FTB Infinity & other mods

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

michael199310

Jul 29, 2019
I've been playing MC with mods since... well, forever. Whenever I'm back in MC, I install all the mods manually but recently, I decided to try FTB Launcher. It's really cool and simple but some of my favourite mods are missing. I have a few questions regarding this topic.

1) I want to play Infinity but I also want to include some mods from other modpacks (like Resurrection). Is it possible to download few different modpacks and transfer mods between them? Or should I download each mod not included in Infinity and add it manually via "edit modpack"?

2) If answer on 1) is no, then I would like to manually add GregTech and PneumaticCraft. Are there any issues with that (e.g. config issues, bad compatibility, etc.)?

3) Modular Powersuits are not there too but I heard there are similar mods. Which one is the closest you can get to MPS?

4) Are there any other cool non-Infinity mods that I could add with no issues? Name your recommendations.

lolwutgamer

Jul 29, 2019
I am not an expert but I can try to answer your questions

1) Don't bother downloading modpacks just to transfer mods, however that could be a good option if you want to have exact configs as that modpack from which you are transfering mods has, if you replace the original source config ,that is.

2) You'll most likely have to configurate the config, or copy the config file from another mod. I dont think that there would be any compability problems, just make sure to choose the correct version of the mod for the minecraft client version. There is a rumor that Tinkers Construct and Gregtech don't like each other though.

3) I prefer Simply Jetpacks... they're not very similar but that's just my opinion.

4) Add Hunger Overhaul and Spice of Life if you want a more difficult early game, they're pretty cool mods. Dont forget to have Pam's Harvestcraft as well, it makes it even more interesting

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
You may find adding GregTech to Infinity (especially Expert) will cause you some progression issues as that mod does make some major changes to how MC works.

Now, to your general question:

Try the Curse Voice Launcher. You can download packs, disable mods you don't want, and add mods you do want there. It uses the Curse mods, so you know you won't be getting malware, or out of date stuff.

michael199310

Jul 29, 2019
I managed to add few mods manually with no issues. I may hold on with GregTech now and try expert mode instead.

condensedapple

Jul 29, 2019
I added the QuarryPlus mod, which is really cool because you can upgrade and enchant your quarries and make them less laggy by using a pump. It also adds enchantable block breakers. If you are really late-game, build a funky locomotion + enchanted mining wells machine, which results in LOTS of ressources (e.g. 100k redstone per hour with ~20 fully enchanted Mining Wells).