[FTB Monster] Cheaty Survival Picture-Through

lukethedude

Jul 29, 2019
I keep a block of everything in my strongbox haha I'm like you and I hate building bases I would much rather a blocked off area!

lukethedude

Jul 29, 2019
Lucky you! Also yeah I also made a steel pick already knowing it could mine those minerals, real great. Also I din't even think of how good it is to dupe wither skulls and... oh. Nether stars!
I'm going to have so many nether star blocks!!

xXSpawnXx

Jul 29, 2019
It's time. I have to leave to a terrible, deep place called Nether.

Enough lore. I have geared up!

AkDotx2.png

And I have entered the Nether.
Here's my spawn in the Nether.

y1n2GQe.png

hYd4bn7.png

kUaGJYb.png

I'm gonna go mining, then I'll probably setup a power-source and get a AE system going.

Skvapter

Jul 29, 2019
It's time. I have to leave to a terrible, deep place called Nether.

Enough lore. I have geared up!

AkDotx2.png

And I have entered the Nether.
Here's my spawn in the Nether.

y1n2GQe.png

hYd4bn7.png

kUaGJYb.png

I'm gonna go mining, then I'll probably setup a power-source and get a AE system going.

Good luck in there! Hell isn't exactly my ideal place to book for a holiday.
I really hope you plan on building a lot of things, I know FTB Let's plays frequently end as soon as the player has played around with near enough every mod and has basically become a mortal God. The reason I usually continue to play a world even after I'm decked out on the mods is because I enjoy building. With the combination of Mystcraft and the players' imaginination, the fun can stay while being lost in the world of creativity and beauty. I really enjoy people who're like this, I think rhn's a great example of someone similar to this, I think he's pretty decked out in his world now but he's continuing to build rather majestic looking things. He's got his own thread too, where he updates people on what he's been building lately and I've not really checked it out fully yet, planning to read all of the pages though, and I recommend you do to if you take this into consideration.

But yeah, that's a mouthful, good luck, Spawn! I hope you find all the materials you're looking for :3

xXSpawnXx

Jul 29, 2019
Good luck in there! Hell isn't exactly my ideal place to book for a holiday.
I really hope you plan on building a lot of things, I know FTB Let's plays frequently end as soon as the player has played around with near enough every mod and has basically become a mortal God. The reason I usually continue to play a world even after I'm decked out on the mods is because I enjoy building. With the combination of Mystcraft and the players' imaginination, the fun can stay while being lost in the world of creativity and beauty. I really enjoy people who're like this, I think rhn's a great example of someone similar to this, I think he's pretty decked out in his world now but he's continuing to build rather majestic looking things. He's got his own thread too, where he updates people on what he's been building lately and I've not really checked it out fully yet, planning to read all of the pages though, and I recommend you do to if you take this into consideration.

But yeah, that's a mouthful, good luck, Spawn! I hope you find all the materials you're looking for :3
Thanks for the support! I am planning on building things to try out different concepts for mods even when they won't be useful anymore/never were just to mess around. I hope you don't mean aesthetic builds, because I'm terrible at that side. But for technical builds, for sure. I might try give it a nice look, but it's really not my best quality..

---Tab. Magical. Things.---

Quickly updating, my adventure to the nether was very short as I only needed a bit of the resources, and there was glowstone and nether quartz right there. I got TiC Nether Ores too.

Ajh3QD1.png

Maybe today I will get a hopefully fun power-source system which will involve a new glitch! AE System today might be pushing too far though.

Reactions: Skvapter

DeadPillz

Jul 29, 2019
I suck at building. I honestly feel horrible about my builds most of the times and feel much better if I just make a flat area walled up. Sorry if you were looking for a fancy touch in this :p

---Fancy Tab Thing---

It's time. The time where the first very glitch shall be explored. It's a mark. A mark of progress. So this glitch is very basic.
Here's me crafting the main things for it.

