FTB Infinity Skyblock 1.7.10 Help, Venting and Discussion Thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

spcsting

Jul 29, 2019
How do I get the Pams Harvestcraft saplings? I cant seem to figure it out...

Easiest way is to make the Pam's harvestcraft Market. you can buy them with emeralds.

If you already have the fruit you can combine it with any sapling to make it.

Darkone84

Jul 29, 2019
I'm looking at getting into Bee's but it's been a while since I played with Bee's in a Skyblock. I'm not sure were to start does anyone know of a guide I could follow or youtube video?

spcsting

Jul 29, 2019
I'm looking at getting into Bee's but it's been a while since I played with Bee's in a Skyblock. I'm not sure were to start does anyone know of a guide I could follow or youtube video?

Not sure if the link will work. But it is Kryllyk on youtube. Episode 8

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
They should have a chance to grow from bonemeal. However that can be disabled.
I'd use the Harvestcraft Market, unless of course it's not ALSO disabled. If so fruit can only be obtained by Forestry.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

pulli23

Jul 29, 2019
How do I get the Pams Harvestcraft saplings? I cant seem to figure it out...
Check the recipes - using agricraft you can get them (all?). Start crossbreeding with the ones you get from sieving dirt (pumpkin, wheat, melon). - Or from a mob farm (carrot, potato).

Geo Terra

Jul 29, 2019
Am I a bad person for wanting the old AE2 recipes back (what they were before they were changed to need the wrench)? Like...an update to the pack to include those recipes as a "Master Mode" or something like that? I also didn't mind the Pokefennium/Fairy recipes for the Primal Mana stuff.

The Primal Mana point being said, I wish there was a more advanced way to process & craft things that need the Smeltery a lot easier. For the copy of Infinity Skyblock I play by myself, I installed "Tinker I/O" to make waiting for things to melt in the Smeltery less painful early on. Also, kinda fits in with the progression as you need ice for the "Smart Output," which you realistically can't get until you have a Compressor and access to snow (biome or Glacial Precipitator, which can make ice, but snow blocks are cheaper).

One other gripe I have is actually obtaining the ores I need for the Agricraft resource crops. Agricraft seems to register the first ore block that it needs (ie. oreCopper), and oftentimes, this ore block is one that can not be made via the induction smelter (recipes only exist for the Thermal Foundation ores). While I doubt that this matters, it is annoying. Also, can't find a way to obtain an Aluminium/Aluminium ore block for that one crop.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Am I a bad person for wanting the old AE2 recipes back (what they were before they were changed to need the wrench)? Like...an update to the pack to include those recipes as a "Master Mode" or something like that? I also didn't mind the Pokefennium/Fairy recipes for the Primal Mana stuff.

The Primal Mana point being said, I wish there was a more advanced way to process & craft things that need the Smeltery a lot easier. For the copy of Infinity Skyblock I play by myself, I installed "Tinker I/O" to make waiting for things to melt in the Smeltery less painful early on. Also, kinda fits in with the progression as you need ice for the "Smart Output," which you realistically can't get until you have a Compressor and access to snow (biome or Glacial Precipitator, which can make ice, but snow blocks are cheaper).

One other gripe I have is actually obtaining the ores I need for the Agricraft resource crops. Agricraft seems to register the first ore block that it needs (ie. oreCopper), and oftentimes, this ore block is one that can not be made via the induction smelter (recipes only exist for the Thermal Foundation ores). While I doubt that this matters, it is annoying. Also, can't find a way to obtain an Aluminium/Aluminium ore block for that one crop.
While it's a counter intuitive suggestion you can get the ores you need from a botania orechid.
However this means going down the magic rabbit hole.
The orechid actually has an easier recipe in Skyblock.
If course if you have the mana to use it though you may not bother with the agricraft crop.

Bashful Giant

Jul 29, 2019
One other gripe I have is actually obtaining the ores I need for the Agricraft resource crops. Agricraft seems to register the first ore block that it needs (ie. oreCopper), and oftentimes, this ore block is one that can not be made via the induction smelter (recipes only exist for the Thermal Foundation ores)

Odd, I've had no problems using the TE ores from the induction smelter with Agricraft. That being said, i haven't made ALL the crops, just most. If you're still having problems, try using a lexica or similar oredict exchanger. Or failing that, cheat exchange the correct ores in :p

My main hurdle with Agricraft was the nether wort crossbreeds. Stupid light requirements for it.

Reactions: zilvarwolf

Geo Terra

Jul 29, 2019
While it's a counter intuitive suggestion you can get the ores you need from a botania orechid.
However this means going down the magic rabbit hole.
The orechid actually has an easier recipe in Skyblock.
If course if you have the mana to use it though you may not bother with the agricraft crop.

Fair point, and I might.

Odd, I've had no problems using the TE ores from the induction smelter with Agricraft. That being said, i haven't made ALL the crops, just most. If you're still having problems, try using a lexica or similar oredict exchanger. Or failing that, cheat exchange the correct ores in :p

My main hurdle with Agricraft was the nether wort crossbreeds. Stupid light requirements for it.

I do like how you edited out my point of which ore block it needs probably being a moot point. It's more me being lazy and not wanting to search through for the Thermal Foundation ores and just wanting to go from the "Crop Mutation" page in NEI to the recipe for the ore block.

As for the Nether Wart crosses, it's not really that bad. What I did for the Nitor Wart mutation was encase myself in a small room with what I need to mutate, then just grinded through till I had the seed, and then started to breed it into a 10-10-10. I used the Agricraft clips (or whatever they're called), to obtain clippings from the Nitor Wart which are effectively seeds on their own. From a 10-10-10 plant at full (100%) growth, I can usually obtain 7 clippings before having to let it regrow. So, now I have the original seed at 10-10-10 and 49+ clippings of that plant that I can use elsewhere to set up my farms fully.

Protip (if you didn't already know): Fertilizer made from Apatite DOES work on Agricraft crops, you just need to shit-click the crops with it in your hand to apply. I found it insanely useful to force a mutation or grow up my breeding stock.

Reactions: Azzanine

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, it's odd behavior but Forestry fertilizer does work well in ex nilio maps.
While I still find it ridiculous, mutation in Infinity Skyblock has been made quicker as you can bonemeal mutations.

Also isn't that Cooking for Blockheads neat! Sort if wasted on this map as all people do is automate Beef Wellington for food and even power, but in a map with Spice of life and or Hunger overhaul it's super nifty.
Would be awesome if there was a general crafting version. "Handiwork for Blockheads" of a sort. Imagine being able to hang up all your tech tools and have a handy queable furnace with auxiliary storage for say IC2's super nested recipes. I mean project tables are great for this but something like Cooking for Blockheads for regular crafting would be neat AF.

Darkone84

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone had any issues getting gold seeds to grow?
I have them on tilled soil with a gold ore block underneath and the tool tip says they can grow but they don’t, I can’t bonemeal them. They are setup right next to my redstone seeds but have a redstone ore block instead and they work fine, have I missed something?

G

GreyHawk_90

I keep on seeing "Compressed Skeleton" in my mob grinder. What is that?

Nedrith

Jul 29, 2019
a mob added by I believe ex compressium. It's basically 9 skeletons compressed into 1 that seperate when killed.

SevenMass

Jan 2, 2013
The Netherlands
Has anyone had any issues getting gold seeds to grow?
I have them on tilled soil with a gold ore block underneath and the tool tip says they can grow but they don’t, I can’t bonemeal them. They are setup right next to my redstone seeds but have a redstone ore block instead and they work fine, have I missed something?

From my experience: It seems you can't bonemeal (not even with Forestry fertilizer) the ore crops. (but you can use Forestry fertilizer on redstone crops)
The watering can does seem to work on some of them.
I've just resorted to letting some of the crops grow naturally myself. A bit annoying, but oh well...

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Started playing it yesterday, and the first thing I have to complain about (Jordan? Complaining? No... this can't be true) is the stupid early game recipes from Infinity Expert mode are still here.

As much as I hated the entire progression line for that pack, I can let it slide, as you can get infinite amounts of almost every resource just from cobblestone.
However, why did the nerfed recipes for planks and sticks make a return. Same for the furnace.
I will allow the recipes for all other vanilla stuff to slide, but not these. The first 2 resources you are expected to get in a skyblock, where resource count is limited, and you are having to grind for twice as long.
Where in a normal skyblock a single tree's wood could last you at least until another tree grows naturally just doesn't cut it here. Getting 2 planks per log really does slow the game down to a snails pace. When you're in an actual world, having 3 or 4 trees to cut down near to each other is easy to get. However, on a limited skyblock, it's not.
Then there's the cobblestone generation. When you have a 100% (unless mining in a precarious place) to pick up all stone you mine, 81 cobble isn't the end of the world, however, when at least half of the cobble you mine goes into lava, 81 cobble is a pain to get, especially seeing as stone tools can't even mine 81 blocks.
Yes you can make the slab furnace, however, why should I? They are ugly and they don't play well with inventory tweaks/NEI/etc. (shift clicking stuff, etc.). Not to mention they are useless. When you get enough iron to make an iron furnace, you upgrade the MC furnace, which you can just mine up and use; wasting less resources. Whereas the slab furnace can't be used as such. Even if the furnace recipe was just 2 slab furnaces (with the vanilla furnace recipe) I think I'd be OK with the recipe. However 81 cobble when attaining the resource is a pain isn't fun.

