FTB Monster mod pack listed - What do you think?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
Why is gravity suite not included :(
It's a question that's been addressed in the past. Basically, IC2 has become less of a central mod, and the focus of the FTB modpacks have shifted to other mods. As a result, add-ons to IC2 have not been included as it's not the center purpose.

DCribbie

Jul 29, 2019
It's a question that's been addressed in the past. Basically, IC2 has become less of a central mod, and the focus of the FTB modpacks have shifted to other mods. As a result, add-ons to IC2 have not been included as it's not the center purpose.
Does anyone know if the flying abilities provided by the modular powersuits allow a hover mode similar to the advanced electric jetpack? That's a really great function when constructing large towers and bases where falls without the hover mode don't end well.

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know if the flying abilities provided by the modular powersuits allow a hover mode similar to the advanced electric jetpack? That's a really great function when constructing large towers and bases where falls without the hover mode don't end well.
Of course. Make the Power Helm and there's a module to control flight. Place it at 0 though as if the bars any higher than that, you'll move down when going forwards, and up when moving backwards. 0 gives you creative like flight.
Also remember that you can enable and disable it using the keybinds.

DCribbie

Jul 29, 2019
Am I the only person who is having a lot more difficulty obtaining ender pearls in Monster? Any idea why this mechanic changed?

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Why is Ars Magica 2 not included? :(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Could I add it in even if I already started a world?

Quetzel11

Jul 29, 2019

I feel like I have to say this. I really think gravisuite should be in Monster. If only for the reason that It would allow IC2 to compete with the other industry mods in the pack. I've noticed lately that very few people on the FTB servers I play on are using IC2, and it's obvious why they aren't, what with all the cool new toys in the other mods; rotarycraft has bedrock tools and armor, and the grinder, which is 1.5x more efficient than the macerator. Thermal expansion has the redstone furnace and pulverizer, both of which operate faster than their un-upgraded IC2 counterparts, are easier to power early game, and, in the case of the pulverizer, have chances for by-products. And powersuits can be powered with RF. The increase in the cost of the IC2 machines and tools doesn't help their case either, nor does the new UU system. But gravisuite would allow it to compete with the other mods in terms of powerful tools and armor, and the aforementioned cost increase would make the gravisuite items more difficult to obtain, especially those which are composed primarily of iridium (cough, cough, gravichestplate) This probably won't change anyone's mind, but I just wanted to give my two cents.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
I feel like I have to say this. I really think gravisuite should be in Monster. If only for the reason that It would allow IC2 to compete with the other industry mods in the pack. I've noticed lately that very few people on the FTB servers I play on are using IC2, and it's obvious why they aren't, what with all the cool new toys in the other mods; rotarycraft has bedrock tools and armor, and the grinder, which is 1.5x more efficient than the macerator. Thermal expansion has the redstone furnace and pulverizer, both of which operate faster than their un-upgraded IC2 counterparts, are easier to power early game, and, in the case of the pulverizer, have chances for by-products. And powersuits can be powered with RF. The increase in the cost of the IC2 machines and tools doesn't help their case either, nor does the new UU system. But gravisuite would allow it to compete with the other mods in terms of powerful tools and armor, and the aforementioned cost increase would make the gravisuite items more difficult to obtain, especially those which are composed primarily of iridium (cough, cough, gravichestplate) This probably won't change anyone's mind, but I just wanted to give my two cents.
image.jpg

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
While this is a necro, I must say this:
IC2, in my eyes, is dead. It was nice in 1.5, even with all of Greg's nerfs, but now it got just plain grindy, even though I don't have gregtech. IC2 was a wonderful mod, but they went down the wrong path for me. The sick, horrible part is that Greg doesn't want IC2 to be GregTech2. He was actually angry when they made plates and a semifluid generator, taken letter-by-letter out of his mod.
TL;DR: IC2 was wonderful but went down the wrong path.

KoKauH

Jul 29, 2019
AM2 is laggy and broken... T.T
Yes you could. You would miss the ore gen, but it would still 'work'.

If you PC is good it's not laggy and to avoid the ore gen problem open your save in MCedit and select the chunks with your house and the ones you want to save and purge everything else, after this when you open your world you will have Ars Magica 2 stuff spawning naturally :) ( just don't search for them in the chunks you saved :D )

Pokefenn

Jul 29, 2019
If you PC is good it's not laggy and to avoid the ore gen problem open your save in MCedit and select the chunks with your house and the ones you want to save and purge everything else, after this when you open your world you will have Ars Magica 2 stuff spawning naturally :) ( just don't search for them in the chunks you saved :D )
Laggy as in, it causes lag, all mods cause lag, no matter what your computer is, its just how your computer can handle the lag.

Xarlas

Jul 29, 2019
My problem with Ars magica is that there is no possibility to disable the Witchwood forest :(
Because i have found a nice seed and if add Ars magica 2 the world is different (even when i say in the config that it shall do no worldgen in dimension 0 ) :(

The Mods i am thinking about adding them are :
Advanced Thaumaturgy
Ars Magica 2
Chocolate Quest
Forbidden Magic
Galacticraft
Hardcore Ender Expansion
Mad Science
Mekanism
MineChem
Plugins for Forestry
Simply Jetpacks
Technomancy
Totemic
Translocator
Witchery
Unique Artifacts
What i am missing is a food mod like Agriclture in Monster, but one where the creation of food can be automated
Also i really like Millénaire but i remember it beeing buggy as hell (in version 1.5.2)

But after all the Monster pack has (nearly) everything you could need

Nicro

Jul 29, 2019
Reactions: YX33A and Vasa

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
May I suggest having at least an optimized config for Pneumaticcraft in Monster.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1841226-164forgesspsmptechmod-pneumaticcraft/
http://www.minemaarten.com/wikis/pneumaticcraft-wiki/

It offers an interesting tech-tree with mechanics based on pressurized air.
It includes e.g.
a helmet with a HUD a la ironman,
Deus ex like security stations and
fully programmable drones to carry out a variety of simple jobs.

Thank you for consideration
- Nicro
The 1.6.4 packs are frozen. As in they will not make more updates.
Necro #2! @ThatOneSlowking

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking