FTB Infinity Evolved Skyblock

Olafski

Jul 29, 2019
I've finally gotten to the point where I'm progressed further than I ever have in non skyblock (non expert) Minecraft. In particular, I made a tier 6 blood altar and a Convocation of the Damned. These demons are fun, but now I need a way to farm them efficiently for their shards. I found out that putting them in a powered spawner does not produce the desired result... are there other ways to make them drop their shards more often?

Krista1234

Jul 29, 2019
I've finally gotten to the point where I'm progressed further than I ever have in non skyblock (non expert) Minecraft. In particular, I made a tier 6 blood altar and a Convocation of the Damned. These demons are fun, but now I need a way to farm them efficiently for their shards. I found out that putting them in a powered spawner does not produce the desired result... are there other ways to make them drop their shards more often?

Make sure you check the chests for shards.

Jemes78

Jul 29, 2019
So I looked everywhere to find a place to post this... so it appears that something is causing 2 ftb bucket trophies to spawn inside my formation plane setup for my wither spawner its always two as items and every 10 seconds
2016-05-26_11.39.57.png

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumcraft: Eldritch tab...

All the research I have done says that it can be unlocked with just eating brains... on two different worlds (test and play) and a few hours of maxed/near maxed warp... I have captured a couple guardians (and made my spawner/killer for eldritch eyes) and have still yet to get the eldritch tab on either box...

So I ask, is there a required piece of research? Have I missed something? Or, am I just having incredibly crappy luck?

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumcraft: Eldritch tab...

All the research I have done says that it can be unlocked with just eating brains... on two different worlds (test and play) and a few hours of maxed/near maxed warp... I have captured a couple guardians (and made my spawner/killer for eldritch eyes) and have still yet to get the eldritch tab on either box...

So I ask, is there a required piece of research? Have I missed something? Or, am I just having incredibly crappy luck?

Just to follow up, Yes, it will work with only brains... RNGeesus hated me... took almost 6 stacks, and better part of 8-10 hours... too bad this is my test world, at least I know it's possible now.

Olafski

Jul 29, 2019
Make sure you check the chests for shards.
I did, thanks :) Also found a ton of iridium, which was nice. Still no really (automatically) renewable way to get shards though...

Edit: I need a ton of them since I decided the easiest creative item to make will be the mana pool. And since I hate waiting for mana, I figured I might as well start with that :)
Edit2: .. and I just saw Direwolf20 make the same mistake as I did, thinking the creative mana pool is easy. Turns out it requires a creative portable tank... :(

Last edited:

Lior

Jul 29, 2019
I have been playing for the past few weeks and suddenly the game wont even open, I have tried it on the Curse, FTB and MultiMC launchers to see if it was just a bugged launcher but it still never worked. Can someone help?
I have the log when it crashes here http://paste.ee/p/rkDop
If you need my pc's specs, i have an i3 processor with a intel hd 4000 integrated graphics with 4 gigs of ram

mjvmine

Jul 29, 2019
I have been playing for the past few weeks and suddenly the game wont even open, I have tried it on the Curse, FTB and MultiMC launchers to see if it was just a bugged launcher but it still never worked. Can someone help?
If you need my pc's specs, i have an i3 processor with a intel hd 4000 integrated graphics with 4 gigs of ram

I am starting to have similar problems, my game crashes from time to time, sometimes it crashes right as it launches. I'm a little worried my world is becoming unstable.

Lior

Jul 29, 2019
I am starting to have similar problems, my game crashes from time to time, sometimes it crashes right as it launches. I'm a little worried my world is becoming unstable.
But my problem is that it always happens not sometimes and crashes on launch of the game not the world

mjvmine

Jul 29, 2019
If it won't launch at all I'd back up any other FTB games you may have played or are playing and delete and reinstall the FTB launcher. Something may have gotten corrupted at some point. Also make sure you have the latest version of java installed. It might be that your specific game instance has gotten corrupted somehow and starting with a new one may fix it.

Lior

Jul 29, 2019
If it won't launch at all I'd back up any other FTB games you may have played or are playing and delete and reinstall the FTB launcher. Something may have gotten corrupted at some point. Also make sure you have the latest version of java installed. It might be that your specific game instance has gotten corrupted somehow and starting with a new one may fix it.
I did that and it worked but now i cant open any worlds

ariosos

Jul 29, 2019
So I was looking for alternate ways to get Electrotine (for future automation) without needing a pulverizer/sieve setup, and I was thinking of my old favorite - Bees! Turns out, Gendustry allows for custom bees (thus the infinity bee, as I found looking through Google and the configs).

