FTB News - April 17th, 2015

B

Big Bad

Hello hello hello! Big week for FTB, so let’s get started!

TRIDENT

imWrFCF.png
Our newest pack Trident was released this week. Following the aftermath of an impact that left a large portion of the world scorched, Trident tasks players to choose an alliance and establish military and technological superiority over the other teams. This modpack focuses heavily on PVP combat and is geared towards small-to-middle-sized servers. It is currently available on Curse Voice as well as the FTB Launcher.

To learn more about Trident, click here to view Trident's press release.

Additionally, we hosted a stream over on our Twitch account to celebrate the pack’s release and answer a few questions. For those who were unable to attend, we uploaded the recording to our official Youtube account.

You can watch the stream here:​

SERVER SECTIONS

With the release of Trident, we decided to revamp our server promotion section. To quote the Trident’s press release:

Using the new tab on our menu, users can create public listing servers. Users looking for servers will be able to easily tag, search through, and view reviews for these listings as well.

The current subforum system will be phased out and repurposed soon. For now, the creation of new topics has been disabled.

We hope this new system provides a more adequate experience for both players and server owners.​

TRIDENT MERCH

oYVz5sZ.png

New Trident-themed merchandise has been added to our storefront! Be sure to check them out.​

MISC STUFF

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that we’re still working on new forum moderators as well as the FTB Content program. Didn’t want everyone to think we forgot about ‘em! Be on the lookout for more information soon.​

Last edited by a moderator:

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Sorry, but what's this FTB content program?
CONTENT CREATORS INITIATIVE

It's no surprise that there is no shortage of passionate FTB users who take the time to share their builds, record videos, create streams, and help populate the Internet with some amazing things.

As part of our efforts to show our appreciation for the staggering amount of love and effort people put into FTB and its packs, we’re going to start rolling out a new initiative aimed at content creators. Our goal is to create a system in which we can promote, share, and provide resources for user-made content.

A fair amount of the groundwork for this program, named FTB Creators, has already been completed. Look forward for more information, as well as the official launch of this system, within the next few weeks.

Reactions: the_j485

Smug Apple

Jul 29, 2019
It was on Curse Voice within minutes of being available on the FTB Launcher :)

Interestingly, it took a full 24 houses to show up on my client after release. I restarted my computer twice and still didn't appear until much later.

Perhaps an issue cause I am in Australia or na?

ThunderNetwork

Jul 29, 2019
Really quick question, Whats the mod disabling the name tags? Because with my servers teaming system its kind of crucial that you dont team kill and factions etc doesnt protect you from guns etc because they are modded.

RileyBugz

Jul 29, 2019
They need to put in the custom NPC's mod in Trident. This can make it so you can make armies, or have fun in single player.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Really quick question, Whats the mod disabling the name tags? Because with my servers teaming system its kind of crucial that you dont team kill and factions etc doesnt protect you from guns etc because they are modded.
There's no nameplates so you can actually sneak up on an enemy, or watch them in the shadows without your nameplate giving you away.

They need to put in the custom NPC's mod in Trident. This can make it so you can make armies, or have fun in single player.
The point of trident isn't fighting off massive waves of enemies, it's about advancing technology, arms races, PVP. With an army at your side, it sort of negates the PVP aspect and makes it about surviving an army of NPCs.

ThunderNetwork

Jul 29, 2019
There's no nameplates so you can actually sneak up on an enemy, or watch them in the shadows without your nameplate giving you away.
Yes is get why but i don't like it... with huge teams spread out across the map you are just as likely to kill a team member as an enemy..

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Perhaps have another mod which, I don't know, makes a red or blue little tag on their back - or heck maybe there's a way to do that with a mod.

GreenEyedEnderman

Jul 29, 2019
I have a real problem I can't shoot guns because I use mac so when I remap the use item key it still doesn't work. Can you guys use another gun mod since you still have mcheli.