[FTB Monster] What are all the ways of spawning mobs without a player nearby?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lirannl

Jul 29, 2019
I'm looking into ways of generating mob essence, without having to be near a spawner, I know that cursed earth does that in the most recent update to extrautilities but I play the monster pack 1.0.9.
(Of course that I am able to chunkload in order to do this)

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure you can really do that unless you use Cursed Earth or Safari Nets.
No offence, but I wish there was a "General Questions" section these questions could all go in.
Would make a forum-browser's life so much easier.

Steel

Jul 29, 2019

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
I would reccomend manually updating extra utilities.
I wouldn't. You never know what could happen. (ie. world corruption, ID conflicts, log errors, bugs and glitches etc.)
Unless it is a private pack let the FTB Team test it and update the pack.

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
I think a FAQ would be more suitable.
Hardly, people asking questions is the whole idea of a community that helps one another.
And it would have to be one world-long list to answer everybody's question.
Also, it is grammatically correct to use "an" instead on "a" in your statement.

Last edited:
Reactions: ryhamz

Lirannl

Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing on a server. I can't update mods manually, otherwise I'd add mekanism and galacticraft :p

Niels Henriksen

Jul 29, 2019
Go after Essence Berry and use an Autonomous Activator with Vacuum Hopper. Then you will get the MFR Mob Essence.

Lirannl

Jul 29, 2019
No. That creates the openBlocks liquid XP. I have already built that system and it's very simple.
Oh, and I did try running the liquid XP into a unifier to make it into mob essence, no luck :/

Niels Henriksen

Jul 29, 2019
No. That creates the openBlocks liquid XP. I have already built that system and it's very simple.
Oh, and I didn't try running the liquid XP into a unifier to make it into mob essence, no luck :/

Ah I forgot even more: Use the XP Bottler from OpenBlocks to make bottle'o enchanting. Put them in an Autonomous Activator that will throw them on a MFR Sewer. Then you will get the MRF XP

Reactions: PierceSG

Lirannl

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, I didn't know that! in that case I can just use the xp orbs from the essence berries directly (yes, they do drop XP orbs, only that normally they're instantly consumed by the player).
Thanks a ton!

Racemol

Jul 29, 2019
Exactly, just use an autonomous activator and a sewer to pickup the XP orbs to convert them to essence. No need to use bottlers and bottles 'o enchanting.

Niels Henriksen

Jul 29, 2019
And if you are standing next to the setup you will also get xp from them.

Attachments

• xp.png
    xp.png
    178.6 KB · Views: 132

Lirannl

Jul 29, 2019
Mac, this method works only if a player is close enough, mobs won't naturally spawn without any player nearby, but Niel's method would work
And then I can feed that into auto spawners to get exactly the mobs I want (wither skellies and ghasts) and those do spawn mobs even if no player is nearby (as long as theyr'e chunkloaded)

Niels Henriksen

Jul 29, 2019
with a mfr breeder, and the Machine to love children and mobgrinder you can use cows. You just need to feed the breeder with wheat. The cows Will breed and the children Will Be moved. When the children grows they Will Be billed by the grinder. That has given ME tons of steak and leather and min essence.

Status
Not open for further replies.