[FTB Monster] Cheaty Survival Picture-Through

xXSpawnXx

Jul 29, 2019
MeteorCraft dropped by to say hello, did he? Say hello for me. I hope to chat with him later.
...also 'dat steel tool set. How you make all that without making a house first? Let alone some defenses against meteors!
I only had an steel helm in that picture? And it was chest loot/mob drop, can't even remember now... I just know I din't craft it xD
He probably found it in village chest or greatwood tree
That is indeed correct, or so I think. Might of been a mob drop.
Ah, upon checking again, those are mainly stone tools with a steel sword and helmet.
That's actually a stone sword... oddly enough, I did craft a steel sword later on my journey... are you a wizard?
EDIT: You might of noticed the steel sword from a later post, but in the Meteor one, I din't have it. Derp from my side... :p

xXSpawnXx

Jul 29, 2019
Smeltery time! I need it for the first glitch, and it's just a handy machine so.

0OsBL9H.png

Standard Setup. In the other side, I've got another casting table and a casting basin (that side is for ores, the side I show here is for casts/tool parts).

XLhsLhl.png

How it looks after I put the rest of the tinkerer's setup :) Looks a tad bit weird... :p

w4iRqdH.png

An update to my mineral goodies storage. You can see I went get my diamonds, ehehehehe :)
Also, I'm getting TiC Tooltips in the pack, it just gives some nice tooltip info on TiC tools and it's very useful.

Last edited:
Reactions: PhantomRage

xXSpawnXx

Jul 29, 2019
So before I explored my 1st glitch, I wanted to make a steel pickaxe from TiC.
But I wanted Blue Slime. So what did I do? I went look in my map for slime islands... and lucky me, I found one!

LipwYDx.png

So, I actually forgot to take any pictures while up there, but here's what I got.

8WlmWeE.png

And I actually remembered to take a screenshot of the view when going down! Here it is!

XmLNLg3.png

And in this one you can see the shadow of the redwood trees! Pretty!

hNr3M3N.png

----This line seperates time. What happens after this line was a bit after the first part of the post. In this second part, I'll be making my pickaxe!----

Here you can see I have made a bit of alluminium brass, and I'm melting steel for my pick!
If you're wondering how I made steel already, I put one iron in the middle of the crafting grid, 4 coal on the sides, and got some steel dust, which you can then melt, but I used mimichite from mimicry to duplicate the steel output.

GAfVD3C.png

Look at that steel pouring...

Rg9PKHd.png

This pick... it's The Chosen One.

dlbssEi.png

And now, I made a chisel so I could turn some stone into mossy stone bricks, which is very useful in TiC...

g2auopU.png

... as you can see below.

dMyCfgf.png

fCBm8Ct.png

TheAwesomater

Jul 29, 2019
So before I explored my 1st glitch, I wanted to make a steel pickaxe from TiC.
But I wanted Blue Slime. So what did I do? I went look in my map for slime islands... and lucky me, I found one!

LipwYDx.png

So, I actually forgot to take any pictures while up there, but here's what I got.

8WlmWeE.png

And I actually remembered to take a screenshot of the view when going down! Here it is!

XmLNLg3.png

And in this one you can see the shadow of the redwood trees! Pretty!

hNr3M3N.png

----This line seperates time. What happens after this line was a bit after the first part of the post. In this second part, I'll be making my pickaxe!----

Here you can see I have made a bit of alluminium brass, and I'm melting steel for my pick!
If you're wondering how I made steel already, I put one iron in the middle of the crafting grid, 4 coal on the sides, and got some steel dust, which you can then melt, but I used mimichite from mimicry to duplicate the steel output.

GAfVD3C.png

Look at that steel pouring...

Rg9PKHd.png

This pick... it's The Chosen One.

dlbssEi.png

And now, I made a chisel so I could turn some stone into mossy stone bricks, which is very useful in TiC...

g2auopU.png

... as you can see below.

dMyCfgf.png

fCBm8Ct.png
When does the glitch happen?

xXSpawnXx

Jul 29, 2019
When does the glitch happen?
It should happen still today. Sorry for delaying. At first I thought I could do a very simple one, but it has been fixed. The one I want to do involved a smeltery, which I just did today, and I really wanted to make a reliable pick quickly, so it got delayed. But now I have all the resources, so I will get it the next time I post! Also that's just the 1st glitch, if you din't understand correctly, I know various glitches so far which I will explore!

xXSpawnXx

Jul 29, 2019
Watch out, don't let it destroy your desktop!

On a more serious note, you're doing very nice so far! Any chance you have plans to make a house or another settlement? :p
I suck at building. I honestly feel horrible about my builds most of the times and feel much better if I just make a flat area walled up. Sorry if you were looking for a fancy touch in this :p

---Fancy Tab Thing---

It's time. The time where the first very glitch shall be explored. It's a mark. A mark of progress. So this glitch is very basic.
Here's me crafting the main things for it.

Hhd2syd.png

yL0aBFK.png

So what you want to do is put your strongbox down anywhere in the world, open it, and put anything you want to dupe in it.

hQjj9p6.png

sdjD5gW.png

Everything should work.

