FTB News 25/01/2015

Feoix

Jul 29, 2019
But when i click Tech Support it says that the link is broken or private?

Edit: Never mind i found it

pAznik

Jul 29, 2019
Are there any news about FTB Mage Quest pack?Now it's about, half a year since it was ''released'', but it seems that there is no progress.For me, this is frustrating, because I don't have anything to play.I almost stopped playing minecraft,because there is no pack that would impressed me. Ok, i play 3rd party Ultimate Quest pack for a week, but It's disappeared from launcher, so again there is nothing for me to play. So any news about MageQuest or there will be new pack which will have HQM and will be different from those that are currently on launcher?

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Are there any news about FTB Mage Quest pack?Now it's about, half a year since it was ''released'', but it seems that there is no progress.For me, this is frustrating, because I don't have anything to play.I almost stopped playing minecraft,because there is no pack that would impressed me. Ok, i play 3rd party Ultimate Quest pack for a week, but It's disappeared from launcher, so again there is nothing for me to play. So any news about MageQuest or there will be new pack which will have HQM and will be different from those that are currently on launcher?
You're asking for an ETA on an FTB pack. Which means that the pack dev, Jadedcat, won't answer your question.
But she has been extremely busy recently, so I cannot make any comment on how much I would assume she has done because she could have done anything from change one recipe to remake the whole pack, only she knows really.

However, if you give me some ideas on what sort of pack you want to play, I can direct you to one of the many great 3rd Party Packs :)

pAznik

Jul 29, 2019
However, if you give me some ideas on what sort of pack you want to play, I can direct you to one of the many great 3rd Party Packs :)
Well I would like to play 1.7 pack,where i would start in normal world, with quests, and i wouldn't be forced to use TC tools. :)

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Well I would like to play 1.7 pack,where i would start in normal world, with quests, and i wouldn't be forced to use TC tools. :)
Tinkers' Tools?
Erm, PhoenixReborn is the first thing that comes to mind, but it only has limited biomes. And the "quests" are more of a guide on how to progress, as progression is turned on its head.

Other than that, I would need a little more info like "tech focused/magic focused", "no IC2", etc.

pAznik

Jul 29, 2019
I looked quickly at PhoenixReborn,and it changed too much stuff for my taste. As far as Tech/Magic goes i like both. I think that perfect pack for me would be AgrarianSkies but on a normal world :D

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I looked quickly at PhoenixReborn,and it changed too much stuff for my taste. As far as Tech/Magic goes i like both. I think that perfect pack for me would be AgrarianSkies but on a normal world :D
Then have a look into Let it End ;) (this is a very shame-filled plug)
It's made to be a skyblock pack, but in the configs you can disable void generation (it's in ExNihilo.cfg, at the bottom of it), and you CAN play it as a vanilla world-pack, although the lore and food shortage crisis makes no sense. Also, the first quest line is sort of obsolete, but that doesn't matter :p
I modeled LiE on AgSkies and Running Red when I started out, but it changed a lot since then :)

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
There's a non-recommended version of Mage Quest on the launcher. It has the base quests in place.

Development on Mage Quest quests are continuing, thanks to the fabulous Literary Team.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I have option for recommended and 1.0.0 to 1.0.4
On the dropdown menu, whatever is at the top is the most recent version, non-recommended will be there too. So the recommended is what it says in the sidebar (where you choose the pack), and whatever is above that is "developmental"/non-recommended