Problem FTB Monster Server Issues

yukisho

Jul 29, 2019
Alright this may be long and I'll try not to rant as much as possible.

So we recently purchased hosting through fluctis hosting with their 6gb package. As much information as I could get the server is running with the 6gb of RAM and the CPU is a E3-1230 V2. Now when we started the server up for the first time everything was fine. We had about 6 people on it and everyone ventured out on their own. Now let's speed the clock up about 8 hours. We've set the server up to run automatic restarts every 3 hours to help curb with any lag or issues. Only problem is the server is lagging like hell, and it is using 100% of the CPU and only 2gb of RAM. I check the chunks first and with 7 people now there are only roughly 3000 chunks loaded, which seems about right for the amount of players. The tick rate is good around 50-70. And no one has any advanced machines up yet, we are fiddling around with getting our bases looking pretty, don't even have iron furnaces yet. So I jump on over to support to ask them what the issue may be and if they can look into it further as there aren't even any errors in the console. After giving some information to them I am greeted with the response that it is our pc's problems and we have to figure it out. Well that can't be right, how would all 7 of our pc's be causing the lag on the server? Well it wouldn't. I try and convey this to support but am told that it's not their problem and I have to figure it out and that support doesn't diagnose or fix problems. What? What is support for then? So all in all, their support was not willing to help at all as you can tell from the conversation we had with them. Stephen is the support guy and I am Spencer to clarify it better.

So I am here to ask you guys, my fellow server owners and people who actually understand how a server works, what may be the problem? We switched maps 3 times all with the same problem. We even switched mod packs, still same results. We are looking for a new host since fluctis refuses to refund us within the 5 days as per their refund policy, what are your guys suggestion for a 10-15 player ftb monster server?

Connor Gavitt

Jul 29, 2019
Several things can be done.

1. Get a new image so I can read it it is too blurry but this doesn't matter much Id just like to read it.

2. Try opis do /opis_start then /opis_te to find the laggy areas and /opis_help is a good one too opis will send you to whatever is causing the lag.

3. What kind of server do you have? Game server, or VPS?

4. Post your server.log AND your forgelog-0.log on pastebin.com and post the URL here.

I'll know more after I see the logs, also what version of monster is this?

As a fun fact a VPS is way way way better then a game server, a VPS is dedicated CPU resources. Ex 1-2 cores are only usable by that one VPS as game servers are shared. A asshat in another server could be lagging it super bad it it may be maxing at the CPU causing you to lag. Which can happen if there are more then 4 servers hosted on that E3.

yukisho

Jul 29, 2019
Fluctis does not offer VPS hosting so I would imagine it is a game server. Here is the Server Log. As for the image, click on it, it will enlarge.

Redruzerkruzer

Jul 29, 2019
Ouch... That support conversation makes me sad. Can't believe people pay money for unprofessional support and services. As for the CPU issue, it sounds like you should not be having any issues with a new map, or any issues at all.

As for your host, just dump them. It is not worth the money nor the effort. If you do not mind buying a dedicated server, here is my review of my host (And others). http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/server-hosts-a-host-review.43340/

This is not a minecraft hosting company though, so support will not be able to help you very much in terms of how minecraft works. But their services and the server itself is amazing. Anything relating to their services are dealt with, and support tickets are listened to. If you are having issues with their CPU (Which you wont, but if you did) they will do everything they can to look into it. They make sure you stay happy. Best host IMHO

yukisho

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah we are definitely dropping them. Since they refuse to do a refund we are simply going through my bank and disputing the charges. I'm more use to running a dedicated server for multiple different games like arma, dayz, arma 3, and several others. We figured we'd go the easier route for minecraft, turns out it wasn't easier. Guess it's back to our dedicated boxes then. At least there we have full control, just have to spend more time setting up an mc panel to control it.

Connor Gavitt

Jul 29, 2019
It is your CPU the shared minecraft environment is killing it, it's the host basically. The "can't keep up" means your CPU is crying.

Also https://fluctishosting.com/whmcs/cart.php?gid=13

But I would suggest you go for OVH, fragnet, or mcmyhost as they provide true dedicated and reliable power in my experience. I use mcmyhost and handle 70 ish people on weekends easy lag free.