FTB Launcher not showing latest version of DW20

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

OzHound

Jul 29, 2019
Title:
[Solved] FTB Launcher not showing latest version of DW20
Launcher Version:
Modpack:
DW20-1.7.10
Modpack Version:
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
Why is the Launcher not showing the latest DW20 version, i have been running 1.3.1 since i set it up, no issues, then i saw that 1.4.1 was out. I updated the server and then went back to my client to attempt to select the 1.4.1 but it was not there. Only versions prior to 1.3.1 where listed, and recommended.

I have tried

Deleting all instances of the FTP from AppDir, LocaDir, Install Dir, redownloading the launcher. I even checked my Kids PC (a Win 7 machine and a MAC)

My PC at work had the 1.4.1 option in the drop down list as does my Brother on His PC

I had to hack around it by copying the mods from the server and dropping them into the mod directory, but im sure this wont work properly (seems to so far)

EDIT: It seems that my firewall may be blocking the request to download an updated modpack.xml, as the news is updated but the modpack list isnt.
Where exaclty does the modpack.xml download from. I need to whitelist it. Using my phone as a USB tether worked fine.

Last edited:

jikuja

legacy FTB Launcher developer
Launcher Developer
Global Moderator
Dec 17, 2013
Deleting all instances of the FTP from AppDir, LocaDir, Install Dir, redownloading the launcher. I even checked my Kids PC (a Win 7 machine and a MAC)

EDIT: It seems that my firewall may be blocking the request to download an updated modpack.xml, as the news is updated but the modpack list isnt.
Where exaclty does the modpack.xml download from. I need to whitelist it. Using my phone as a USB tether worked fine.

That does not make any sense. If you deleted everything launcher should automatically download new files instead of using old files. Your launcher log does not show any errors caused by something blocking networks access. Are you sure you or your ISP does not have proxy which is misbehaving and caching old data? Download newest launcher beta build, enable extra launcher debugging in advanced options and send a new log.

OzHound

Jul 29, 2019
Hi Jikuja

THanks for your reply, it didnt make sense at the time. However, i have found that my webproxy was actually serving the xml file transparently. Ive cleared the cache and everything is fine.