FTB Interactions - Stardust

D

Doomer1122

So A buddy and I have been playing Interactions over the past couple weeks. We are roughly in the middle of the MV age. I've been progressing on Thaumcraft, Astral Sorcery, and other magic mods as he has been working on machines and ore processing.
I'm at a point where I need to make a week blood orb, which requires a Fengarum Gem. I've been making progress in Astral for the purpose of learning how to make this thing, however I've found no such recipe or way to make it. So I've progressed enough to where the next recipes in Astral require Stardust. I have no clue how to acquire this. Most wikis and instructions for stardust tell me to toss Iron ore next to collector crystals and link them, however, this just gets me Dense Iron Ore.
Where am I missing something. I've been beating myself in the head the past day or 2 trying to figure this out.

LordPINE

Jan 2, 2016
The fengarum gem does not need stardust iirc, it's glowstone + a cave crystal in a pool of liquid starlight. Stardust can only be gotten from other planets in FTB:I I'm pretty sure, so you won't be able to get that for a bit

D

Doomer1122

When you say cave crystal, are your referring to Rock crystals from Astral Sorcery? I dropped one into a pool of starlight with a glowstone and they just sat there. Perhaps im doing something wrong still? Or I dont know what I'm doing in general lol.

LordPINE

Jan 2, 2016
I did mean a rock crystal, yeah, sorry. Not sure what is happening there then, it is definitely glowstone + rock crystal

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Hmm this is an interesting one. According to the website, Pine is correct - much like a celestial crystal they are grown with a rock crystal thrown into starlight, but you use glowstone...

The site doesn't specify whether its glowstone dust or block, but I'd assume the dust!

D

Doomer1122

I dropped them all in again, it definitely is glowstone dust. They don't seem to react, or give indication its working, so it felt like it was just blind attempts. I ended up having to answer a phone call, came back and suddenly I had a gem cluster growing in its spot. It takes quite a while it seems, but they eventually worked. Now onto building a way to space. I want stardust!
Thank you both!

Next question. Where would Vinteum be found? We are attempting to build a bigger turbine, but Vinteum plates are needed. I haven't even found a source for the Ore itself. (Watch it be space lol)

Last edited:
Reactions: GamerwithnoGame