Next, you want to put your drawbridge in the world, pointing to an air block. You can put a lever anywhere aslong as it activates the thing.

vBvFLJh.png

Put the strongbox inside...

bJfV4qw.png

... and activate it.

qpSg8dI.png

Nothing odd happens? Good. Now deactivate it. :O What is this?

WgkrxO7.png

The things inside the dropbox are dropped, but the strongbox which goes back inside the drawbridge also has them. Repeat this aslong as you want. Infinite of anything!
I'll be getting some materials. Next time we might look into some machinery and advance in this world!

lukethedude

Jul 29, 2019
Oh.my.gosh. I'm glad they're not really fixing monster anymore! Just started a new world and I've been going for an hour only managing to find 1 diamond haha thank you!

xXSpawnXx

Jul 29, 2019
Oh.my.gosh. I'm glad they're not really fixing monster anymore! Just started a new world and I've been going for an hour only managing to find 1 diamond haha thank you!
Ehehee, you're welcome. Be sure to not use in servers! Play fair and square if you're affecting others ;)

---Magical Tab of Seperating---

So I've got some walls (guess how =P) and walled up a zone for my base. Also lighted up the place.

BZSMa6k.png

EN0OEIp.png

This lake will one day be a industrial base. Mwahahahaha!

rz7Gs7P.png

Reactions: PhantomRage

PhantomRage

Jul 29, 2019
I suck at building. I honestly feel horrible about my builds most of the times and feel much better if I just make a flat area walled up. Sorry if you were looking for a fancy touch in this :p
No problem, I'm just following your journey in your world! Just asking :D

Skvapter

Jul 29, 2019
Can't say I haven't been tempted to glitch now, and I probably will. I'm enjoying this thread a lot and I hope you continue to do it. I don't know why but I find this a tiny bit better than a video.

Reactions: Narc

lukethedude

Jul 29, 2019
This is very helpful for tinker tools! Stacks on stacks of quartz without the nether. Found 20 under a greatwood tree and now I have about... 30 stacks of blocks haha

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
How it looks after I put the rest of the tinkerer's setup :) Looks a tad bit weird... :p

I always use this setup for the smeltery ;)

fOvbXc9.png

what you don't see is that the pattern chest is hidden under the smeltery

Fpv93r3.png

ofcourse the setup is usually 1 layer into the floor, but I didn't do it this time to show how I usually have it set up like

xXSpawnXx

Jul 29, 2019
I always use this setup for the smeltery ;)

fOvbXc9.png

what you don't see is that the pattern chest is hidden under the smeltery

Fpv93r3.png

ofcourse the setup is usually 1 layer into the floor, but I didn't do it this time to show how I usually have it set up like
I actually saw a pixel or two from the pattern chest, but only because you said it was there. :D
I was thinking of hiding it too, but I wanted to be able to acess it for quick put of new patterns.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I actually saw a pixel or two from the pattern chest, but only because you said it was there. :D
I was thinking of hiding it too, but I wanted to be able to acess it for quick put of new patterns.

I always break the part builder if I quickly need to access the pattern chest...

TheAwesomater

Jul 29, 2019
Ehehee, you're welcome. Be sure to not use in servers! Play fair and square if you're affecting others ;)

---Magical Tab of Seperating---

So I've got some walls (guess how =P) and walled up a zone for my base. Also lighted up the place.

BZSMa6k.png

EN0OEIp.png

This lake will one day be a industrial base. Mwahahahaha!

rz7Gs7P.png
Just wondering, since you are going chesty have you added dartcraft, because that would be fun to play with lol...

xXSpawnXx

Jul 29, 2019
Just wondering, since you are going chesty have you added dartcraft, because that would be fun to play with lol...
I don't know, I personally like DartCraft but I don't feel like I'd want it here. If the people watching the thread want I guess I could add it, I wouldn't mind, personally I wouldn't though. So do post your opinion on this.

^^^^^^^^^^
Should I add DartCraft? Read above.
----Magic Tab Thingy----

First things first, what did I do off-camera. I duped some materials, and I got Fortune 3 on my Steel Pick. Onto new stuff!
So I don't like chest storage. I peeked into my mineral goodies chest, and saw the musts of a ME system. For the exception of nether quartz. Guess where I'm going!

5z6PB1A.png

I got some obsidian! Just enough for a portal! But... lava and water in the world? Laaaaaame. I used this!

EnLQTHY.png

I used the water+lava+mimichite one for the first piece and then just used mimichite to get more. Could of duped it, but meh.

A3d986y.png

Gah! Messed up my portal. I guess it's good time to test my pick's ability.

l95qwuY.png

Portal made, just need some fire...

7rGW0x9.png

There we go! Time to go deeper!
Next time, I will be exploring the nether for glowstone, nether quartz, and other nether goodies!

lukethedude

Jul 29, 2019
I luckily found quartz in a chest :D so once I make my steel pick I'm to the nether for a fast cobalt and ardite run! And hopefully a wither skull to dupe ;)

xXSpawnXx

Jul 29, 2019
I luckily found quartz in a chest :D so once I make my steel pick I'm to the nether for a fast cobalt and ardite run! And hopefully a wither skull to dupe ;)
Lucky you! Also yeah I also made a steel pick already knowing it could mine those minerals, real great. Also I din't even think of how good it is to dupe wither skulls and... oh. Nether stars!