[FTB Monster] What are all the ways of spawning mobs without a player nearby?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lirannl

Jul 29, 2019
I might do something similar - but using AM2, it's much more compact and completely free - no power, or wheat required. As for mob essence I'm just gonna go for the sewer method. I can handle that much much better.

Racemol

Jul 29, 2019
And then I can feed that into auto spawners to get exactly the mobs I want (wither skellies and ghasts) and those do spawn mobs even if no player is nearby (as long as theyr'e chunkloaded)

The bolded part is - to my knowledge and testing - not really true. While they do spawn mobs when nobody is around, Minecraft mechanics will just despawn the mobs again because no player is in range (unless the whole dimension is empty, no players at all). Thus wasting mob essence. Or is there a special trick these days?

Reactions: RealSketch

TrJace

Jul 29, 2019
Realsketch... You are quite dramatic. Back on topic though. A snow man farm is also an easy solution. There is a guide here on the forums somewhere.

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Realsketch... You are quite dramatic. Back on topic though. A snow man farm is also an easy solution. There is a guide here on the forums somewhere.
Thank you, I agree I am dramatic, but only to make sure things are secure and under control.
Then again, I don't like time wasters, now, before I say any more rude things about Dante, lets go back on topic. :)
May I also state that no-one is perfect...

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Its normal NOT to correct peoole on a forum because we dont all have english As primary language. Please stay on topic.
Okay, I shall remain on topic, and ignore the disgusting grammar I see sometimes on these forums.
You do realize I literally cannot stand un-evency, childishness and incorrect grammar without correcting it?

DanteGalileo

Jul 29, 2019
I shan't waste my time dealing with any more I-wanna-a-fight dummies.

<--But I shall show you my "Active Member" title, thus, I am signalling I have more experience on forums, so you can't talk about forum browsing.
Please note, I shall not be responding to anymore of your stupid comments, go somewhere else if you want to troll!
For other kind and Normal users, please back me up so we don't get any more of this silly behaviour. ;)

Good stuff. You're now the first person here on my Follow list. Cheap entertainment.

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if Monster still doesn't have Dartcraft (it probably doesn't), but that mod's most recent update added the admittedly OP time torches, which can (among plenty of other things) make vanilla spawners spawn things more quickly and without the need of anyone being close to them. Said mod also lets you craft your own vanilla spawners for most mobs as well.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Same for you, this is literally gold! :)
I can't believe we broke you so bad. Like three weeks ago you were a new member who got corrected once or twice, now you're the grammar and punctuation Nazi you hated.

And as a reminder... Post Count and Like Count rarely account for much. I'm well-known and still am an idiot at times. You seem awfully eager to correct people and yet a few weeks back you hated it when people corrected you.
I don't know if Monster still doesn't have Dartcraft (it probably doesn't), but that mod's most recent update added the admittedly OP time torches, which can (among plenty of other things) make vanilla spawners spawn things more quickly and without the need of anyone being close to them. Said mod also lets you craft your own vanilla spawners for most mobs as well.
DartCraft is totally not OP! Time torches... eh, borderline high power. They can be disabled as a reminder for you server peeps.

I prefer the more fun use for time torches; building a staircase by throwing blocks out of my pockets.

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019

Rotarycraft gives you a way to harvest vanilla spawners and control them for mob farms. You can turn them on and off as well as up to an obscene spawn rate. I have never seen anything spawn so fast, not even the old soul shards. You don't have to worry about if they spawn when you are around. You can run them for 5-10 mins while you are around and have all the mob drops you would ever need.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Rotarycraft gives you a way to harvest vanilla spawners and control them for mob farms. You can turn them on and off as well as up to an obscene spawn rate. I have never seen anything spawn so fast, not even the old soul shards. You don't have to worry about if they spawn when you are around. You can run them for 5-10 mins while you are around and have all the mob drops you would ever need.
This guy knows his shit.

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
This guy knows his shit.
Lol. Not really. Just have been digging around for info on Rotarycraft since it hit Monster. I love tech mods and all the working mechanical parts of the mod intrigued me. I stumbled across this video from Reika. It shows what you can do with Rotarycraft. He has a mob farm setup and you can see how fast it is. Here's the link if anyone is interested.
I think it is more middle to end of it, but don't remember. The whole thing is worth checking out though if you want to play with the mod. I got a few pointers from it.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Four gasoline engines -> CVT(speed) -> 16:1 gearbox(speed) -> 16:1 gearbox(speed) -> mob spawner controller = A LOT of mobs.

I ran that setup for an hour, months ago. I still have a DSU with more blaze rods than I'll ever use.

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
I can't believe we broke you so bad. Like three weeks ago you were a new member who got corrected once or twice, now you're the grammar and punctuation Nazi you hated.

And as a reminder... Post Count and Like Count rarely account for much. I'm well-known and still am an idiot at times. You seem awfully eager to correct people and yet a few weeks back you hated it when people corrected you.
I know, I know. We can all be an idiot at times, me maybe more than others.
Could be because I'm eager to help but control the forums, please push me down nicely when I do that.
I don't think I should continue my correcting system any longer, this decision will only be put forward if everyone else doe the same. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.