Hhd2syd.png

yL0aBFK.png

So what you want to do is put your strongbox down anywhere in the world, open it, and put anything you want to dupe in it.

hQjj9p6.png

sdjD5gW.png

Everything should work.

Next, you want to put your drawbridge in the world, pointing to an air block. You can put a lever anywhere aslong as it activates the thing.

vBvFLJh.png

Put the strongbox inside...

bJfV4qw.png

... and activate it.

qpSg8dI.png

Nothing odd happens? Good. Now deactivate it. :O What is this?

WgkrxO7.png

The things inside the dropbox are dropped, but the strongbox which goes back inside the drawbridge also has them. Repeat this aslong as you want. Infinite of anything!
I'll be getting some materials. Next time we might look into some machinery and advance in this world!

This needs fixed asap can't play my multiplayer servers anymore otherwise I'll be too tempted when I run out of resources.. :///

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I was wondering... why did you choose for steel armor?
I checked and it seems invar armor is as good as steel armor, but invar is a bit easier to make then steel...

or did you perhaps come across some free steel armor in chests?

xXSpawnXx

Jul 29, 2019
I was wondering... why did you choose for steel armor?
I checked and it seems invar armor is as good as steel armor, but invar is a bit easier to make then steel...

or did you perhaps come across some free steel armor in chests?
I already had a piece of steel avaiable for duping, invar I'd need to craft. So for me steel was easier.
Did they patch this yet in TE or TiC? Anyone know?
Alot of TiC dupes were fixed in later versions, but Monster has a older version. The bug's not on TE side. (as far as I'm aware)

IMPORTANT --- For the rest of the comments, do NOT use this on servers! You're playing with others, it's not fair, and it's mostly angaist the rules. Besides being purely rude, you can risk being banned.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
RE: Dartcraft: Yeah, I suggest adding it. Good mod. But most of all, you want to use it. QED you should use it.

xXSpawnXx

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry for taking a while! My computer heats up alot when playing FTB Monster, so I can't play for long sections.
Anyways, new glitch! This time, all about duping liquid. Also, I'll try and make the presentation to the glitches with more information and organized from now on.

Let's go "mining" for resources!

mrLKn6L.png

Wow, what a sucesseful "mining" trip!

bL0vr3l.png

---Glitch Time!---

Glitch/Use: Dupe liquids with MFR's Liquid Router.
Caused by: MFR
Level of cheatiness: 5/5 - Game Breaking as it's purely duping.
How to perform (tutorial/still picture-through though):

First, you'll need to get one of these.

V45iUzJ.png

Here we go, got myself one.

Dhttlyh.png

You're also gonna need some kind of pipe that can transport liquid. I will go with liquiducts, since you need one to craft the Liquid Router, anyways.
Aside from those two, you'll need a tank of some sort to store the liquid you're duping. I'm going to use OpenBlocks' Tanks, I will show you why later.

43Sr73L.png

I'm getting 4, I only want 3 but 2 per craft so.

Now you're gonna need the liquid you're gonna dupe.
I'm going to get mob essence myself, but you can use other liquids, and yes, molten metals DO work. :)

UZcCAKe.png

Made myself one of these, cheaper way to get just a bit of mob essence.
With my xp (which I had way more than enough) I got 3 buckets.

C6HZHaR.png

Now, here's how the general way of doing it is.

gbzm8SE.png

... And here's why I wanted OpenBlocks' Tanks, and 3 of them. This way, when the liquid gets duped, it'll all go into the same tank for convenience.

38b889r.png

Turn the liquiduct to output from the tank to liquid router, add a lever, and put your liquid in the tank.

94o6NW0.png

Before doing anything else, check the side you're going to be outputting liquid to, and see the color of that side. Then open the Liquid Router's GUI, and put a empty bucket/or a bucket with the liquid you're gonna dupe in the same color slot.

BUw0Rn2.png

And then, activate the lever. If it doesn't work, try turning it off again until you see the level of liquid increasing.

uDYfc67.png