FTB Monster Igneous Extruder Tower

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

kigconker

Jul 29, 2019
I have a tower of about 208 igneous extruders stacked right on top of each other and since there is no red power in this modpack, I don't have any relays so I have to uses chutes to get the cobble into my me network, but they clog up and slow my scrap production to a crawl. Any alternatives to chutes to get my cobble out of my extruders and into my network faster?

Edit:With my setup I can make over 15 scrap boxes a second, but with my inefficient cobble generation I can only make around 2.

kigconker

Jul 29, 2019
I am using AE, but the problem is I can't connect a import buss to ever extruder, that's why I am using chutes to get them in to my AE system, I also can't get pipes in there, my only option is an output like a hopper that drops item downward.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Why can't you connect an import bus to an extruder?

I once had an octocobble generator with over a thousand extruders feeding into an ME network via import busses. You just need to configure them so they will output to the face connecting to the bus.

Colensocon1

Jul 29, 2019
This is pointless use extra utiltes cobble gen it can make up to a stack per second I always use this as a lot of ingenious extrudes kill my fps

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
If you're certain that import busses won't work (although they certainly should, to my knowledge, if the face of the Extruder against the Import Bus is set to orange), ME Interfaces were designed to do exactly what you're trying to do. Anything that gets ejected into the Interface's inventory will go directly into your ME network.

If you don't want to make 200-odd ME Interfaces, vanilla Hoppers should run fast enough to transport cobble from 4 or 8 Extruders to an Interface, and a column of Speedy Hoppers from Gany's End (if you have that mod) should handle the cobble from 40 or 80 Extruders. If you use an alternating column of hoppers and chests (or those dirt chests from IronChests), you'll certainly only be able to run the lower of those estimates; if you use all hoppers, I'm honestly not sure. It depends on whether or not a Hopper can extract an item from the hopper above at the same time the hopper above drops another item into it.

Or, you could use a line of Itemducts or Iron Buildcraft Pipes with an ME Interface at the bottom. Those blocks have nearly unlimited transport capacity, so you won't need multiple Interfaces. Unless your pipes explode due to having too many items in them at once.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
If you're certain that import busses won't work (although they certainly should, to my knowledge, if the face of the Extruder against the Import Bus is set to orange), ME Interfaces were designed to do exactly what you're trying to do. Anything that gets ejected into the Interface's inventory will go directly into your ME network.

If you don't want to make 200-odd ME Interfaces, vanilla Hoppers should run fast enough to transport cobble from 4 or 8 Extruders to an Interface, and a column of Speedy Hoppers from Gany's End (if you have that mod) should handle the cobble from 40 or 80 Extruders. If you use an alternating column of hoppers and chests (or those dirt chests from IronChests), you'll certainly only be able to run the lower of those estimates; if you use all hoppers, I'm honestly not sure. It depends on whether or not a Hopper can extract an item from the hopper above at the same time the hopper above drops another item into it.

Or, you could use a line of Itemducts or Iron Buildcraft Pipes with an ME Interface at the bottom. Those blocks have nearly unlimited transport capacity, so you won't need multiple Interfaces. Unless your pipes explode due to having too many items in them at once.
dirtchests only hold dirt

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Factorization router, extract from all connected Extruders, eject into a ME interface or put an Import bus on the Router. Done.

kigconker

Jul 29, 2019
I can't get import busses in there, the extruders are too close together
EDIT:I cant get a redstone signal near the itemducts to power them

Last edited:

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
You don't need a redstone signal with TE3. Right click the item duct with a pneumatic servo. Then right click it with an empty hand to open the GUI. You just have to set it to ignore redstone or low signal required. No need for external redstone. The other thing is that igneous extruders are TE3. They will auto eject into itemducts without servos or a redstone signal. You just have to select the proper output face.

kigconker

Jul 29, 2019
You don't need a redstone signal with TE3. Right click the item duct with a pneumatic servo. Then right click it with an empty hand to open the GUI. You just have to set it to ignore redstone or low signal required. No need for external redstone. The other thing is that igneous extruders are TE3. They will auto eject into itemducts without servos or a redstone signal. You just have to select the proper output face.
I din't know that, and servos aren't very expensive I think that might be what I do
EDIT: Thank you sire that worked just fine.

Last edited:

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
dirtchests only hold dirt
Oh, they do? Didn't know that. I thought they were basically cheap single-slot chests. Oh well, Vanilla chests it its then.

Hmm... if Monster has Gregtech (which would surprise me), a column of the small item buffer thingies would work, too. You'd need to power them from the top and put your ME interface at the bottom, which sounds like a nuisance to me, but it could work.

Or a column of Droppers or Dispensers facing outward, with a line of either the red alloy wire from Project Red or RedNet Cable from MFR along the side connected to a 2-second timer, and a Vacuum Hopper from OpenBlocks to collect the cobblestone item entities.

Wait, what? Why can't you put the import busses or ME Interfaces on the side of the tower of Extruders?

The other thing is that igneous extruders are TE3. They will auto eject into itemducts without servos or a redstone signal. You just have to select the proper output face.
I din't know that, and servos aren't very expensive I think that might be what I do
EDIT: Thank you sire that worked just fine.
Erm... He just said you didn't need servos or redstone signals.