FTB Infinity Evolved Skyblock

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Hey im having some issues with the bee hives in infinity evolved sky block. version is 1.0.4

Marble hives dont give any bees.

Rocky hives: no recipe in NEI no idea if this can be crafted at all

Resonating hive: no recipe in NEI no idea if this can be crafted at all
unusual hive: no recipe in NEI no idea if this can be crafted at all
curious hive: no recipe in NEI no idea if this can be crafted at all

I am wondering if there is a reason why thise are disabled or if this is intentionally or not.

it would be great to get a reply ty alot :)
You might have to breed them did you check that?

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014

Marbled Bees haven't existed since 1.6.4 days iirc. The hive is still there though, but it neither spawns in worldgen nor gives bees if placed from creative or similar. Perhaps Marble Hive recipe is meant to make a different hive?

Zadkiel

Jul 29, 2019
Just a note to say that although a new version has been uploaded, v1.1.0 - the FTB launcher doesn't upgrade automatically - I suspect that the 'recommended' version has accidently been left at 1.0.4 - if you want 1.1.0 then you need to manually select it from the version dropdown

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
They don't always make the next update the recommended. I would wait till it is recommended first.

gijsc1

Jul 29, 2019
is there any reason why you cant craft a yellorium block back into yellorium ingots?
Because of this you cant use the compacting drawers to compress it.

Sephlington

Jul 29, 2019
Hey im having some issues with the bee hives in infinity evolved sky block. version is 1.0.4

Rocky hives: no recipe in NEI no idea if this can be crafted at all

Resonating hive: no recipe in NEI no idea if this can be crafted at all
unusual hive: no recipe in NEI no idea if this can be crafted at all
curious hive: no recipe in NEI no idea if this can be crafted at all

I am wondering if there is a reason why thise are disabled or if this is intentionally or not.

it would be great to get a reply ty alot :)

As mentioned, Marble hives were kinda removed a while back, but are still there. Marble bees don't exist any more, so I'm not sure why there's a recipe added for the hive.
Rocky bees being missed is probably an oversight. I know people have added it as a bug report/suggestion (using seared stone).

The Magic Bees hives all have Thaumcraft-based recipes, found under the Ex Astris page, so they don't work in NEI until you've researched them.

mjvmine

Jul 29, 2019
Hello folks, I'm new to FTB Infinity Skyblock but I'm diving right in and doing a lets play. I hope you like it!

mjvmine

Jul 29, 2019
A builder's wand has a recipe, 2 blocks of diamonds and 2 steel tool rods. The super builder's wand does not have a NEI recipe.

jockc

Jul 29, 2019
I can't seem to get squids to spawn. I am below Y=64 and have a few different water areas. Probably 40 hrs of playtime and not a single squid to be seen. What am I doing wrong?

Zittla

Jul 29, 2019
I can't seem to get squids to spawn. I am below Y=64 and have a few different water areas. Probably 40 hrs of playtime and not a single squid to be seen. What am I doing wrong?
46-62 they spawn in make sure all the water blocks i the pool you make is source blocks and not flowing water.
Also make sure its huge and deep for it to work better.
it also have to be like 20+ blocks from you can be up to 100 even

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
46-62 they spawn in make sure all the water blocks i the pool you make is source blocks and not flowing water.
1 or more blocks of water, any light level, spawning block must be between level 46 (inclusive) and sea level (sealevel was Changed in 1.8.3 from y=63 as such y=63 should be used.)
This is from the wiki unless changed in this pack.

Link:http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Squid

Zadkiel

Jul 29, 2019

I had them spawning all the time in the bottom of my waterwheels, in shallow flowing water. The only source blocks, on the top of the wheel, were above the maximum Y limit for squids, so I know they were spawning below. I suspect the 24-128 block range is probably more the issue here.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Just to say, I didn't get squids until I had a 7x7x3 pool (all lower than y=64). Not sure what the minimum requirement is, but a depth of one source block wasn't enough for me.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Just to say, I didn't get squids until I had a 7x7x3 pool (all lower than y=64). Not sure what the minimum requirement is, but a depth of one source block wasn't enough for me.
One block of water is all that is needed but if you add more blocks you will get more chances for them to spawn.

jockc

Jul 29, 2019
thanks guys, I setup a larger and deeper (3 deep) pool further out from my base and within about 15 minutes got a bunch to spawn.