Kind of a suggestion, kind of just throwing things out. Infinity could probably have an Electrotine Bee (Energetic + Excited? Energetic + Shocking?) Still kind of feels weird for the Power Module to come out of a comb, but I do like the infinty bee being used to unlock the Gendustry mod (preferably needing at least royal jelly, maybe in place of the diamonds the recipes normally use). Now I'm wishing there were custom resources. :p

Granted, this is something I always wind up doing - modifying modpacks to add/remove/re-balance things.

Now to figure out what to do for...

Mana Bee - probably something in the Thaumic branch (end game line - wished Gendustry would force you to put in a required block to breed... it's a little OP as it is. :D).

Signalum Bee - There's the Endearing and Invar Bees, so why not?

Iridium Bee - Again, wished Gendustry forced (at least a config option) a block to be required... (perhaps some Draconic branch?)

Steel Bee

And just for grins and giggles, the Avaritian Branch... (culminating in the "Ultimate Bee", because that's just what Avaritia would do.)

EDIT: What do you know? There *is* a Custom Items mod! Hasn't been updated recently, though. :( It's opensource, so maybe someone might pick up the banner? Seems like a promising mod, and one that I would definitely use.

Last edited:
Reactions: Otho

ariosos

Jul 29, 2019

I had that happen (back when I was using the alpha list someone found). I also have a bug where if I switch between saves (i.e., main world, and test world), recipes will be lost. For that issue, just restarting FTB Infinity fixed it.

Lior

Jul 29, 2019
I had that happen (back when I was using the alpha list someone found). I also have a bug where if I switch between saves (i.e., main world, and test world), recipes will be lost. For that issue, just restarting FTB Infinity fixed it.
My issue with the crash has beem fixed but i cant open any worlds or log onto any server anymore

mjvmine

Jul 29, 2019
My issue with the crash has beem fixed but i cant open any worlds or log onto any server anymore
Can you create new solo worlds and log into them?

Also if you deleted and reinstalled the FTB launcher the configuration files would have been deleted too so you will need to reenter the information for any servers you were playing on.

Jemes78

Jul 29, 2019
So I was looking for alternate ways to get Electrotine (for future automation) without needing a pulverizer/sieve setup, and I was thinking of my old favorite - Bees! Turns out, Gendustry allows for custom bees (thus the infinity bee, as I found looking through Google and the configs).

Kind of a suggestion, kind of just throwing things out. Infinity could probably have an Electrotine Bee (Energetic + Excited? Energetic + Shocking?) Still kind of feels weird for the Power Module to come out of a comb, but I do like the infinty bee being used to unlock the Gendustry mod (preferably needing at least royal jelly, maybe in place of the diamonds the recipes normally use). Now I'm wishing there were custom resources. :p

Granted, this is something I always wind up doing - modifying modpacks to add/remove/re-balance things.

Now to figure out what to do for...

Mana Bee - probably something in the Thaumic branch (end game line - wished Gendustry would force you to put in a required block to breed... it's a little OP as it is. :D).

Signalum Bee - There's the Endearing and Invar Bees, so why not?

Iridium Bee - Again, wished Gendustry forced (at least a config option) a block to be required... (perhaps some Draconic branch?)

Steel Bee

And just for grins and giggles, the Avaritian Branch... (culminating in the "Ultimate Bee", because that's just what Avaritia would do.)

EDIT: What do you know? There *is* a Custom Items mod! Hasn't been updated recently, though. :( It's opensource, so maybe someone might pick up the banner? Seems like a promising mod, and one that I would definitely use.
I made a post a while ago about making a better source for electotine and iridium(or not better just different) and mentioned they should do bees, but anyway could you post the config lines that you did for the bees( i could never get it to work)

Lior

Jul 29, 2019
Can you create new solo worlds and log into them?

Also if you deleted and reinstalled the FTB launcher the configuration files would have been deleted too so you will need to reenter the information for any servers you were playing on.
I can't log into servers or open worlds it just takes me to the home screen

G

Game2win94

Heloo FTB Team i found a buck with the shovel of the earthmover and the shovel of the purifier if u try 2 craft the purifier u get the earthmover and can u pleas add the mod steves factory manager and for balange u can made him cost a me core for the manager itself

thanks

greatings game2win