FTB Launcher Bug Report Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stellastronza

Jul 29, 2019
As per title, i created this thread for everyone to post the bugs they find in the FTB launcher.
So, off with the first:

Startup Memory allocation resets every time Minecraft is launched (RAM minimum, RAM maximum).

AbbySciuto

Jul 29, 2019
Upon starting the launcher, my maps and mod settings (NEI) are preserved but my vanilla Minecraft settings are not.

F

frito660

The only issue with the launch i have seen is it wants to Download the minecraft jar files on every start up, and sometimes it has a time out error when trying this

Luke_H

Jul 29, 2019
I'll try and get this Thread stickied for you, was a good idea to bring up this Thread.

Also, there was a few issues with the downloading from the epicentre, and that was my fault, there was an issue with it and it has been addressed, hopefully that shouldn't be an issue in the near future.
Just to add, they've added a few more features like editing and deleting Usernames from the list, and cleaned up the bugs you have mentioned.

Regards
Luke_H

unv_annihilator

Jul 29, 2019
For the most part bugs should be posted over on the GitHub repo.
https://github.com/Slowpoke101/FTBLaunch/issues

However I think Luke mentioned he could relay the issues onto github.

Startup Memory allocation resets every time Minecraft is launched (RAM minimum, RAM maximum).
We are aware and it is on the top of the Todo list.

Upon starting the launcher, my maps and mod settings (NEI) are preserved but my vanilla Minecraft settings are not.
The only issue with the launch i have seen is it wants to Download the minecraft jar files on every start up, and sometimes it has a time out error when trying this
These issues are the same, fixed in next release.

Luke_H

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, we were just discussing in Teamspeak, if you wish I can relay all the bug reports onto Git for people :)

Monsterke55

Jul 29, 2019
I have found a bug with the canvas bag if you have something in the bag and then press a number on your keyboard to place the item in to your inventory(hotbar) if that number has the place of the canvas bag that you opened( on the hotbar) the canvas bag closes and the item is in your inventory and ALSO in the bag. Hope this gets seen by someone ;D

Decyphorus

Jul 29, 2019
I have found that in the Direwolf20 pack, when right clicking a state cell with normal support frames in hand, it crashes the game. This strikes me as odd.

metalmagician

Jul 29, 2019
I have found that in the Direwolf20 pack, trying to make a zoomed out map (map in center of crafting table, paper in the 8 other spots), it crashes as soon as the last paper is placed. Crash Report attached.

Attachments

• crash-2013-04-04_20.38.25-client.txt
    18.1 KB · Views: 51

Bierbart12

Jul 29, 2019
When i start the launcher, the mod pack list is empty until i set filter settings.
Ftbempty_zpsa7ebd6fd.png

WAFFLE OF WAR

Jul 29, 2019
I started up the launcher as normal and it automatically downloaded the mod pack again and wiped out my saves in the process. I didn't change anything, and I didn't modify anything. Nothing was different except for it downloading again.

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
Some of you seem to misunderstand the point of this thread. It is for bugs with the launcher, not in-game bugs. It's pointless to post all the bugs you encounter on here when there's a perfectly good tech support section one click away, where you're more likely to get help with it anyway.
--
I have found a bug with the canvas bag if you have something in the bag and then press a number on your keyboard to place the item in to your inventory(hotbar) if that number has the place of the canvas bag that you opened( on the hotbar) the canvas bag closes and the item is in your inventory and ALSO in the bag. Hope this gets seen by someone ;D
This isn't a bug, it's an intentional feature from RedPower 2. The bag HAS to stay in the currently selected slot, otherwise the GUI will close and you'll drop the bag. It's to stop you putting a bag inside itself, which probably causes some kind of infinite loop or something, I don't know. The same thing'll happen if you just pick the bag up while the GUI's open.
Anyway, it's not a bug.[DOUBLEPOST=1366804709][/DOUBLEPOST]In addition, this thread seems kind of pointless, at least for now. The launcher devs are building a new launcher, to my understanding. You can submit design ideas for it here: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/new-launcher-design-we-need-you.13318/

Reactions: Lawbroken

Bear3190

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if anyone has been having the same problem as me but I found that with the 1.2.3 that it wont let me go on most of the modpacks (for example mindcrack and RPG Immersion). I'm not the only one with this problem either so any help with this would be nice.

Brandon3055

Jul 29, 2019
Whenever I download a mod pack some of the vanilla sound files are left out so I need to copy them from another pack. I'm guessing this might be because of my slow internet (satalite) I was just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem

ogelogel1357

Jul 29, 2019
As of the 1.2.6 Launcher, FTBUnleashed 1.1.1 does not have a fully functioning NEI
The custom potion menu, even after changing the controls of MPPS's key to not be the letter p, does not open and causes a crash.

Status
Not open for further replies.