FTB Launcher Crash

Jared K

Jul 29, 2019
My launcher keeps crashing and I don't know why. It starting happening right after I updated to the new version that came out today. I can show you what the console says, but other than that, I don't know what happened.

FTBLaunch starting up (version 1.3.0)
AnalyticsBackgroundThread started
Java version: 1.7.0_21
Java vendor: Oracle Corporation
Java home: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7
Java specification: Java Virtual Machine Specification version: 1.7 by Oracle Corporation
Java vm: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM version: 23.21-b01 by Oracle Corporation
[i18n] Checking for updates ...
[i18n] enUS English language file loaded!
[i18n] remoteVer = 10
[i18n] localVer = 10
[i18n] Files are up to date
[i18n] Fallback enUS loaded
The FTB Launcher has found the following Java versions installed:
From Console: Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0"
From Console: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 3
From Console: at net.ftb.util.winreg.JavaInfo.<init>(JavaInfo.java:61)
From Console: at net.ftb.util.winreg.JavaFinder.findJavas(JavaFinder.java:95)
From Console: at net.ftb.util.winreg.JavaFinder.parseWinJavaVersion(JavaFinder.java:131)
From Console: at net.ftb.gui.panes.OptionsPane.<init>(OptionsPane.java:128)
From Console: at net.ftb.gui.LaunchFrame.<init>(LaunchFrame.java:504)
From Console: at net.ftb.gui.LaunchFrame$1.run(LaunchFrame.java:274)
From Console: at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
From Console: at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
From Console: at java.awt.EventQueue.access$200(Unknown Source)
From Console: at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
From Console: at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
From Console: at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
From Console: at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
From Console: at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
From Console: at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
From Console: at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
From Console: at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
From Console: at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
From Console: at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
From Console: at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

That's where it stops. Please help me.

VLinden

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having the same problem, a solution would be really appreciated.

edit: The only difference is: my java version is 1.7.0_25

Toxic_Runts

Jul 29, 2019
Ive seen no replys from any one on how to fix it... funny thing is that none of the mods comment on it

50_Ind1g0

Jul 29, 2019
Ive seen no replys from any one on how to fix it... funny thing is that none of the mods comment on it
This is still fairly new, if anything they're either A: trying to replicate it, B: sleeping/chilling with family or stuff (it is sunday in europe) C: re-syncing the launcher to the DL servers or D: already realize what the problem is and are trying to fix it. give it time. besides, it isn't too big of a deal yet.

mellamokb

Jul 29, 2019
The problem seems to be the logic that tries to find all Java installs (JavaInfo.java). It makes the assumption that every version of java has 4 parts - major, minor, revision, and build. However, this is not the case. Some installs of Java don't have a build number. For example, these are the installs present on my system (in c:\program files\java):
jdk1.6.0_24
jdk1.6.0_30
jdk1.6.0_33
jdk1.7.0
jdk1.7.0_25

Note that jdk1.7.0 has no build number. So the code attempts to split into 4 parts and read all 4 parts... hence the ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException with value 3, because this version doesn't have a 4th part (index 3).

The solution for me was to uninstall jdk1.7.0, since it's an older version of Java and I don't need it.

Last edited:

Voorhees3388

Jul 29, 2019
Confirmed removing 1.7.0 worked! I spent many hours before reading this trying to get it to work, gave up and had a friend zip me his files. Thanks a lot!

Jeff Something

Jul 29, 2019
Assuming you're using windows, you can uninstall it from the control panel. The fix seems to have been implemented in the next launcher version, so as soon as that is released, the problem should be solved in any case.

joedgreat

Jul 29, 2019
I am using windows but i do not know where to look in the control panel for the "jdk" i know it will probably be fixed soon but i want to play ftb again soon thanks