FTB Mindcrack Pack Ore Heights

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

TheLoneWolfling

Jul 29, 2019
Not using any pickaxes is silly as that isn't making things more difficult, that's just limiting your options in game.
Nope. You can technically do anything that you can normally do in vanilla without a pickaxe. Mining? Creepers / TNT. Obsidian? Cast it. Etc.

raiju

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, point. But then an argument of moderation breaks it. Using extremes to make an argument proves there was no argument to begin with.

not that it wouldn't be fun to try it once....

SublightNova

Jul 29, 2019
A bit of an update on my previous post about almost finding no copper/tin using the direwolf pack. It seems I was sort of wrong. I guess searching at diamond level for these ores is very hard or near impossible. However, i ventured in some extremely large near surface caves and found quiet a lot of copper, tin.. In fact more than i could need atm. So all seems good. I guess one of the changes these backs brings is that you really need to mine at differnt levels instead of all just at around Y12. A perfectly good change I think. :)

K4b6

Jul 29, 2019
Well I think I understand the TE config tweaks now enough to tell you guys what I think is going on (I would keep these ores apart or you could end up either an ore not likely to spawn or a like 10 dense ore mystcraft world xD I not really sure which)

okay strait from the config

This right here my man is your max size for the ore it does not change the min of the size
Code:
I:ore.copper.clusterSize=7

This right here is your max hight best either keep this the same in your config ore you going to have a good nice vanilla mining at high areas
Code:
I:ore.copper.maxY=55
(was around 75 )

This is you min spawn for this ore (Note this does not mean you can't find ore a few block past this, it only counts the generated vain not every ore)
Code:
I:ore.copper.minY=45

This seems to be how many clusters form an a chunk (if you feel you not getting what you really want just try ramping this config up :p )
Code:
I:ore.copper.numClusters=18
( was 9 xD ) I need to lower this again :p (14 and 15 seem to get the tin and copper to spawn as much as the iron does)

Thats it pretty simple right so with that said this would have a chance to spawn a vein of ore from 1-100 respectively 1 once every chunk in between 55 and 45. o_O
Code:
I:ore.copper.clusterSize=100
I:ore.copper.maxY=55
I:ore.copper.minY=45
I:ore.copper.numClusters=1
I'm not so sure this is perfect but my config feels pretty good now and that is about what spawns in a good chunk or at least at got close to that number (the first the the goofy second I don't have time to count that ) :p

Sorry if I'm wrong about anything

Best of Luck
K4b6

Also I'm a little late to the party :p

aburnedpotato

Jul 29, 2019
Almost all of the tin i get is from abandoned mineshafts, caving and what not(it seems to be VERY abundant in these [generally around 20 elevation] along with lead and silver)

copper is a problem though

Gor

Jul 29, 2019
Playing mindcrack pack, stopped mining Xycraft ores ages ago... so many chests full. Have stacks and stacks of common ores, except for tin. Out of tin atm, meanwhile multiple stacks of iron, silver, gold, etc.,etc. I am a bit EU centric, so that may account for the tin shortage. But I came here to find the tin ore levels to focus in on tin. Thanks for that.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Except, volcanos have pools beneath their shaft down don't they? And/or Nether more desierable. Railcraft should work just as well in nether gates as myst gates, right?

I can confirm that not all volcanoes have pools beneath their shafts. My current world I went looking for just that for my base and out six volcanoes only one had a magma tube that actually connected to anything. The other five all just dead ended and digging down to bedrock only one of those touched any lava and it was a tiny 2 by 2 by 2 bubble. My last volcano was part of a cluster two above water one small one huge and third underwater basalt dome. Only the large one had a tube that connected to a magma pool under itself its.

balink

Jul 29, 2019
Based on what eloraam has said about volcanos, they spawn above lava lakes, not create them. She has repeatedly stated that they are going to become smarter with placement and what-not, but the only way they spawn is with a lava lake.