be shut down at some point after the Curse Client is finalized and approved.

If AG2 and MF3 take too long to be completed I don't think it'd be worth the effort to bring them to FtB.