And then there's the grout. I complained about this last time, when getting clay wasn't a massive pain in the arse. However, now you actually have to wait until it rains to get clay, so yes, the grout recipe is even worse now. Why halve the output of grout from its default recipe?

I have decided to take it upon myself to do as I did with Infinity Evolved, add Mekanism and Arcane Arteries (for if/when I get into magic), however I have decided to remove the unnecessary recipe changes for the wood and grout (I will leave the furnace recipes alone, as later game they aren't as much of a pain), as well as changing the recipes for the EnderIO conduits and re-adding some of the extra utilities generators, as these things were nerfed way too much, and not needed to be removed, respectively. The removal of some of the generators makes me wonder why. Everyone uses the quite OP culinary generators, but they get left in, however remove the pink and potions generators... why? Pink generators are hard to automate while getting a net-gain in RF, and potions generators are just as powerful as culinary generators (until you get some of the "top tier" food) but require a little more "skill" to automate.

[/rant]

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
The furnace thing just seems like a complaint about slab furnaces, and the iron furnace always seemed less impressive than the nether furnace myself. Just wait for a cobble gen though for furnaces, they're not that hard. One slab furnace for the first little while shouldn't matter that much.

Also, you don't need to wait till it rains to get clay, they gave you water, use that. Pretty sure the in-game guide even mentions the use of water bottles in replicating water into barrels.

Pink generators are kind of eh, one of the best generators due to the secondary effect but basically useless for actual power gen.

TrJace

Jul 29, 2019
Started playing it yesterday, and the first thing I have to complain about (Jordan? Complaining? No... this can't be true) is the stupid early game recipes from Infinity Expert mode are still here.

As much as I hated the entire progression line for that pack, I can let it slide, as you can get infinite amounts of almost every resource just from cobblestone.
However, why did the nerfed recipes for planks and sticks make a return. Same for the furnace.
I will allow the recipes for all other vanilla stuff to slide, but not these. The first 2 resources you are expected to get in a skyblock, where resource count is limited, and you are having to grind for twice as long.
Where in a normal skyblock a single tree's wood could last you at least until another tree grows naturally just doesn't cut it here. Getting 2 planks per log really does slow the game down to a snails pace. When you're in an actual world, having 3 or 4 trees to cut down near to each other is easy to get. However, on a limited skyblock, it's not.
Then there's the cobblestone generation. When you have a 100% (unless mining in a precarious place) to pick up all stone you mine, 81 cobble isn't the end of the world, however, when at least half of the cobble you mine goes into lava, 81 cobble is a pain to get, especially seeing as stone tools can't even mine 81 blocks.
Yes you can make the slab furnace, however, why should I? They are ugly and they don't play well with inventory tweaks/NEI/etc. (shift clicking stuff, etc.). Not to mention they are useless. When you get enough iron to make an iron furnace, you upgrade the MC furnace, which you can just mine up and use; wasting less resources. Whereas the slab furnace can't be used as such. Even if the furnace recipe was just 2 slab furnaces (with the vanilla furnace recipe) I think I'd be OK with the recipe. However 81 cobble when attaining the resource is a pain isn't fun.

And then there's the grout. I complained about this last time, when getting clay wasn't a massive pain in the arse. However, now you actually have to wait until it rains to get clay, so yes, the grout recipe is even worse now. Why halve the output of grout from its default recipe?

I have decided to take it upon myself to do as I did with Infinity Evolved, add Mekanism and Arcane Arteries (for if/when I get into magic), however I have decided to remove the unnecessary recipe changes for the wood and grout (I will leave the furnace recipes alone, as later game they aren't as much of a pain), as well as changing the recipes for the EnderIO conduits and re-adding some of the extra utilities generators, as these things were nerfed way too much, and not needed to be removed, respectively. The removal of some of the generators makes me wonder why. Everyone uses the quite OP culinary generators, but they get left in, however remove the pink and potions generators... why? Pink generators are hard to automate while getting a net-gain in RF, and potions generators are just as powerful as culinary generators (until you get some of the "top tier" food) but require a little more "skill" to automate.

[/rant]
So basically you want to play a different custom mod pack. That's cool! Have fun.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Inaeo