FTB Infinity Evolved Skyblock

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Sift dirt for early grass seed- can be worth investing in shears [shiny is best] for leaves, or hammering wood into sawdust. Either is good for composting.
There's an overpowered version of the Orechid that'll sort you for ores. [Evolved Orechid??]
Yeah i seen that one but I was thinking early game. I would like alts for cobble, resources, compressing, etc that don't require tech. I know i will need a certain amount of tech to progress through magic.

K

KLocs420

How do I get the Oblivion HIve/Bee? Seems like the Hiveacynth gives me every hive bee BUT them. :(

Last edited:

mjvmine

Jul 29, 2019
Geez is pursuing magic ridiculous. Every time I try to do something I find 10 steps I have to do before I can make progress. At least with machines once I build the machines I can use them down the road for other things, but man, making runes for the blood altar is crazy!

mjvmine

Jul 29, 2019
This is just the first video off the top of my head. I know their spawn they customly did . I'm not sure if the map it self is an adventure map or what

I think that may be another mod pack, there are a few sky block mod packs out there, FTB Infinity Evovled Skyblock is just one of several.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
How do I get the Oblivion HIve/Bee? Seems like the Hiveacynth gives me every hive bee BUT them. :(
Ex Astris should provide crafting recipes for all the hives, for the magical bees ones you'll need to research them in the thaumonomicon.

K

KLocs420

Derp. I see now. I already had it unlocked but for some reason was looking in NEI instead of the Thaumonomicon. Thank you so much.

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
Draconium. With dimensions off, is there a way to get this other than sieving Netherrack and Endstone?

Or a better way?

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Not as far as I know, sieving endstone is the best. Quoting myself from when I did the maths once on reddit, comparing netherrack and endstone for draconium production by the numbers.

Xavion said:
Endstone is 7% each block per crushed ore, netherrack is 2%. Each stage of hammering initially gives a 1.325x multiplier, actually I screwed that up in the comment above but irrelevant as it affects both equally. Also I forgot a division by four I think so just redoing all the maths now.

So after the initial stage getting to ore blocks we've got 0.07 * 1.325 * 1.325 / 4 ~= 0.031 ore dust blocks per endstone and 0.02 * 1.325 * 1.325 / 4 ~= 0.009 ore dust blocks per netherrack.

From netherrack you get three ingots per dust block, so that's 0.027 ingots per netherrack, about 37 netherrack per ingot.

For end stone it's more complex as you've got the two options, from hammering you get 1.2 ingots per dust block which comes out to ~0.037 ingots per end stone or about 27 endstone per ingot. However you can also combine four dust blocks and a stone to create a draconium ore block, which can then be mined by fortune, as draconium ore drops 1-2 dust normally and when mined with fortune drops an extra fortune to fortune * 3 dust with fortune 3 it should average 7 dust dropped. Divide through by four and you get 1.75 ingots per ore dust block, not as good as QED but better than just hammering, also note that using Fortune 3 hammer three times on the ore and then QED produces very slightly less, that wasn't overlooked. So at 1.75 ingots per dust block we get about 0.054 ingots per endstone block, or about 19 endstone per ingot.

So overall.

Netherrack: 37 blocks per ingot

Endstone (hammering dust): 27 blocks per ingot

Endstone (fortuning ore): 18.5 blocks per ingot

Puts endstone at about twice the yield of netherrack at max, and about 37% more draconium with the more "obvious" path of hammering the dust blocks.

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
Not as far as I know, sieving endstone is the best. Quoting myself from when I did the maths once on reddit, comparing netherrack and endstone for draconium production by the numbers.
I did that math too, the only time I do 'rack is for mithril now... but damn... I think I have to step up my endstone production process /sigh

Jemes78

Jul 29, 2019
I did that math too, the only time I do 'rack is for mithril now... but damn... I think I have to step up my endstone production process /sigh
if you get a bucket of primal mana you can make mithril for free by placing a TE silver block above the primal mana(in world crafting)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
if you get a bucket of primal mana you can make mithril for free by placing a TE silver block above the primal mana(in world crafting)
Doesn't need to be on top of, does it? I seem to remember mass-producing lots of the stuff just by pouring a bucket into a channel made of TE silver ores or some such. Flowing primal mana works too, not just source blocks.

Just be careful with all the fires (and snow) you generate. Ideally you don't want to do this particular project in your wooden base.

Jemes78

Jul 29, 2019
Doesn't need to be on top of, does it? I seem to remember mass-producing lots of the stuff just by pouring a bucket into a channel made of TE silver ores or some such. Flowing primal mana works too, not just source blocks.

Just be careful with all the fires (and snow) you generate. Ideally you don't want to do this particular project in your wooden base.
I Just use the spot above it with formation and annihilation panes sometimes walking into its fun... speed boost... jump boost... teleport underneath the platform and almost fall to death... good times...

Reactions: Pyure

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, just has to be adjacent to the primal mana, any side works. It can do lead to gold if you care about that for some reason, the full list is here.

Reactions: Pyure
K

KLocs420

I have 4 big reactors outputting a total of 48k RF/tic and was wondering how I can convert that to run IC2 machines without hundreds of Immersive Engineering connectors?

Jemes78

Jul 29, 2019
I have 4 big reactors outputting a total of 48k RF/tic and was wondering how I can convert that to run IC2 machines without hundreds of Immersive Engineering connectors?
I'm pretty sure that Immersive engineering is the only way to convert rf to eu in this pack(or at least its the best) this setup here
2016-05-25_19.24.16.png
can transfer about 86k rf/t to eu, you can ignor my whole energy cell with comparitors thing, thats just an auto shut off for my 8x wither gen. You must use transvector interfaces with this system because HV wire connectors can only have a single wire connected.

K

KLocs420

I'm pretty sure that Immersive engineering is the only way to convert rf to eu in this pack(or at least its the best) this setup here

Thank you for the help. I didn't consider transvector interfaces just IE hv wiring or rednet cables (not viable for that much power). You don't have a Youtube do you? I would like to see more of your world lol.

Jemes78

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you for the help. I didn't consider transvector interfaces just IE hv wiring or rednet cables (not viable for that much power). You don't have a Youtube do you? I would like to see more of your world lol.
I dont have youtube but I can take more screenshots of anything

Jemes78

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know what causes this bug?
2016-05-25_21.26.30.png
They seem to be coming from my wither spawner/killer

mjvmine

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone else have a problem as the world gets bigger that you start to get crashes here and there?