FTB News | Dec 28th 2015

Feed the Beast

Jul 29, 2019
First and foremost, Happy Holidays from the FTB Team!

Infinity Evolved 2.3.0 Beta is now live! Changelogs & Server Files

FTB Presents Direwolf20 1.10.0 Beta is now live! Changelogs & Server Files

As of this time we are locking all 1.7.10 modpacks with the exception of Infinity Evolved. We will push hotfixes for major crashes or major mod updates as we see needed for the locked 1.7.10 packs if they arise. With the majority of the community actively updating their content to 1.8.x initial work has begun on new FTB modpacks. As soon as we have enough stable content for 1.8.x we will begin the process of building and testing our first set of modpacks.

As of this time we plan to have Infinity 1.8 be one of our first modpacks in 1.8.x, and we already have plans to expand on the hugely successful “Expert Mode” within a couple months of the initial public release of Infinity 1.8.

-FTB Team

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Wouldn't it be possible to name the Direwolf20 packs in some way to indicate which MC version they are for?

Fortanono

Aug 25, 2015
So, Infinity 1.8(.8?) seems like a good time to put new mods in your packs that you haven't really used. Mainly thinking of the fact the Project E dev has updated Aura Cascade to 1.8.8. I reckon that Angel's Steel production could be a fun hurdle, and it can be easily used to add complexity to recipes without having to have a 9x9 crafting grid (different degrees). And worldgen mods are plentiful in 1.8, so maybe have something, y'know, other than BoP? (been fighting this battle for a while, there's no better time than now xD)

iTube

Jul 29, 2019
I would love to see the Realistic World Gen mod from ted80 because it looks so amazing also in combination with the Biomes 'O Plenty biomes.
And if we are at wishes for the new 1.8 infinity pack ;) I would love to see Ars Magica.

Guys keep up the great work!

Reactions: SnowShock35

SnowShock35

FTB Pack Developer
Feb 27, 2014
United Kingdom
snowshock35.com
Are you ever gona add Flans , I want the pack to have terorists so you can kilkl them ...
There are multiple packs on the Feed the Beast Launcher with flans in them (Look under the third party list as well - I'm sure there are a few out there ;) ) However, flans will never be added to Infinity due to the nature of the mod and the a many issues it causes it's far too unstable for a pack like infinity

SnowShock35

FTB Pack Developer
Feb 27, 2014
United Kingdom
snowshock35.com
I would love to see the Realistic World Gen mod from ted80 because it looks so amazing also in combination with the Biomes 'O Plenty biomes.
And if we are at wishes for the new 1.8 infinity pack ;) I would love to see Ars Magica.

Guys keep up the great work!
As I strongly agree with you on adding RWG to a pack due to the author being MIA it's very difficult to do so (Especially since it's in early alpha). As for Ars Magica I've not the faintest idea at this point. Not even sure if it is 1.8.9 yet or whether it will be or not :)

SnowShock35

FTB Pack Developer
Feb 27, 2014
United Kingdom
snowshock35.com
Wouldn't it be possible to name the Direwolf20 packs in some way to indicate which MC version they are for?
All of the current Direwolf20 pack versions have a pack no (Besides 1.7 although it's a different title name altogether so pretty obvious)
3ado2zz.png

Jayrey

Jul 29, 2019
Any idea when this months modpack of the month will be added? I don't really like bees so have been eagerly awaiting a new one!

Reactions: Bluedog444

Fortanono

Aug 25, 2015
As I strongly agree with you on adding RWG to a pack due to the author being MIA it's very difficult to do so (Especially since it's in early alpha). As for Ars Magica I've not the faintest idea at this point. Not even sure if it is 1.8.9 yet or whether it will be or not :)
There is a fork called Realistic Terrain Gen which is much better and compatible with many other biome mods. It also enhances vanilla biomes instead of creating things with names like "rwg.temperateForest", etc.

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
Any idea when this months modpack of the month will be added? I don't really like bees so have been eagerly awaiting a new one!
It's looking like it's going to slide back to next month.

SnowShock35

FTB Pack Developer
Feb 27, 2014
United Kingdom
snowshock35.com
There is a fork called Realistic Terrain Gen which is much better and compatible with many other biome mods. It also enhances vanilla biomes instead of creating things with names like "rwg.temperateForest", etc.
Yeah I saw this and it looked very interesting but, some of the climate mappings were a bit off in this via my testing (Which might not have been very accurate, just what I had gathered). With all that aside, best to see what is to come for 1.8.X ;)